IGNORED

Life Is Good Again!

bongobobny

Becky and I will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary later this year and we are going to celebrate with a trip of a lifetime, a trip to Hawaii!!! Let me begin with when I retired. I retired at least a year earlier than I wanted to due to health reasons. As some of you know I have type 2 diabetes and it is service related so I was 60% disabled. Well, last year I put in for increased disability. Being retired took a big chunk out of our income and between finances, my health, and everyday issues I have been living with depression. Well, last week I got a letter from the VA and I am now declared 100% disabled effective the day I retired! So 2 days ago my bank account got a whole lot bigger from the back pay! With the increased monthly benefit my income is now what it was when I was working so life is good!

So here's the deal on our vacation or 2nd honeymoon. We fly out of Buffalo to Honolulu. There we board a Norwegian cruise ship and spend the next 7 days island hopping. When we get back we are checking into a hotel on the beach and spending another 3 days there before coming home. The cool part being I now have the money and am paying for it today!!

God is sooo good to us!!

First off, I want to thank you for your service. Many Thanks!

Second, you both deserve a break and I pray this vacation trip exceeds all others and brings many great memories for years to come.

Congratulations!

Eck

Good for you! My wife and I are celebrating our 25th as well on April 22nd. We plan to celebrate ours with me being in the field getting ready to plant corn. Somehow I think my wife would like your way of celebrating much better than my way. So lets just not tell her what your doing! Seriously though, I am happy things took a turn for the better for you and yours.

Congratulations to you both Bob, on both the 25th Anniversary and the outstanding news of your financial windfall!! Thank you for your service to the country and finally receiving your just compensation!! Hope you both have the time of your lives on the Islands, beat the Bongo's for us while your there!!:cool10::cool10:

Puc

Just out of curiosity, is this Agent Orange related?

Glad to hear it worked out for you.

RandyA

You bet your Bippy Randy!!! Type 2 diabetes is directly related to exposure to Agent Orange. I have peripheral neuropathy in all 4 extremities, have lost a toe, have early stage 3 kidney disease, and because I'm a hands on kind of guy I can't really work like I used to before...

You bet your Bippy Randy!!! Type 2 diabetes is directly related to exposure to Agent Orange. I have peripheral neuropathy in all 4 extremities, have lost a toe, have early stage 3 kidney disease, and because I'm a hands on kind of guy I can't really work like I used to before...

I have diabetes also, but my time in south east Asia was in Ubon, Thailand, 30 miles from Laos and 45 miles from Cambodia. We dealt with bombs and gunships, so I can not pursue anything.

RandyA

wooo hooooo fun in the sun hoola dancin and the drinks with the little umbrellas on the beach cant beat that :cool10::cool10::cool10::bluesbrother: have fun and lots of pics yea yea you know the drill or it didnt happen :rotf::rotf::rotf: have fun you 2 oh dont forget the sun screen its expensive there so take some with you