Freebird's Maintenance Day

Freebird

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooppssss, sorry Skidder,, nodded out at the keyboard for while there:draming:

Where were we,, oh yea..

YammerDan looks at his friend Bongo and explains to him that when he was on his way to the Maintenance Day thingy at Freebirds that he was riding along on his Silver 2nd Gen RSV, minding his own business when all of a sudden he felt the ground tremble around him.. Dan had served in the Military when he was young and the tremble that he had felt brought back memories of those years.. Back then, the F4 Phantom was the aircraft of the day and it was a common site to see and feel them fly over the military bases, Yammer explained to Bongo that his first thought was that someone had flown an F4 to Don's for Maintenance.

Bongo had a look of disbelief on his face because he knew that Dan had a history of displaying, at times, a certain element of forgetfulness and that quite possibly Dan had just forgotten to bring the remaining portion of his tent (notice how I fit that in there CaptN'? - THANKS for the inspiration) to the event.. The look on Bongo's face didn't slow YammerDan down one little bit as he continued to tell his story..

Dan told Bongo that he had raised his head up so he could see the sky but noticed nothing that even looked remotely like an F4.. He did notice a Purple speck in the rear view mirror on the Silver Maiden that he had never seen before. Dan tried to wipe it off but it only got bigger.. The tremble got louder and all of a sudden, a Purple colored F4 swooshed by.. Bongo's look of distained unbelief increased as he sneered at Dan thru his now squinting eyes. Yammer continued, what he thought was an F-4 was actually another VR member named Adventurer 08 riding his 2008 RSV and also headed to the Maintenance Day at Freebirds.. Yammer told Bongo that getting blown off the road by another RSV really bothered him, he was use to having the notorious 1st Gens do this to him but not another 2nd Gen.. He noticed that Adventurer 08 had waved at him in a spirited "see ya at the meet" fashion and this had bothered Yammer.. Dan told Bob that in a futile attempt to gain some ground on Adventure 08, he had reached back an released his camping gear from its mount on the top of his scoot. He felt Silver gain a couple miles an hour by doing so and thought maybe he could now catch up with the wily Adventure O8..:draming:

I wouldn't say that Bum, if people keep signing up to go to Don's MD and than come on here and announce they are coming, that would keep this thread at the top of the list and I would have no reason to bore everyone with this fictionary non-sense.. But, if this thing starts slipping down hill than yes,, my fingers might feel egged on and,, stopping em can be very difficult!! :big-grin-emoticon:

:confused24:

@bongobobny chuckled, looked at @Yammer Dan and said, I still don't understand what you chasing after @adventurer 08 has to do with you walking down the side of the road carrying your tent poles. Dan continued,, he told Bongo that just after he had released his camping gear, two other riders caught up with him. @angryjoe and @BIG TOM were their names. Tom was shaking his head and Joe was obviously angry about something. Dan told Bob that apparently, his tent had gotten out of its carrying case after Dan had released it from the back of Silver and the tent had gotten wrapped around the rear tire of Joes motorcycle. Joe and Tom had missed an ice cream gathering at a local ice cream store because they had to untangle Dans Tent. It wasnt that big of deal to Tom because he always carries extra ice cream in his pocket but Joe, not so much.

Edited by cowpuc

What does all this BS have to do with signing up for anybody going to Dons MD?

My apologies Adven, it was all just a cabin fevered feeble attempt on my behalf at keeping this thread alive.. Figured if we kept this thing somewhere near the top of the list that it may entice more folks to join us at Dons MD and, in the end, get to meet more new people and all that..

In the process, I figured I would, one by one, work down the list of folks who had already signed up and have them involved in this nonsense but,, I can see where that probably is not a good idea.. Hopefully my oopppsss didn't give some innocent bystanders out there the wrong impression!!

**PLEASE NOTE** - If your reading this and even half way considering not coming to Don's MD because I made us sound like a bunch of crazy people,, PLEASE show up!! I guarantee you that the rest of these folks are sane (within a tolerance of + or - 3 other people who I too question their sanity). You show up and I will go back to using the sensible way of keeping this thing alive!!

BUMP!

Just called the Oberlin Inn......shortage of rooms...179.95 a night......NO WAY............gonna tent it .....

:clap2::dancefool::big-grin-emoticon:

When my kids were real little, l used to take all the kitchen chairs and drape sheets over them to make a house for em. We would play for HOURS in their "house", what a blast! Of course, poor Tip was always running out of bedding for night time:missingtooth: but,, it was a lot of fun!!

We should get a couple great big tarps, line our bikes up and make a BIG tent area with the tarp secured to our bikes, all camp out under the tarp :big-grin-emoticon: Stay up all night, eating ice cream and just generally driving Don crazy!

When my kids were real little, l used to take all the kitchen chairs and drape sheets over them to make a house for em. We would play for HOURS in their "house", what a blast! Of course, poor Tip was always running out of bedding for night time:missingtooth: but,, it was a lot of fun!!

We should get a couple great big tarps, line our bikes up and make a BIG tent area with the tarp secured to our bikes, all camp out under the tarp :big-grin-emoticon: Stay up all night, eating ice cream and just generally driving Don crazy!

Making a tent by hanging it on the bikes??? I wonder why no one thought of that before???:think::innocent-emoticon:

Making a tent by hanging it on the bikes??? I wonder why no one thought of that before???:think::innocent-emoticon:

Yea,, knowing you ya probably got a couple ol bikes permanently stranded down there with your tent stretched between em just in case ya happen to need a place to hide from da Warden!!!!

When my kids were real little, l used to take all the kitchen chairs and drape sheets over them to make a house for em. We would play for HOURS in their "house",

There you go Yammer....Should you forget your poles again this year you can always slip up the road to Wally World and pick up a couple of cheap Kitchen chairs. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

There you go Yammer....Should you forget your poles again this year you can always slip up the road to Wally World and pick up a couple of cheap Kitchen chairs. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Oh great Bum,, now ya got him so twisted up, he will probably show up with 4 kitchen chairs hanging off Silver and a note from the Warden to Eileen tacked on his jacket that reads "Dan said he needed to bring these to the event to sleep under? Remembering how he forgot his tent poles in the past - could you please send them home with him as our kitchen looks kind of empty without them"

Hey Dan didnt you spend a night on a picnic table at Vogel one

Nope. Spent the night curled up next to "Blue Beast" when I gave up trying to patch that exhaust chamber. Hung tent over handle Bars at Maint Day when I forgot poles. Kind of like chasing the front wheel you just do with what ever comes up.

Just about a week ago me and Greta got an email from IcelandAir with a very attractive offer for a Iceland/JFK round trip. Well I looked at my wife and said. Wow,,if we

don´t take this deal we are gonna loose a lot of money !!!!!!!!!!

Short version - We bought the tickets and we are coming for Maintenance Day. I was there on my first USA motorcycle trip in 2009, but have not been able to attend again. This will be Greta´s first Freebirds Maintenance Day even though we did stop by Don´s and Eileen´s place in 2011. Man, we are counting the days !!!!

Looking forward to meet you all. And rest assure - The traditional Black Death will be in the luggage as before.

Be safe.

Jonas and Greta

Copenhagen Des 2014.jpg

Just about a week ago me and Greta got an email from IcelandAir with a very attractive offer for a Iceland/JFK round trip. Well I looked at my wife and said. Wow,,if we

don´t take this deal we are gonna loose a lot of money !!!!!!!!!!

Short version - We bought the tickets and we are coming for Maintenance Day. I was there on my first USA motorcycle trip in 2009, but have not been able to attend again. This will be Greta´s first Freebirds Maintenance Day even though we did stop by Don´s and Eileen´s place in 2011. Man, we are counting the days !!!!

Looking forward to meet you all. And rest assure - The traditional Black Death will be in the luggage as before.

Be safe.

Jonas and Greta

AWESOME JONAS!! As with many many others, Tweeks and I can not WAIT to meet our Icelandic friends and VR family IN PERSON:happy34:!! If at all possible, Tippy would like to be there and have the chance to meet you and your lovely wife too but its gonna be pretty crazy around here as our youngest is getting hitched, her and the girls got all this giddy girl stuff going on so we will have to see. All three of us are still miffed that we didn't get to make that crazy New York party last year and missed out in meeting you guys (and MANY easterners too) - I AM GONNA MAKE THIS MD!!

P.S. - if there is such a thing as Icelandic Indians - please ask them to start doing their Sundance:dancefool::Laugh: for this one so it is warm at Don's!!

P.S.-P.S., Tweeks asked me if you would mind making sure that the bottle of Black Death that you are hand carrying from far off shores, has a good label on it so we can remove it from the bottle and glue it to her side covers? Talk about a bike with a weird sense of whats cool..:confused24:

Your friend

Puc

Hi there Puc.

Looking so much forward to meet with you and hopefully your Tippy. Tweeks will get the labels for her side covers but - they are not gonna last since they are just paper labels - so I have another suggestion. My motorcycle workshop neighbour (how the heck do you spell this word neighbhour naybour -Neibhour I give up !!) runs a advertisement sign company (whatever you call it - he makes all kinds of films and stuff to put on cars and signs for advertising). He is making some stripes and decals for the bike I am rebuilding for my friend Kristjan and I will ask him to make some Black Death labels out of weather proof material with a gloss cover film that Tweeks can carry with pride for at least guaranteed seven years. I can either ship it to you or I can bring it to M.D. Day. I think shipping to you would be a better option so you and Tweeks can get used to the taste of the Black Death. You can ask Don, Eileen, Big Tom, Saddlebum (Ben) and a bunch of other members of VR.org and they will confirm that the taste is memorable in one way or the other : >)

Send me a PM with your shipping address and I will make it happen. Would also be good to know the max width x height for the decal / side cover so it will fit accordingly.

Be safe my friend,

Jonas

Brennivin.png

Edited by StarFan

Jonas,

I was just downstairs talking to Tweeks while doing a little measuring. She is kind of upset with me with what I am about to explain but, she has learned thru the years about the code of conduct that I strickly enforce with her and this sticker business.. She only gets to wear stickers that she has earned and, therefore, I prefer to wait till we meet at Don's (PLEASE DON'T TAKE THIS AS ME NOT BEING APPRECIATIVE OF THE OFFER OF MAILING THEM THOUGH!!) - I have to maintain some kind of control over her addictive sticker behavior.

On the right side of her windshield is a really neat 1 3/4 inch wide x 3 inch tall Flag sticker from Australia that Aussie Annie and Quickstep gave to her at Vogel one year after her tired old motor made it safely down there (she treasures it), there is an open spot near their Flag for another sticker of the same size. Also, she has an open area of 2 3/4 inches tall x 5 inches wide on her fairing, this is right below her Bonneville Salt Flats sticker that Kick Shot sent to her because the three of us couldn't find one while out there - talk about spoiled!

I had to quit drinking years ago when Mr. Vodka and I got into big trouble so I wont be able to actually experience the wonderment of Black Death, about the closest thing that I partake of now is Mountain Dew pop and even with that stuff - I gotta be really careful because the caffeine makes my heart go nuts :doh:. I do still have a tendency to dance on tables and howl at the moon with people who are having near "death" experiences though so a copy of the Black Death label will certainly not got undeserved on my part!:big-grin-emoticon:

Is it the end of May yet? CAN NOT WAIT!! :thumbsup:

Puc