IGNORED

awesome home made sling shot

dogman

I didn't actually laugh, grinned a little after I did the owie thing a bit.

My main thought is that his slingshot has more power than I thought it would. I mean, he buried that ball in the unintended target. It actually has hunting / self defense possibilities. :thumbsup2:

Oh yeah, I feel sorry for the dumb@$$ :whistling:

Something about that video doesn't seem right. I've had experience with small caliber pellet guns and slingshots over the years and I've never seen anything bounce off wood hard enough to bury itself into a human skull the way that bearing did (You can see the shiny object on his forehead just before he puts his hand up there.). It seems to me that a 22 mm (Nearly one inch) ball moving fast enough on rebound to bury itself that far into a human skull would have buried itself into the wood in the first place. As well, that blood looks too clear and runs too quickly. I've had something bounce off my head and break the skin and no way was I bleeding like that. I wonder if this wasn't just a special effects set up. I could be way off base here, but I just can't see a bearing that size having enough energy to do that after bouncing off wood. As well, in the closeup of his head as he lies on the ground, there seems to be quite a wound just beside the spot where the blood is coming out ... how could he have two wounds? And finally, what are the chances that the camera, which seems to have been on a stand beside him, would fall in exactly the right spot to catch a closeup, in focus view of the wood? Like I said, I could be wrong here but i think this was a hoax. If I'm wrong, then I guess I owe the guy an apology.

Something about that video doesn't seem right. I've had experience with small caliber pellet guns and slingshots over the years and I've never seen anything bounce off wood hard enough to bury itself into a human skull the way that bearing did (You can see the shiny object on his forehead just before he puts his hand up there.). It seems to me that a 22 mm (Nearly one inch) ball moving fast enough on rebound to bury itself that far into a human skull would have buried itself into the wood in the first place. As well, that blood looks too clear and runs too quickly. I've had something bounce off my head and break the skin and no way was I bleeding like that. I wonder if this wasn't just a special effects set up. I could be way off base here, but I just can't see a bearing that size having enough energy to do that after bouncing off wood. As well, in the closeup of his head as he lies on the ground, there seems to be quite a wound just beside the spot where the blood is coming out ... how could he have two wounds? And finally, what are the chances that the camera, which seems to have been on a stand beside him, would fall in exactly the right spot to catch a closeup, in focus view of the wood? Like I said, I could be wrong here but i think this was a hoax. If I'm wrong, then I guess I owe the guy an apology.

I also noticed his shirt was pretty much blood stained at the beginning of the video. It is a hoax.

I am with Dart on this one.. Not saying it aint possible but it sure dont seem reasonable.. Also noticed the guys shirt had some red paint like stuff on it that may have been from a practice session or two for the clip...