IGNORED

Very sad news

Mollie and I are so sad to hear about Don's passing. He was one of the first VR members I met when I joined the group. Did many rides and M&E with a true friend and great guy. He was always there to help someone in the group. He will be missed.

As we ride back to Texas from our trip, Don and his family will be in our thoughts on the road.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, so sorry to hear this. I have never met Don but have talked to him a few times on the phone. Real nice guy. Wish I had the chance to meet him. Rest in Peace and prayers sent to all of his family and friends.

Like everyone else who have met Don it was my pleasure to share time with him at a couple of meets. Once you met him he was your friend for life.

Another great loss in our VR family is about all I can say now.

Don will be missed. Prayers for him , family, & friends.

Larry

So very sorry to hear this awful news. Don was a true Texas gentleman in every sense of the word. We are grateful to have known him and to have seen him again this spring at the SE Texas MD.

I know if given the chance he was going to make sure I got baptised in the Brazos.

Our condolences to his family and friends.

Got the call from Squid earlier and still in shock. Don would give you the shirt off his back and the pants he was wearing if you needed them more than he did. It's always the good ones that leave us way too soon! Rest In Peace Don...you've earned it!

Thanks Gary, here are a few more of Don...

The 8th pic is from L to R Kenny Branton (Kbran) Myself, BoomerCPO, Owen, and Gunboat

The last picture is a rare one as it has from L to R Gunboat, Ponch, Don Hiltabidle (TX Venture, who left us almost 3 years ago) and his wife Linda when they came to Lonna's mothers and sisters houses to give the kids a Christmas.

Edited by Squidley

Don was the first one I met at MD several years ago after having talked with him on this forum many times before. He had a flashlight and was directing riders that arrived after dark at MD. Big smile, warm ,down home personality, and a heart to match the state he was from. He was one of the first to become a Darksider. Help me more times than I can count. Farewell my friend and condolences to all those left behind, for we will surely miss you.