IGNORED

the unthinkable happened...

Daitan

I was involved in a motorcycle and car accident Thursday nite. The woman failed to yield the right of way to me. We hit head on. I was ambulanced to strong memorial and after extensive testing found out that I have a broken pelvis. Thank God, that is all that happened to me and also that Linus was not on the back. I am more than likely going to be discharged tomorrow for home. But will be out of work for about 9-12 weeks. Just wanted to let my venture family know what happened, and ask for your prayers and warm thoughts on my recovery. The bike is totalled, and her car is not that good of shape either.

Thanks to everyone and I'll post more as things progress.

Be safe out there, PLEASE.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was involved in a motorcycle and car accident Thursday nite. The woman failed to yield the right of way to me. We hit head on. I was ambulanced to strong memorial and after extensive testing found out that I have a broken pelvis. Thank God, that is all that happened to me and also that Linus was not on the back. I am more than likely going to be discharged tomorrow for home. But will be out of work for about 9-12 weeks. Just wanted to let my venture family know what happened, and ask for your prayers and warm thoughts on my recovery. The bike is totalled, and her car is not that good of shape either.

Thanks to everyone and I'll post more as things progress.

Be safe out there, PLEASE.

Glad to hear you're safe. The bike? Sad, but replaceable, and her insurance company's problem. Her car? not really interested.

Take the time to heal thoroughly and well. The road will still be there when you're ready.

I have suffered a broken pelvis (and dislocated hip), so feel fortunate if you are allowed to walk in '9-12 weeks'. I was on crutches for more than three months.

I too have suffered as a result of 'unseeing' cage drivers. I hope you don't experience my 'lost fire in the belly for riding'.

Find yourself another Venture to enjoy next summer, Ben. Keep us posted. God speed toward healing.