IGNORED

If it turns out to be true..........would ya???

BigLenny

Ya know, I got to thinkin. What if, and we all know it is a BIG IF, it really is true that Yammy is coming out with a new Venture in October? What if the spy photos, and all the corresponding talk turns out to be true, and they introduce a brand new Venture, whether it be a water cooled V4 or a water cooled Vtwin (hard to think they would go air cooled). How many on our great forum here would immediately go out and buy one? It seems are large portion of us talk and hope and discuss about Yamaha needing to come out with an updated Venture. However, I wonder how many of us are really ready to put our money where our mouths are and reward yamaha by going out and buying one?

Just wondering.

Its to hard to say right now until it comes out.

V-twin, and/or air cooled, and/or anything other than shaft drive are a flat NO, I won't even bother to go to a dealer to check it out.

Anything else I will take a serious look at.

I can only say this for sure. If it's an air cooled Twin, I already have one. I see no reason to trade for another. I really do love the Road Glide.

If it's a version of the new VMax engine.....then there is at least some possibility I could end up on a new Venture. :)

Yep,, nope, yep, nope, yep,nope,, oh heck yes,,,,, what am I sayin - I already got the best dog gone touring bike known to man, oh heck no!! Lenny, I just read your post to Tweeks,, she chuckled as if to say "no need to worry about a new steed being around here for a very long time"...

If it followed somewhat along the lines of my "wish list" on Freebirds awesome 3rd Gen page, at a minimum they used the new shaft drive 1700 V-Max Motor (I think someone mentioned an even newer 1900cc V-4? I would settle for that too) than yea - I would really seriously take a look at it.. The days of spinning wrenches keeping these old bikes going are quickly coming to an end - spirit is willing but my hands are really getting bad..

I will say this though, if they come out with a V-Twin and force my hand, I have been eyeing a Harley Heritage Springer for a longggg time.. I LOVE the old Harley look, really miss Olivia and have always been a Springer kind of guy.. I couldnt justify laying out a large junk of cash for a V-Twin without getting exactly what I want in cosmetic looks and nostalgia when it comes to V-Twin time..

Ya know what,, after reading about Great White's recent find I feel almost euphorically inclined to begin the process of finding that unfound NOS MK1 1st Gen Venture that is still sitting in a warehouse somewhere just waiting to be take Tip and I CTFWing..

Thanks for brain strain Lenny!! :thumbsup::big-grin-emoticon::witch_brew::stickpoke::crackup:

I would wait for the first years bugs to get resolved then if it is water cooled and as reliable as our Gen-1's and 2's then...Yes, I would get myself a new Venture.

If it is a roundabout knockoff of another model without shaft drive or water cooling or the things we all love about the Ventures...NO

Would have to be a "Venture"

A 1700cc VMax engine in a 03 Harley Ultra frame which was a Willie G and Eric Bruell design. Best of both worlds performance and handling my dream machine. Well off to bed still got too hash out the final drive shaft or belt.

Seriously... I came close to signing paper on a new Goldwing a couple weeks ago. Although my 2002 only has 120,000 miles on it... I hope to have another 10 to 15 years of riding ahead of me. I doubt my '02 will hold up that long without serious issues. So, now might be a good time to start looking at my next ride.

One thing that has me holding off on the Goldwing is I would hate to settle for that IF Yamaha does make a VMax inspired 3rd Gen. That and the fact I like my current monthly payment!

If they come out with a air cooled engine... no way. If water cooled twin... maybe. If 1700 Vmax engine... I'm in as long as it has ABS.

I usually let the first owner take the hit and I buy a year and a half old bike. Did that on my last few bikes.

So, if they come out with a V4, that is probably what I'd do.

But, I think they are going to go V-twin. I had a Strat, not for me. Liked my Road Star but would not go back.

I rode a Indian Roadmaster last week. Liked the bike but not the V-twin. Hated the gears. I'm spoiled for the RSTD and RSV gears.

So, was looking at other bikes on a road trip this week, I would go with a Goldwing or Goldwing trike (I'm getting older). I'm not going back to a V-twin.

Thanks everybody. This is good stuff. However, I hope Yamaha isn't taking a close look at this thread. It certainly appears with all the discussion in the past about Yamaha needing to bring out a new Venture, this thread seems to be making a case that there aren't really that many folks who would run out and buy one if they did bring it out.

Anyway. Keep up the discussion.

I'm still not interested in a Harley Clone, I got a Road Star, V-twin, air cooled with a belt drive. It's not the droid I'm looking for; It's for sale if you want it. It makes my face itch. It doesn't corner worth a damn; YEAH I know, it's not supposed to. So far as I am concerned if the new bike was a re-issue of the 1200s or the 1300 CC bikes (with some minor changes) I would be pleased. The changes I would like to see are a better grade plastic for the fairings, side panels, saddle bags and travel trunk. I would also make the saddle bags bigger. I would scrap the cassette player and put a media receiver in there, add a GPS. The CB could be optional. Intercom isn't nessesary with today's blue tooth helmets. I would like to see an increase in the frame's strength, leave the seat alone and lower the bike. I'd like a V-max V-4, fuel injected, water cooled engine in 1600 CC to 1800 CC. I'd like to to see a popular tire size used as well.

I would be VERY interested ina bike on those lines. I would take a smaller V-Max engine but no less than 1300 CC, I want 6 speeds regardless. Anti lock brakes? I donno, Air bags? I donno. A tall windshield, yes. Factory foot pegs? Hell yes!

Edited by dna9656

Spoke with my dealer today. Nothing's confirmed yet. He expects there will be a release this year. He thinks it'll be a bagged up air cooled 1900 twin based on the strat.

If that's what they come up with I'll keep my BIG V.