IGNORED

Freebird's Maintenance Day

Freebird

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any of you Michigan guys know of a campgound near Ludington? I'll be taking the ferry over on Thursday. It lands in Ludington at 7:00pm, so hope to camp somewhere near there for the night.

Sure nuff, been up that way many times Eagle. What ya looking for? Ludington State Park is right there. South of Ludington is an AWESOME area called Silver Lake,, has a GREAT State Park with sand dunes that ALWAYS have some interesting stuff happening (dune buggies and all that). South of that farther is Muskegon State Park - BEAUTIFUL place too cause if you make it that far down you may as well camp at my place cause its FREE! Got a hot shower, a grill that cooks some mighty fine burgers AND, if your looking for a riding partner to follow you to Ohio - ya may very well find that too!! :thumbsup:

We are a meesly 1 hour ride from Ludington if you take the ick-spress way!!

Anybody else grabbing either of the ferries across from Wisconsin to Michigan? The Ferry out of Milwaukee empties out right in our back yard in Muskegon!! I am hoping to leave here on Friday morning to head to Dons, I have plenty of room for campers! Be fun to have a rally point here and head out together. I know some really nice little back roads we can take on our way across out of my area. We could also stop by the Detroit area on mid day Friday if any of the east side folks wanted to hook up for the ride over?

Glad you asked this Eagle!! :thumbsup:

Its looking more and more like I will be caging it to Dons. Whether I cage or bike I usually leave Milwaukee around 3:am Friday morning so that I can be past Chicago and Illinois before those crazies wake up.

Bad news fool, they don't sleep down there.

Congratulations ! YOU are finishing high school ??

:rotfl::rotfl::happy65::happy65::stirthepot::backinmyday::crackup:

Skid tinks he might bee graderating afir YamaaDann:crackup::178:

Edited by cowpuc
I just had to put in couple more of those laughing thingys, I know Skid will appreciate it!!

Sure nuff, been up that way many times Eagle. What ya looking for? Ludington State Park is right there. South of Ludington is an AWESOME area called Silver Lake,, has a GREAT State Park with sand dunes that ALWAYS have some interesting stuff happening (dune buggies and all that). South of that farther is Muskegon State Park - BEAUTIFUL place too cause if you make it that far down you may as well camp at my place cause its FREE! Got a hot shower, a grill that cooks some mighty fine burgers AND, if your looking for a riding partner to follow you to Ohio - ya may very well find that too!! :thumbsup:

We are a meesly 1 hour ride from Ludington if you take the ick-spress way!!

Anybody else grabbing either of the ferries across from Wisconsin to Michigan? The Ferry out of Milwaukee empties out right in our back yard in Muskegon!! I am hoping to leave here on Friday morning to head to Dons, I have plenty of room for campers! Be fun to have a rally point here and head out together. I know some really nice little back roads we can take on our way across out of my area. We could also stop by the Detroit area on mid day Friday if any of the east side folks wanted to hook up for the ride over?

Glad you asked this Eagle!! :thumbsup:

Puc,

From my house to Don's is approx 500 miles with 99% being four lane roads and some of them right through HELL itself. Yeah, Chcago, I'm talking about you.

There are several reason for taking this ferry, one is to avoid entire Chicago area! nuff said about that. Also to take a coal fired, steam powered ship across Lake Michigan.

I also plan on taking two lane roads in MI., Going east out of Ludington, it seems that there are lots of roads heading south that are two lane.

Thanks for the offer and I'll keep your place in mind. Lots of time to change my mind between now and then. An hour of interstate probably won't kill me. :)

Puc,

From my house to Don's is approx 500 miles with 99% being four lane roads and some of them right through HELL itself. Yeah, Chcago, I'm talking about you.

There are several reason for taking this ferry, one is to avoid entire Chicago area! nuff said about that. Also to take a coal fired, steam powered ship across Lake Michigan.

I also plan on taking two lane roads in MI., Going east out of Ludington, it seems that there are lots of roads heading south that are two lane.

Thanks for the offer and I'll keep your place in mind. Lots of time to change my mind between now and then. An hour of interstate probably won't kill me. :)

Roger dodger on that avoiding the Windy City and the 4 lane ick-spressways as much as possible good buddy!! If you had time and wanted some gorgeous riding, the 2 lane along the Lake Michigan Shoreline from Ludington down to our home is some really nice biking!! It would take a little longer to get down here is all, maybe an extra 1/2 hour or 45 minutes - depending on how easily distracted you are Eagle. There is also the old highway (old US 31) that is 2 lane and a pretty nice ride too. It comes down from Ludington and goes thru the small towns of Hart, Shelby, New Era, Rothbury and basically ends in Montague which is about 20 minutes from our home.

There is a really good possibility that I could hook up with you and ride in with you too!! If you go to the members map and look at Muskegon Mi, you will see my balloon there, put the map on "satellite" and zoom in, the pointer on the balloon points right at my back yard, VERY easy to find!!

If you end up deciding to head straight east out of Ludington (very pretty ride!!) to go across Michigan, you are right - that is some neat 2 lane. That area is loaded with state/federal lands with plenty of free camping - I deer hunted lots of it and know of nice pull off camp spots. Be happy to direct you to some if needed. Any thing I can do to help just let me know. @eagleeye , are you tent camping or pulling a trailer or both?

I'll keep looking at the map and the roads there. Lotsa time for that now.

I'm camping by the pond and I will more than likely be pulling my small cyclemate trailer with all of my camping gear in it.

I'll keep in touch with you as to my plans from Ludington.

Ferry cost one way: 59 per person, 39 bike, 59 bike and trailer, 5?

057 (Custom).JPG

Edited by eagleeye
$ changed for trailer

I'll keep looking at the map and the roads there. Lotsa time for that now.

I'm camping by the pond and I will more than likely be pulling my small cyclemate trailer with all of my camping gear in it.

I'll keep in touch with you as to my plans from Ludington.

Ferry cost one way: 59 per person, 59 bike, 20 trailer, 5?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]97549[/ATTACH]

Now THAT is beautiful!!

Have never taken either of the Ferry crossings but from what I have heard, those prices are considerably cheaper than the big Catamoraan thing they run out of here..

Yup the ferry that runs out of Milwaukee would be

88 per person

44 per bike

25 per bike trailer

6 security check?

163 total one way

But Manitowoc is 100 miles north of me and Ludington is farther from Dons house than my house is.

Now if anyone want to meet up with me on the other side of HELL (chicago) early Friday morning .................

Or maybe I can meet up with Eagle and Puc and some of the other MI group somewhere around Toledo..........

Yup the ferry that runs out of Milwaukee would be

88 per person

44 per bike

25 per bike trailer

6 security check?

163 total one way

But Manitowoc is 100 miles north of me and Ludington is farther from Dons house than my house is.

Now if anyone want to meet up with me on the other side of HELL (chicago) early Friday morning .................

Or maybe I can meet up with Eagle and Puc and some of the other MI group somewhere around Toledo..........

Or,, you and anyone else who wants to could get on the Ferry in Waukee, unload your bikes in Muskegon, drive 10 minutes around Muskegon Lake to the North side, camp at my house for a night - WE COULD GO TERRORIZE MUSKEGON AFTER DARK - I HAVE AN AWESOME GAME I INVENTED THAT INVOLVES COASTING DOWN THE PARKING LOT AT THE HARLEY SHOP - YOU GUYS WOULD LOVE IT!!

Burn up a bunch of burgers, dogs what ever on the grill or over a big camp fire.. All get up on Friday and head for Ohio to totally terrorize and harass Don and all those east coast and southern varmints!! We could have our very own Motorcycle Gang!! Maybe even see if we could find some fake tattoos and EVERYTHING!! :thumbsup:

Meet up with any east siders that think they are man enough to join our Club.. We could maybe even get CarbonOne in his new SlingShot to lead us!! :bluesbrother:

US ON THE WAY TO DON'S MD = :bikersmilie::7_2_102[1]::7_2_104[1]::7_6_2[1]::7_6_3[1]::900[1]::7_2_102[1]::7_6_3[1]::7_6_2[1]:

DON AFTER HE FINDS OUT WE REALLY ARE GONNA DO IT!! = :mytruck1: (TELL THEM I WENT TO STURGIS EILEEN, ITS SAFER THERE)

Maybe even see if we could find some fake tattoos and EVERYTHING!!

Whadaya mean fake tatoos? come on buddy man up. :stickpoke:

Sissy or not, any needle poking that happens to ol Pucster is when there is a genuine MD on the sticking end and even then, only with a lot of talking me into it!:big-grin-emoticon:

• 1 month later...

Its getting closer.

This last weekend I finally started my winter maintenance and upgrades. OK so I got a late start.

There is still a good chance that I will be in the cage this year.

That just means that there is more room to pack my world famous RUM Balls.

Don't forget to sign up for FOOD!!!!!!!!!! at the Quaker Steak and Lube on Friday.

Ol @cowpuc must have fell asleep at the keyboard again.......:rasberry:

OK, I hate to be a dropout but if I an going to attend the Venture West Rally, then the International Rally, then head to Tennessee to meet up with friends start our yearly long ride I will not be able to attend Freebirds MD.

With that said I have a room with 2 beds reserved at the Comfort Suites and if anyone wants this room let me know and I will contact the hotel and let them know you can have it.

If no one responds prior to 3 weeks before the MD I will cancel my reservations.

Sorry I cannot make it since this sounded like a good time to get together and have fun while helping others, maybe next year.