IGNORED

Darn Darn Darn

Wizard765

So the brother in law is visiting from Australia. I borrowed a friends RSV and loaned my Brother in Law MY RSVMM and off we go. He is a rider and we took it easy. Was a VERY nice day and was a GREAT ride for awhile. After going through an S bend I looked in my mirror and he wasn't there any more.. Not even fast through the S bend.. Anyhow turned around and headed back to find him and my Bike in a corn field on it's left side. He is walking around trying to figure out what to do.

Good news is he is fine. Bruise on his should and gonna be sore tomorrow but we believe he will be OK.

Bad news is the bike is damaged.

Broken Windshield

Cracks in the center of the fairing (cannot figure that one out)

left lower fairing is busted.

brackets holding that fairing on are bent pretty good.

scratches on the tank, fairing, trunk and trunk arm rest.

Carbon One bracket for the engine guard is broken

Trunk seems to be just a little off center now

So looking for a Windshield (Don loaned me his OEM until I replace mine.) Had a Clearview XLarge with vent. Is the F4 better? Does anyone have a something good that they have replaced?

Looking for lower left fairing.. Anyone?

Larry? I need a new left bracket for the engine guard

Guess I also need to do some plastic repair and paint..

All the chrome so far looks OK.. dirt does less damage than pavement..

That's a bummer, but good thing is brother in law is ok and that it was a corn field vs trees or worse.

As for lower left cowling, you can get it from boats.net for a little over $200, but it doesn't seem to be available in the color for the MM, you would have to get it for another model and repaint.

Insurance is gonna cover repair costs, right?

Wayne, not good news about the scoot, glad it sounds like your brother in law is ok except for a few aches. I am sure with the folks on here everything will come together for you. If you need an extra set of hands putting it all back just call.

Mike

Maybe you should bring MM back to it's winter hibernation,,, at least there will be somebody there that can play with it so it don't feel soo lonely. Maybe you should invest in a Tri-Pod for your friends and family.

Glad to hear things are OK on the whole,,, could have been lots worse in both departments.

I can make some time!

Got a trailer that will house it just fine if you need.

Carl: Thanks for the offer and I MIGHT take you up on that depending on what I find today.. It's up on the Carbon One stand right now and I'm taking it apart to find the extent of the damage.. Got some brackets to get straight if possible.. etc.. Working on it this morning..

so the extent of the damage is getting larger as I delve into this. Now I'm in need of the left side engine crash bar as well as the left side driver floor board support bracket (cast piece that attaches to the frame and holds the floor board)

Sorry to hear about the scoot and glad the brother in law is ok. I have two stock shields here one is cut down a few inches and the other is factory hight. You can have either one . I think I have a few of the brackets from the left side that go under the fairing. Let me know if you need any of them.

I also have a stock windshield off of my 06 RSV. It's in decent shape, but I noticed some minor spotting on it, only barely visible in bright sunlight....wasn't a problem, but I wanted a F4. You're welcome to it if you want it. Just pay shipping.:banana:

Sorry to hear about this, Wayne. No...never mind the brother in law...............THE BIKE! My ......i mean.....the pretty bike! Hope you can make it pretty again, like it was.

This IS sad to hear, but these things happen, man. These bikes are monsters and i would be very wary to lend it to any one, who has never rode one before. Hope and wish you find all the parts you need....and believe me, i know how you must be feeling about it all.

Ok Update:

The bike is back together enough to ride.. From a distance it looks fine. Up close you can pick out the damage. ordered a new crash bar and air box bracket. Ordering an F4 Windshield. (Don loaned me an OEM shield till my new one comes in - Thanks Don. Gonna have to get some stuff painted over the winter.. Still looking for the left lower fairing (Any Color)

Wayne, I'm sorry to hear about your bike. That is some fast work you did to get it back in riding shape. I hope the winter painting goes well and no more things crop up that you notice while riding it.

I saw some lower fairing recently on Ebay. Search for "Royal Star Venture"... Good luck.

Thanks Tisunac but the only one I can find on there right now is for a right side for $240 and I need a left side. There is another one with both sides for $250 with a broken tab.. But I need the left side only and can get brand new for $250 from Yamaha.. Not in a big hurry as I can ride so gonna try and wait for something to come up..

Holy Cow!! A left side lower Cowling just came up on eBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/XVZ1300-Royal-Star-Venture-1999-Verkleidung-Abdeckung-fairing-cowling-cover-Neu-/360476455469?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_77&hash=item53ee12322d&vxp=mtr

From Germany and from a 99.. Must be made of Gold or some rare material..

New from Mama Yama they run around $250 U.S.