IGNORED

They come in threes!!

Venturous

Steve "eagle eye" was released with nothing broken and we made it to Tennessee with no issues. Will let him post the whole ordeal., my phone died so I apologize for not updating sooner.

Edited by etcswjoe

This is not good,, too many bad reports,,, pretty soon folks will be telling us that riding a MC is dangerous.

Sorry for your injuries Eagleye, sounds like it's more the feelings rather than the physical.

I'm very happy that the riders were no any more injured than what they were. Shows to go you, that mishaps on MCs can happen without loss of life. That's a good stat and I think there is Someone we can thank for that.

Well even on 3 wheels one is not totally safe. Cages can and do still seem to tangle up with our bikes. As in my accident 3 years ago on my 05 RSV trike. And there'll always be the human error that'll cause an accident, be it out riding our skills or being inattentive to our surroundings.

But trikes will allow us a more forgiving nature overall.

Larry

Yep, it was me all right. I just got to my cousins place in NW Georgia today and on the computer for the first time in a week.

Me and Joe running those twisties for a couple of days and coming down the mountain Monday mid-day I smelled my brakes and in the next few curves, they were gone, and I drove off of the last one and picked a pretty good line through some yards, but one of the yards was a couple feet lower, and the next thing I knew I was laying of the ground and my lower back hurting. Took a trip to the local hospital to get checked out and nothing broken, a good shot of pain killer and we went back and got my bike that Joe had gotten checked out and ready. Drove that last 100 miles but bruised up good and will be a while before that pain goes away. Pain pills and a hot shower and I'm ready to ride all day.

The bike has all crash bars bent, couple of dents in the tank, left mirror broken off, hitch bent and tore the mudflap and other minor stuff. I'll take some time here and do some adjusting of what I can. You really miss a left mirror when it is gone. Picked one up and a MC repair shop off of an old bike for $5 this morning.

Amazingly, the trailer was still attached with the chains and upright with NO damage.

So, all in all, me and the bike faired not too bad.

WOW!! Sooooo thankful your ok Steve - sounds like quite a tumble!!! Prayers Up and Blessing Down on the sore back brother and THANK YOU for the update!:thumbsup: Ride safe and keep us in the loop on your progress - pretty please~

Glad to hear your ok Steve it was nice to meet you at Md, hopefully you recover quickly and can get the bike fixed up too. Stay away from Joe he is nuthin but trouble on those back roads ;-)

Take care, Craig

Craig,

It was nice to meet you too. I'm hurting a little less each day. Think Saturday I'll start heading towards home.

Joe owns those roads! And to have him and Bobby by my side when I needed them was something I'll always be grateful for and a memory that will last a lifetime.

On Monday morning after the first two hours, I pulled up next to him and said: Joe, my GPS says we only rode 20 miles towards our destination. He smiled :)

Did I mention twisties?

I'm home and the pain is getting better by the day. All is good.

were you westbound on the belt line through Madison around 2:30 this afternoon? I was eastbound and saw a red RSTD with a trailer heading west

Glad you made it home safely Steve. Sounds like your gonna be ok? :thumbsup::clap2::dancefool:

If you need any help looking for parts to bring that gorgeous scoot back to its perfect condition let me know and I will do what I can!!

Hey, those eggs were DELICIOUS!! Hows those egg layers survive having you gone - hoping all is well over there in the Cheese (and outstanding eggs) state brother!!

Tip says hi and that too was worried about you!! :thumbsup2: