IGNORED

My "Pet Peeve"

SilvrT

OK ... like ... I have this like "pet peeve". Like, why is it that so many of the younger generation, like if not all of them, have adopted inserting the word "like" into a covo. Like do they ever, like I mean you know, like .... listen to themselves? It's like an epidemic or something. Can you like imagine our politicians of like the future during a like campaign speech?

:Laugh:

Like ... what's your uhh ... like "Pet Peeve" ??

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is holding the door for someone, :2143::2143: out of courtesy, only to be ignored.:confused24::confused24::confused24::sign cmon::sign cmon: What happened to "thank you":confused07::confused07::confused07::confused07::confused07:

Tell ya what, I'd like to...:buttkick::buttkick::buttkick::buttkick::buttkick:

Most peoples driving in general gets to me.

Making right turns to the left lane, left turns to the right lane.

Lane changes with no signal

not taking their turn while merging.

Cutting and weaving to get in front of someone only to stop and make everyone wait for them to make a left turn.

Now see, you almost got me started..............

Manners, correct phrasing and proper etiquette have left the planet at a dizzying pace. Today, the world doesn't need to remember, we have auto correct, spell check and text abbreviations and the "me first" attitude. I always have my manners, because I want my kids to not be void of civility. That and because I do not want to disappoint my beloved mother (RIP) who busted her backside to make sure her children treated people right and spoke with decency.

This is my opinion. I tend to have a few that some disagree with. That's OK.

I cant say much about english. I was so poor at it in high school I had to some of the classes twice. I still think a dangling participle is something about to fall out of your nose or something. But there is very little common curtisey anymore. Around here with as many older retired folks its kind of neat to hold the door for them or grab something off a shelf at the grocery stor they are trying the reach. Sometimes they are just beside themselves sombody helped them out. I am probably an offneder of the "no problem" phrase though.

Oh boy this brings back memories. Growing up during the 60's I picked up on ending EVERY sentence with "yaknow". I'm sure I don't need to give examples..... everybody I knew talked that way. Except my parents. I can't even begin to count how many times I got knocked back on my heels for that phrase. Painful speech communication education yaknow.

The "No Problem" took effect while I was traveling with a tool auction company. Policy was that NO Buyer would EVER be unhappy with a purchase from our crew. Any complaint was answered with "No Problem" and whatever was broken or faulty was exchanged for a new one, a better one or and improved one. Never a refund... that would have been a problem.

Hah! That's one of my favourite peeves.

Camos... when you give people "something" I am sure most of them don't say :ice_thy-vi101212101 I am sure what they say to you is not in the Queens English!

My biggest peeve is when you hear broadcasters saying.... it will be happening at 10 AM in the morning tomorrow. When else do you expect to have 10 AM tomorrow ?

Unruly, loud children who run wild....apparently thinkin' they own the place,....wherever that place may be...with a total lack of respect or courtesy for elders or others around them....and the parents that let it happen.

My 5 siblings and myself had to toe the line when we were kids, and we're better for it now. The entitled "me generation" makes me sad for the future.

Courtesy is the lubricant that allows the gears of society to function.:backinmyday:

Well as I was driving home the other day, I was reminded of a pet peeve and thought to myself, it would be interesting to post this topic and see what others pet peeves are. So now here it is and I can't remember what that pet peeve was. So I guess a new pet peeve is not being able to remember what my pet peeves are. :(

OK...this is not the one that I was thinking of but is still one of mine. I travel a lot so often dine out alone. I hate it when I go out to eat at night and the hostess immediately asks me "would you just like to sit at the bar". NO...I do NOT want to sit at the bar. I want to sit at a table or a booth where I can relax and enjoy my meal. NOT balanced on a bar stool. If I wanted to sit at the bar, I would say something like "if it's ok, I'll just sit at the bar". Please don't make me feel that my business is not as important to you just because I am alone. Now it wouldn't bother me so bad except that at least 50% of the time when I am asked this question and I say "no thank you", the hostess seems to get miffed about it.

one of mine would be when someone (no I am not going to call her name) turns and walks away from me while still talking and then expects me to know what was said or talks to me from another room it just burns me up. :225: