IGNORED

tornado like winds, cars n trucks pulling off the road, and we are on a motorcycle

cowpuc

West of tonahpo is a pretty good size mountain range.. folks who know me know I preach,,,, stayout of the mountains from 1 till five cause thats when bad weather happens, at least inmy experience.

Shoulda listened to myown advice but this one up hard and mean!

we got very very fortunate, we happened on an abandoned gas station, motel, shop! Turned out the place was till solid enough to withstand the wind although I do have vids of 10 foot long 1 x 6 boards blowing across the lot while we huddled inside.

huddled inside, the grafetti on the walls summoned me to add my own..

Camped thatnite with the snow covered east mountains of yosimite in site. Gorgeous spot up in the high sierras about four miles in. Dead quiet all nite, nothin but coyotes, tweeks, tippy n me.. did have a major issue with refilling my water cup at 3 am, you are gonna wanna read my full ride report when I write it this winter, another hilarious vid/story..

was planning on taking a short cut to wilton, up 395 across the sierra, s without going thru yosimite, been there a few times n tips anxious to see our kids.. came on this sign, west 108.. took west 108, GLAD WE DID

108 is more commonly known as, SONORANA PASS.. I made my selection of roads to cut across the mountain range way to early on 395 to make any time for getting to kids BUT TALK ABOUT A BEAUTIFUL RIDE!

went past a bunch of marines ding mountain training. Got up high enough tippy got off and made a snowball,,, I wouldnt touch the nasty stuff!

At 9500 feet, miles up on the pass we bumped into a young couple who were hiking the CREST from mexico to canada.. another great story you will have to read about in my final report over winter.. will say this, for theprice of a half a bag of candy and some great conversation they willingly signed our yosimite sticker that tweeks had earned in the past..

finally arrived here in wilton ca last night. Having a ball with the grand kids, our daughter and son inlaw.. kids wanted to set up thier tent and sleep outside,,, I mean dangggggg,,, thousands of miles and countless chours sleeping on the ground getting here to see em , son in laws got theba ck bedroom all ready for us AND WE END UP OUTSIDE BACK IN THE TENT..... the things we will do for our kids eay:rotf:

Puc

20140610_214441.jpg

20140610_215750.jpg

20140611_143602.jpg

20140611_143544.jpg

20140611_143535.jpg

what a great adventure! can't wait for the full report.

hey? gotta ask?? can the tail/ brake lamp even be seen on that mobile bundle??

i'm green with envy!! be safe and keep showing us the trip.

Mike

Pic 15 seems to defy the laws of gravity...

Puc, you really, really, really need a trailer if your gonna haul all that stuff...LOL:backinmyday:

My thoughts exactly... not being to safe loading that bike up like that...:no-no-no:

I bet all his pack does not out weigh the motor of the bike. so at worst he is going to be replacing rear shocks more often.

It obviously works...for thousands of miles it has worked. I also have to point out that if it were not safe he would not have Tippy on the back. If you watch the video of him riding his parts bike with no clutch or brakes, there is no Tippy in sight. I think he might love her too much to be crazy with her on the bike.

I think if Puc was to get a smaller single wheeled trailer he'd be in heaven touring. He could still hit those two tracks easily. Those type trailers track the same as the bike and as far as I know handle great. Maybe someone who uses one can comment on this. TX? maybe?

Larry

I think if Puc was to get a smaller single wheeled trailer he'd be in heaven touring. He could still hit those two tracks easily. Those type trailers track the same as the bike and as far as I know handle great. Maybe someone who uses one can comment on this. TX? maybe?

Larry

This is really interesting,,, I honestly thought that the corrective point of reasoning (if any) crowd would come out 10 to 1 favored by the anti graffetti group over the you need a trailer group... human unpredictablity never ceases to amaze me :rotf:

I think larry maybe closes to another means of hauling our tent and sleeping bags with the one wheel trailer idea. I do gotta say though that I am truely sceptical that even that method would work in our application.. way to much two tracking for draggin something behind us.. I have a short video that tippy took about five miles back in the utah mountains a few days ago that would really help those of you who arent woods riders understand my perspective.. I cant upload off this tablet but as soon as my son in law gets done working I will see if I can talk him out of his laptop and post it up,,,,, he loves me so I am sure he will:cool10:

pictures are worth a thousand words so video should be even more valuable...:detective:

20140601_091803.jpg

glad you made it too CA hope to see you at Memaloose state park next week

John

Be there or be square, cant wait either my friend! Bike settled in and doing great with the new stator. Thing loves the heat! You and that precious wife of yours ride safely out there brother.

txsturgis warned me about the terrible water and oil trucks in the carlsbad, roswell area... he wasnt kidding.. gotta watch very carefully for not just their I dont care if I kill you attitude but also their spillage on the roadways,, had a couplepretty good slides going cause of them... just a heads up buddy!

ride safe, have fun and we will see you real soon!

puc

Puc,

You have the best stories and tidbits of info. It's like we are all there with you. You need to author a book. I love the packing set up also. Surprised you aren't popping wheelies everywhere you go...:stickinouttounge:

You make some really interesting observastions there cuda and I really appreciate the cudo, s... cudo, s from a cuda,, kinda neat..

after years in the trades, welding pipe, wiring machinery, restoring bikes, working in bike shops I returned to college to earn my bachelors degree.. one of the classes I really enjoyed was creative writing.. a company I worked for sent me to germany to learn some machine building skills.. while there I was also taking notes on what I was doing.. those notes became a shop manual on the machines we built and 4he manual was published and sent out with all the machines here state side.. its been all down hill from there brother, I have never lost my passion for writing,, j6st down right fun.. maybe in another life, I will be an accomplished author, ya never know.......

I get really side tracked though cause I LOVE reading others real life stprys too.. life is a wonderful thing when you engage it head on!

puc

Puc,

Can't tell you how glad I am that y'all had issues here in Texas. I love being part of this adventure you and Tippy are on. You and Tip are 2 of the most unique people I know and I'm honored to call you both my friends. Keep the stories coming brother, one day when I grow up I want to be just like you 2 :thumbsup2:

Puc,

Can't tell you how glad I am that y'all had issues here in Texas. I love being part of this adventure you and Tippy are on. You and Tip are 2 of the most unique people I know and I'm honored to call you both my friends. Keep the stories coming brother, one day when I grow up I want to be just like you 2 :thumbsup2:

Squidley, WE MADE IT! We are at THE DALLES IN OREGON and YOU ARE RIGHT HERE WITH US BROTHER! You KNOW your words go both ways my friend! I gotta find out whether these west coast pranksters pulled a scam on us or not, as of yet, our bike - tweeks belongs toyou too knowya know - is the only thing around here that even remotley looks like a venture!

Love ya brother, give Lonna, pinks and brownie my love too!

puc

Squid, you are Peter Pan...

ummmmmmmmm,, cept that pan dude was fake,,,,, SQUIDLEY IS THE REAL DEAL!