IGNORED

Where's the new venture

ediddy

The new year model of the venture has always been introduced around September 8 or 9. Haven't seen one this year yet. So for all the people that knew a dealer, someone with yamaha or that talked to yamaha USA, who said the new venture was going to be this or that, where is the new venture?

I talked with my GM here at the store, he said the dealer show was going o be really small this year & HE doesn't think they will introduce anything updated or new.....GM thinks it will be next year.....Now mind you the yamaha rep said it was coming...but he went on to say there wold be a lot of BIG things come in the next 4 or 5 yrs...:backinmyday:

What would you like to see in a next gen Venture?

Here are a few of my own thoughts:

Keep with a V4 (opposed 6 would make it to much like a wing)

Increased horse power (>100)

Fuel Injection

Better MPG

1-2 inch Lower Rider Seat Height (lower overall CG)

Redesign the Fairing and update electronics

Just my thoughts, what do you guys think?

Made me smile, did not see Larry's post, there were also links to the new autonomous bike by 2018 and the chrome ban. It was not the one I was looking for but it served the same purpose until someone came along and spoiled it .:stickpoke:

This is the one I was looking for:

http://beantownbaggers.net/2014/03/31/harley-davidson-acquired-by-japanese-owned-kawasaki-motor-company-ltd/

Edited by etcswjoe

Made me smile, did not see Larry's post, there were also links to the new autonomous bike by 2018 and the chrome ban. It was not the one I was looking for but it served the same purpose until someone came along and spoiled it .:stickpoke:

This is the one I was looking for:

http://beantownbaggers.net/2014/03/31/harley-davidson-acquired-by-japanese-owned-kawasaki-motor-company-ltd/

Don't feel bad Joe. I swiped that link off FB after Mike "The Diamond Cut guy" posted it. :whistling:

Larry

Fuel Injection

Better MPG

And ABS

Fuel Injection

Better MPG

Truthfully Kev,,

I am soooo impressed with the modern day motorcycles and especially our Ventures, I would be happy if Yamaha just started reproducing the 83/84 1st Gens.. :cool10: They were plenty fast, the most cuddly 2 up bike ever made - lay back and cruise for hours and hours, straighten the twisties like on rails and I even LOVED the colors!! Yessirreee,, just tweek the trannys, stators, clutch and brakes,,, crank em out for 10 grand a piece and I would order one!! I would even want a cassette player on mine!!:clap2::thumbsup:

If I had one wish for all manufactures, I would personally wish they would find a way to incorporate some form of reflective material (like the stuff you see on road worker vests) into their bike schemes.. I have often thought that thru the years.. On all front, rear and both sides.. Maybe even a totally reflective glass body :dancefool:

Dont mind me,, I am just really really tired of people getting hurt out there:bighug:

If its not wraped in plastic, have a cramped seating uncomfortable seating position and clip on style bars Yamaha aint interested. Best looking bike they have made in 3 yr or so is that Bolt. I dont think they are interested in making a tour bike. Its kind of a limited market covered up by Honda and HD mainly. It wouldnt suprise me if Kawasaki phases out theirs.

Yamaha is in a bad position...what market do the dominate? heck are competitive in? the sport bike market is dead because kids that rides them can't afford the insurance, motorcross? no because honda, suzuki are just as good or better. Dual sport ?No because Suzuki and Kawasaki sell a good bike for a lot less...cruisers ? LMAO ATV/UTV? ROFLMAO ... so what does that leave?

I talked to Bob Starr, US communications director for Yamaha in late July.

He told the STAR Touring group of about 400 in MO, that Yamaha will be putting out a bike in 2015 for the Venture owners.

A few of us talking to him direct off stage still got only indirect answers but I when I said I had no interest if it was not at least V4, he said "then, just wait".

Now, I'm not likely to buy a NEW bike, always prefer to get one a year or two used (for price). But, I think I got my answer from a top dog.

Guys,

They've done this to us before....when they dropped the Venture in 94 and then came out with the V-4 Royal Star line in 96. Then we didn't get our Venture back until 99.

Now my money is still on taking the new V-Max drive line and dropping into a new touring cruiser chassis with updated electronics and blue tooth communications, like some of what you see today with the new Ultra and others. And I'd like to see both a frame mounted fairing like the Road Glide and a handlebar Ultra fairing like we have now.

We just need to be patient, it's only been one year,

Rick

I talked to Bob Starr, US communications director for Yamaha in late July.

He told the STAR Touring group of about 400 in MO, that Yamaha will be putting out a bike in 2015 for the Venture owners.

A few of us talking to him direct off stage still got only indirect answers but I when I said I had no interest if it was not at least V4, he said "then, just wait".

Now, I'm not likely to buy a NEW bike, always prefer to get one a year or two used (for price). But, I think I got my answer from a top dog.