IGNORED

The Butt Butler will be out of the shop

Rick Butler

Friends,

I just thought I'd let everyone know that the end of May, I will not be taking on any seats to be reworked. On June 28th, I will be a away from my shop until the middle of August, where Linda and I will be on a 55 day ride to Alaska and back.

We are finally getting Alaska off of our bucket list. We are going to take 11 days to get to Seattle and then take the Alaska Ferry to Haines and then ride the remaining 762 miles to Anchorage where we will spend almost 2 weeks seeing everything we can before heading back to Haines to catch the ferry back to Seattle. This is when I expect to change my rear tire before we head south to ride the coast all the way to LA where we will spend a couple of days riding the Santa Monica and San Bernardino mountains before heading east back to Texas.

Therefore as of the end of May, I'll be getting my bike and trailer ready for this trip. Hopefully this will not be an issue as most of you should also be riding and unable to give up your seats to send to me. I'll let everyone know when I get home.

Friends,

I just thought I'd let everyone know that the end of May, I will not be taking on any seats to be reworked. On June 28th, I will be a away from my shop until the middle of August, where Linda and I will be on a 55 day ride to Alaska and back.

We are finally getting Alaska off of our bucket list. We are going to take 11 days to get to Seattle and then take the Alaska Ferry to Haines and then ride the remaining 762 miles to Anchorage where we will spend almost 2 weeks seeing everything we can before heading back to Haines to catch the ferry back to Seattle. This is when I expect to change my rear tire before we head south to ride the coast all the way to LA where we will spend a couple of days riding the Santa Monica and San Bernardino mountains before heading east back to Texas.

Therefore as of the end of May, I'll be getting my bike and trailer ready for this trip. Hopefully this will not be an issue as most of you should also be riding and unable to give up your seats to send to me. I'll let everyone know when I get home.

HAVE FUN !!! Please let me/us know when you return. I spoke with you about a goldwing seat mod and would like you to do it ASAP

Barry

rick, you re did my seats over the winter. i have them on and first ride was 125 one way, loved the way it felt, i could have riden all day without stoppen the way it felt!!!! have since been on other rides n feels great!!! THANKS for the wonderful job you did on them. have had a couple of riders n they thought they felt better also!!! enjoy your trip to alaska, sounds like a great trip.:thumbsup2:

hey rick

wow....nice trip! hope you have a great trip!

I've been out on the bike since you did my seat twice for a couple hours each time....it was odd because when I came back it was like..... monster ovals> check, dyna>check,

vmax gears> check........ seat? huh? it was like I didn't feel it or my butt hurting. it was like it disappeared. so I'd say that's a great job!

I'm going on a 7 day ride june 9th...... the first day were riding 12 hrs..... not my idea at all.... then 4-5 hours a day. so that'll be the true test.

so far so good. enjoy your trip and i'll report back after the trip

bob

Bert,

We have ridden through BC several times and you are right....you have not seen a real mountain until you ride through BC.

But we are killing 2 birds with one stone on this trip....an Alaskan cruise and an Alaskan bike trip. After we finally took a Caribbean cruise we figured an Alaskan cruise was the next option. But that would mean flying to Seattle and not having the bike while in Alaska....another bummer. So when I looked into the Alaskan Ferry system, I felt this could really work.....take 11 days getting to Seattle, the ferry to Alaska, having the bike while there and then the ferry back before heading for home.

I'm taking a SPOT, so if anyone want to follow our tracks I'll post the link to my findmespot page when we take off.

Rick

Sounds like an amazing trip - hope you enjoy. :cool10:

I am curious though, why would you not ride through British-Columbia? That would be some spectacular scenery in the mountains.

:canada:

Rick hope you have a great trip sounds like a lot of fun. Just wanted to say thanks for the great job you did on my seats, finally got a long ride in today about 250 miles and I cant say enough about the difference in the seat. I even had a couple of Harley owners sit on them and they were very surprised on how comfortable they were. Debbie is also happy with her seat so it is a win win for me. Thanks again and have a great trip. Cant wait till we head south to the international should make it a lot more enjoyable. Joe:)

Great to see you two taking the CORRECT amount of time to enjoy a great cruise (riding and "seaing") up to the NW corner of the country,,,,sure wish Rose and I could join you guys!

Have a safe and enjoyable ride!

Congrates and have a great time.

Take warm clothing, when we were there a few years back it was still cold and drizzly. Hope you have a great trip. It is surly one you will never forget.

Post your trip as you go along if you can so we can enjoy it with you, if not hope to see some of your pics when you get back.

Green with envy :crying:

Bubber

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok Friends,

After 50 days and 9,326 miles, Linda and I finally rolled back into home at 7:30 last night.

It was a great trip with no mishaps, etc and we saw a bunch of country to include 5 national parks. I'll post a link to my pictures soon.

So, I'm now available to get back to work reworking seats as needed.

Rick