IGNORED

Starting a new chapter in my life

b2dad

Well folks...it's really happening! Today is my last day of work. I am finally retiring. We sold the house and closed on it last week. We have until September 1 to liquidate all our belongings and leave this house we have lived in for over 13 years. We purchased a new 2016 Montana 5th wheel and a truck to pull it. That is going to be our new home for the next several years (we hope!). We will be traveling full time.

We have been planning this for a year and a half. and suddenly it's a reality. I am a little scared, nervous, anxious...all of those. And yet I am EXCITED! I am ready for a change, ready for my dreams to come true. Don and I are ready to travel this beautiful country and maybe visit some of you on the way.

Our first stop will be the International Rally where we plan to camp at Lakeside Campgrounds. Then it's back home to finish selling all our "stuff". If anyone needs "stuff" please let me know!!!! LOLOLOL!!! We haven't really decided where to go first, when we head out for real. I guess it depends on the weather Sept 1. If it's warm we may head north. If it's starting to cool off, maybe we head south. It could be West or East. Maybe we will just head out wherever the roads take us and stop when we are done for the day. No hurries, no plans...now THAT sounds scary to me!

We will definitely be keeping in touch here.

Patti

YAY!! for you. I tried retirement in 2002 but it didn't stick so I did it again last month. Immediately took off on a long motorcycle trip and it is going to work this time.

Seeing the country is a great thing which more of us should make a real effort to do. I applaud your effort and look forward to hearing of your new experiences.

Maybe we will just head out wherever the roads take us and stop when we are done for the day. No hurries, no plans...now THAT soundsLIKE FUN to me!

We will definitely be keeping in touch here.

Patti

Why make plans?? You don't have a destination in the end planned (maybe you Patti, just not sure about Don!). You'll have a much better time at it!....

Make up a list of oh say 6-8 places you would like to see. Greenfield village and Henry Ford Museum in Detriot, maybe an assembly plant tour if they still do those. In St Louis area you have Grants Farm where President Grant lived after the Cival War. The Bud Brewery is ther also. Often times you go to one of these places or a national park and folks you talk to will say "hey have you been too" .... You can find some neat not so common sites to see. Hope you all enjoy it.

Patti,

As always, and I always say this to all our brothers and sisters here, You and Don are welcomed here at our place in Cleveland Texas. There is plenty of room on the property to park the 5th wheel and we can hook you up to power. You can explore this portion of the state and stay as long as you wish. Have fun and if you can't decide where to go, flip a coin, some of Lonna's and my best trips were decided by heads or tails.

We two too are REALLY getting anxious for those trip reports with pictures to start rolling in Patti!! I wish you nothing but the best of the best of adventure and fun in this next step of life B2 Mom and Dad!!

If you folks ever get bored with, as suggested by Squidley = flipping the coin out there and just want to cool off your toes in Lake Michigan you can always come up here and do so.. I do strongly suggest you do it during Arizona's hot season though so B2Dads toes dont freeze and fall off:big-grin-emoticon:!!!

Congratulations on your retirement and starting to follow thru on a well planned dream trip with no destinations and time lines. When you get to the Buffalo New York area and Niagara Falls, if you want to slip into Canada we are just 30 minutes away. Like Squidly we have a good size driveway for your 5th wheel. If the weather is cool, or not, the two of you are welcome to stay inside if you want to be under a permanent roof for a while. PM us and we will give you all our contact info.

Congratulations Patti. As Phil says everyone works so they can retire. I know this has been in the planning stages for a while, so happy you and Don got to make it a reality. You will have fabulous trips because they are yours. The door is always open to you at our house.

Patti, as apprensive as you may be, you are doing what many of us wish we would/could do. It is a MAJOR change and I applaud you and Don for having the courage to do it.

Linda and I talked about it breifly once or twice but it was my decision to NOT do it. I just couldn't bear to part with my wood working tools and the smell of saw dust. So in lieu of full time, we take a few weeks a year and pull our travel trailer and camp somewhere.

I really envy your decusion but have to admit that I'm WAY too whimpy to try it.

GOOD ON YOU BOTH !!

Thank you everyone! I appreciate the good wishes and Don says thanks too. I am writing down names so when the time comes we will let you know when we might be in your area! Sounds good to me!

We pick up our camper tomorrow and will spend at least 4 hours in orientation. Hope it still comes with books, a video or two might be nice too.

Thanks again folks. That's why we love this family. You all couldn't be nicer folks.

Patti and Don

midnightventure: We have lots of stuff. What kind of stuff are you looking for? I still have a King size bed, 4 poster; a queen bed, brass; a dresser / mirror and nightstand; computer desk that looks like a roll top desk; a Precious Moments figurine collection (still have over 100 pieces that have not been spoken for or sold); dishes, glasses, some pans; lots of pictures, mostly deer and or fish; Don has some stuff out in the shop we haven't gone thru yet; a shop fan; tool box for pick up truck; lots and lots of STUFF. Anything in particular you are looking for? Most of the furniture is already sold or spoken for. Let me know if anything interests anyone! LOL

Patti

Looking forward to you coming north,,,, winter is an awesome time here,,,, they even bring in special orders of that white stuff just to make everything look clean,,,,, February would be best,,, and oh,, it's not so hot here then either.

Let us know when you get close,, we'll gather!