IGNORED

What do you love most about riding?

Broncoboy36081

That has changed the last few years. Freedom was at top of the list. Wrenching and performance close behind. But OK I will admit it!! I got friends!! A new thing for me. Wrenching has slowed down due to legs but I'm hoping to get back to being able to put parts togather for a few yrs. I got plans. A lot I've picked up here and a few of my own.....There is so much knowledge here and I have a few 1st Gen parts.

The topic is "what do you love most about riding"

Wrenching is not riding :rasberry: :stickpoke:

Two things I love most are

a) the feeling of "escaping" from the daily routine.

b) the adrenalin rush when I crack the throttle and wind it out to the max.

c) the people I meet along the way that only riding a motorcycle brings.

oh, that was three, wasn't it :whistling:

I enjoy the feeling of being "in the movie", rather than watching it. That means all my senses are occupied and my brain feels very much attuned and awake to my surroundings........more so than too much coffee. BTW, I wear a 1/2 helmet on purpose to augment my awareness.

-Pete, in Tacoma WA USA

Hmmm?? I guess riding allows me to escape the confines of gravity, and the effects of age... A bike is my equalizer, and as long as I can keep one upright I'm happy. PS: I have a trike waiting in the wings... :big-grin-emoticon:

Edited by Condor

I enjoy the feeling of being "in the movie", rather than watching it. That means all my senses are occupied and my brain feels very much attuned and awake to my surroundings........more so than too much coffee.

-Pete, in Tacoma WA USA

Pete, that truly sums it up for me as well! Thanks...

every hundred miles further from home I start to relax so a trip 3000 miles it's totally not out of the question. Im a back road cowboy never hit the super slab unless I absolutely have to. enjoy visiting America town by town talking with people enjoying the history. I'll get to my destination eventually doesn't matter when never has never will

All good answers foe shoh..

I enjoy riding because I know I'll be on a bike I saved from the scrap heap. Modern day styles don't attract me. Give me a early 80s to mid 90s and I'm in heaven.

Give me a basket case bike, I'll square it away and be proud of it. And when I go for a ride or show up at any event, people will look at my ride and hopefully appreciate that a bike that old is still getting on getting on.

BTW: earlier today I noticed that my 83 VR will be an "antique" in a few years. Maybe I'll ride with The Antique Motorcycle Club of America one of these days.

I enjoy the feeling of being "in the movie", rather than watching it. That means all my senses are occupied and my brain feels very much attuned and awake to my surroundings........more so than too much coffee. BTW, I wear a 1/2 helmet on purpose to augment my awareness.

-Pete, in Tacoma WA USA

Now here is something very very interesting.. About the forth paragraph down in my post here http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=87387&highlight=movie

my young daughter describes her love for riding in almost those exact words!!! VERY WELL PUT PETE!! I loved her description wayyyy back then and I love your description now!! :thumbsup:

All good answers foe shoh..

I enjoy riding because I know I'll be on a bike I saved from the scrap heap. Modern day styles don't attract me. Give me a early 80s to mid 90s and I'm in heaven.

Give me a basket case bike, I'll square it away and be proud of it. And when I go for a ride or show up at any event, people will look at my ride and hopefully appreciate that a bike that old is still getting on getting on.

BTW: earlier today I noticed that my 83 VR will be an "antique" in a few years. Maybe I'll ride with The Antique Motorcycle Club of America one of these days.

DITTO!!!!!!!!!! I am all over that Drone - sounds like I am a Drone clone!!:stirthepot:

Actually,, here in Michigan the "Antique" status is more lenient,,, been running Historic Plates for a long time and love it!! :cool10:

-Pete, in Tacoma WA USA

:sign yeah that::canada:

The opportunity to spent time with my best friend....my wife. Often times when riding I'll

hearken back to a time as a young teen when I would steal my brothers bike (an old Harley) and ride thru the neighborhood, experiencing the freedom, sights, sounds and smells. Thanking God for the opportunity to live in this not perfect but wonderful U.S.of A.

Louis Armstrong summed it up for me..

I see trees of green,

red roses too.

I see them bloom,

for me and you.

And I think to myself,

what a wonderful world.

I see skies of blue,

And clouds of white.

The bright blessed day,

The dark sacred night.

And I think to myself,

What a wonderful world.

The colors of the rainbow,

So pretty in the sky.

Are also on the faces,

Of people going by,

I see friends shaking hands.

Saying, "How do you do?"

They're really saying,

"I love you".

I hear babies cry,

I watch them grow,

They'll learn much more,

Than I'll ever know.

And I think to myself,

What a wonderful world.

Yes, I think to myself,

What a wonderful world.

Oh yeah.

20140621_122826.jpg

20140620_155739.jpg

DSCN4967.JPG

DSCN5630.JPG

DSCN5602.JPG

DSCN5566.JPG

DSCN5718.JPG

DSCN0722.JPG

DSCN0715.JPG

DSCN0740.JPG

DSCN0866.JPG

DSCN0886.JPG

20140609_105517.jpg

DSCN3557.JPG

DSCN3584.JPG

DSCN3597.JPG

Edited by cowpuc

Two things. First the perfect corner, executed perfectly. Happens every now and again but not so often that I get used to it. Second, feeling the temp drop as I go from ridge top to valley bottom on a ride. So, I guess, the quest for improvement and the connection with the elements.

-JK