IGNORED

Where's the new venture

ediddy

Truthfully Kev,,

I am soooo impressed with the modern day motorcycles and especially our Ventures, I would be happy if Yamaha just started reproducing the 83/84 1st Gens.. :cool10:

You are dating yourself Puc, 83/84 VR's can hardly be referred to as modern day motorcycles. :no-no-no:

They were plenty fast, the most cuddly 2 up bike ever made - lay back and cruise for hours and hours, straighten the twisties like on rails and I even LOVED the colors!! Yessirreee,, just tweek the trannys, stators, clutch and brakes,,, crank em out for 10 grand a piece and I would order one!! I would even want a cassette player on mine!!:clap2::thumbsup:
Those 10 grand machines produced in 83/84 would be 30 grand today. Anyone got a time machine? :rotfl:

I agree with you in principal though would personally include all 1st Gens in the mix. The 85 to my mind was the best design with it's larger trunk but would have been even better if the MkII bags were added while still keeping the removable feature. If that were so then a smaller set of side bags could be substituted so this bike would have true sport or touring capabilities. Besides the tweeks you mentioned, revamping the frame to a modern exoskeleton style would have stiffened up the bike substantially and might have even made it possible to lower the centre of gravity a bit. Speaking of which, CG that is, modern electronics would also be likely to lighten the top end substantially. Drop a V-Max engine with multi-function computer controlled performance options with sport, cruising and touring settings. Then we would be all set to go places whether it be short or far or fast. When it comes to touring a fixed fairing is far superior to the bat wing cruiser style. That is, of course, just my not so humble opinion. Lets not forget to put some real lighting up front with dual LED driven projector headlights and brighten up the stern with the already invented trunk light bar accessory instead of just a reflector, using LED's of course.

Ain't dreamin a fun way to pass a few hours. :sun:

• 1 month later...

I was at the AIM Expo internatinal bike show in Orlando last month and asked the Yamaha rep there the same question, "when can we expect a new Venuture or RSTD back on the market" I was told that none are planned at all. Yamaha is getting away from the touring bikes and more into the sport bikes as that is where the money is. Too bad I told him. I would buy a new Venture on the spot with EFI and a better sound system and I know a bunch of other folks that would too.. at least an RSTD if not the RSV.

Phil in Florida

'08 RSTD

12 Triumph Explorer

The new year model of the venture has always been introduced around September 8 or 9. Haven't seen one this year yet. So for all the people that knew a dealer, someone with yamaha or that talked to yamaha USA, who said the new venture was going to be this or that, where is the new venture?

Yamaha should listen to their customer base... ie. this forum. A lot of folks, like myself, as much as we love our 1st gens, are ready to pull the pin on an updated current model 'now'. Yamaha should remember there are alternative bike stealers around the block. So Yamaha, get with the program, you are losing customers and $$$$$. And that cassette deck oyyye !!