IGNORED

Freebird's Maintenance Day

Freebird

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bring a tent, you know the rumballs will be near my tent.

Got it covered. Now lets see.....Rain dance...Sun Dance..... which was which...??:think::think:

If you bring a tent it does help some if you bring the Tent poles but not necessary.:Avatars_Gee_George:

You beat me to it Dan. :doh:

Randy

He may have beat you to it but lets face it at least this way the info is coming directly from the expert himself. :rotfl:

Nothing at all!! Bunch of old farts making up a bunch of Lies!!! Its all LIES I TELL YA!! :Avatars_Gee_George:Nothing like that happened!!!:innocent-emoticon:

RW,, if your reading this,, consider the above as just a hint of what I believe we will see unfold.......

Booked today at Quality Inn. $85.49 + taxes (12.75%) with senior AARP discount.

Larry

So,, Larry and Joyce step out of that awesome new twisty carving, road huggin SlingShot, Larry pulls off his shades - removes the NASCAR helmet from his head - sets his coffee down in the cup holder located under the shifter that connects to the tranny that delivers 175 raw horse power to the rear wheel of that gorgeous new ride.. He smiles at Joyce, his pretty young wife and says,, "hopefully the Motel Management didn't notice what we just rode in on, they probably won't accept this fake AARP card if they did".

:crackup::rotfl::stickpoke::stirthepot::happy34:

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon_One View Post

Larry

So,, Larry and Joyce step out of that awesome new twisty carving, road huggin SlingShot, Larry pulls off his shades - removes the NASCAR helmet from his head - sets his coffee down in the cup holder located under the shifter that connects to the tranny that delivers 175 raw horse power to the rear wheel of that gorgeous new ride.. He smiles at Joyce, his pretty young wife and says,, "hopefully the Motel Management didn't notice what we just rode in on, they probably won't accept this fake AARP card if they did".

Scott you're killing me here.:rotf::rotfl::rotfl::rotf::rotf::rotfl::rotfl:

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon_One View Post

Larry

Scott you're killing me here.:rotf::rotfl::rotfl::rotf::rotf::rotfl::rotfl:

Just reserved my room at $72/night with prepaid non refundable Choice rewards pricing...

Having read about Larry and Joyce's plan to invade the Maintenance Day at Freebird's home in Oberlin and, now knowing where they would be staying, Bongo Bob begins his descent into the parking lot where the unsuspecting couple had parked their new SlingShot.. After tucking his angel wings under his flying jacket, Bongo strolls over and addresses Joyce who is still sitting in the seat of the gorgeous red Bat Mobile.. He strikes up an innocent conversation with Joyce and than points at the motel window and asked if that is Larry motioning for her to come inside for a second..

As Joyce departs the SlingShot, Bongo's heart responds to the adrenaline that strikes it as he notices the keys hanging in the ignition switch, the glare shining from the new keys as they swing freely in the warm breeze catches his eye like a shiny new nickle would catch the eye of a very wise, but very curious old Crow..

Bongo smiles at the responsiveness of both the engine and handling of Larry and Joyce's new SS. As he rounds a corner that points the Hot Rod in the general direction of where the Maintenance Day is suppose to be found, Bob notices YammerDan walking down the side of the road with some tent poles in his hand.. Being the angel that Bongo is, he slides the Shot up to where Dan is standing and askes if Yammer would like a ride in Larry's new torpedo.. Dan smiles and says sure, why not.. Dan lays the tent poles across his lap when he sits down and Bongo asked why Dan is out walking around with tent poles in his hand.. :think:

So what is the rest of the story?

Ooppssss, sorry Skidder,, nodded out at the keyboard for while there:draming:

Where were we,, oh yea..

YammerDan looks at his friend Bongo and explains to him that when he was on his way to the Maintenance Day thingy at Freebirds that he was riding along on his Silver 2nd Gen RSV, minding his own business when all of a sudden he felt the ground tremble around him.. Dan had served in the Military when he was young and the tremble that he had felt brought back memories of those years.. Back then, the F4 Phantom was the aircraft of the day and it was a common site to see and feel them fly over the military bases, Yammer explained to Bongo that his first thought was that someone had flown an F4 to Don's for Maintenance.

Bongo had a look of disbelief on his face because he knew that Dan had a history of displaying, at times, a certain element of forgetfulness and that quite possibly Dan had just forgotten to bring the remaining portion of his tent (notice how I fit that in there CaptN'? - THANKS for the inspiration) to the event.. The look on Bongo's face didn't slow YammerDan down one little bit as he continued to tell his story..

Dan told Bongo that he had raised his head up so he could see the sky but noticed nothing that even looked remotely like an F4.. He did notice a Purple speck in the rear view mirror on the Silver Maiden that he had never seen before. Dan tried to wipe it off but it only got bigger.. The tremble got louder and all of a sudden, a Purple colored F4 swooshed by.. Bongo's look of distained unbelief increased as he sneered at Dan thru his now squinting eyes. Yammer continued, what he thought was an F-4 was actually another VR member named Adventurer 08 riding his 2008 RSV and also headed to the Maintenance Day at Freebirds.. Yammer told Bongo that getting blown off the road by another RSV really bothered him, he was use to having the notorious 1st Gens do this to him but not another 2nd Gen.. He noticed that Adventurer 08 had waved at him in a spirited "see ya at the meet" fashion and this had bothered Yammer.. Dan told Bob that in a futile attempt to gain some ground on Adventure 08, he had reached back an released his camping gear from its mount on the top of his scoot. He felt Silver gain a couple miles an hour by doing so and thought maybe he could now catch up with the wily Adventure O8..:draming:

So what is the rest of the story?

Ooppssss, sorry Skidder,, nodded out at the keyboard for while there:draming:

Where were we,, oh yea..

YammerDan looks at his friend Bongo and explains to him that when he was on his way to the Maintenance Day thingy at Freebirds that he was riding along on his Silver 2nd Gen RSV, minding his own business when all of a sudden he felt the ground tremble around him.. Dan had served in the Military when he was young and the tremble that he had felt brought back memories of those years.. Back then, the F4 Phantom was the aircraft of the day and it was a common site to see and feel them fly over the military bases, Yammer explained to Bongo that his first thought was that someone had flown an F4 to Don's for Maintenance.

Bongo had a look of disbelief on his face because he knew that Dan had a history of displaying, at times, a certain element of forgetfulness and that quite possibly Dan had just forgotten to bring the remaining portion of his tent (notice how I fit that in there CaptN'? - THANKS for the inspiration) to the event.. The look on Bongo's face didn't slow YammerDan down one little bit as he continued to tell his story..

Dan told Bongo that he had raised his head up so he could see the sky but noticed nothing that even looked remotely like an F4.. He did notice a Purple speck in the rear view mirror on the Silver Maiden that he had never seen before. Dan tried to wipe it off but it only got bigger.. The tremble got louder and all of a sudden, a Purple colored F4 swooshed by.. Bongo's look of distained unbelief increased as he sneered at Dan thru his now squinting eyes. Yammer continued, what he thought was an F-4 was actually another VR member named Adventurer 08 riding his 2008 RSV and also headed to the Maintenance Day at Freebirds.. Yammer told Bongo that getting blown off the road by another RSV really bothered him, he was use to having the notorious 1st Gens do this to him but not another 2nd Gen.. He noticed that Adventurer 08 had waved at him in a spirited "see ya at the meet" fashion and this had bothered Yammer.. Dan told Bob that in a futile attempt to gain some ground on Adventure 08, he had reached back an released his camping gear from its mount on the top of his scoot. He felt Silver gain a couple miles an hour by doing so and thought maybe he could now catch up with the wily Adventure O8..:draming:

Oh Maannn :doh: you had to go and egg Old puc on now didn't ya.....Now there will be no stopping him. :backinmyday::backinmyday::backinmyday:

Oh Maannn :doh: you had to go and egg Old puc on now didn't ya.....Now there will be no stopping him. :backinmyday::backinmyday::backinmyday:

I wouldn't say that Bum, if people keep signing up to go to Don's MD and than come on here and announce they are coming, that would keep this thread at the top of the list and I would have no reason to bore everyone with this fictionary non-sense.. But, if this thing starts slipping down hill than yes,, my fingers might feel egged on and,, stopping em can be very difficult!! :big-grin-emoticon:

Glad it's happening, I was finally going to make it last year but the best laid plans...

I thought it was going to be the first weekend of June this year, but end of May might work out better. I marked it as a "Maybe" but hoping to change it soon to "Yes".

Can't wait to hear "The Rest of the Story" by Puc Harvey...

-Andrew

But, if this thing starts slipping down hill than yes,, my fingers might feel egged on and,, stopping em can be very difficult!! :big-grin-emoticon:
I am suprised with all the typing you do you have any fingers left ....But I admit I do enjoy reading them....OOOOPS :doh: Did I say that out loud :bang head: