IGNORED

3rd attempt at this

BIG TOM

Quit smoking two weeks ago....This is my 3rd attempt at this...first time I quit for 10 months...2nd time for 6 months..GOT TO MAKE IT STICK THIS TIME.......I'm doing good so far, I mean, I haven't killed anyone and the urge to do so is nearly gone......LOL:fnd_(16):

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what you mean big guy. It has been 2 weeks for me also. I've been taking Chantix and it really helps with the cravings....cool dreams also.. Morning coffee time is the worst....Good luck to you..

Yep, using the chantix.....I dont need a cigarette but every now and then I WANT one...I'm sure it will pass in time....ditto on the dreams.....but watch out for the other side effects.....the last time I tried to quit, I had them bad....this time nothing.................ON WITH THE FIGHT TO REMAIN SMOKE FREE...........ps..think its time to take up drinking...lol

MORE AND MORE ICE CREAM TOM !!! :happy65: I am at about 32 months now after 45 years.

And I still love the smell of the smoke. but not on the clothes LOL

sometimes I open my friends pack and just smell them. oh so good. it helps

GOOD LUCK TO YOU :happy65:

MORE AND MORE ICE CREAM TOM !!! :happy65: I am at about 32 months now after 45 years.

And I still love the smell of the smoke. but not on the clothes LOL

sometimes I open my friends pack and just smell them. oh so good. it helps

GOOD LUCK TO YOU :happy65:

I was hoping I would hate the smell of smoke in time..............:doh:

I quit in 2001, its strange, sometimes I still get the craving for one, but most the time I

can't stand the smell of them. I had to stop doing everything that surrounded smoking. Going to have a drink with co workers. Taking breaks with co workers, etc. I went thru hell with the family, but I'd do it again if I had to! Now if I could just keep the weight and blood press under control.

Best of luck to Ya, just ride more and forget about smokin!!!

I have quit 3 times. The third time stuck, has been since December 17 1999.

Toothpicks helped me. It was not only the craving for a smoke, but the habit of having one in my hands and mouth for over 25 years. I got a toothpick holder and would keep it in my shirt pocket where I used to keep my pack. Everytime I got an urge I would pull out the holder and grab a toothpick and put it in my mouth and keep it there for a while. Eventually got tired of the toothpicks and weened myself off of them.

May not work for anybody else but sure worked for me.

I smoked a half a pack when I was 13 and never liked it so I quit. I have gained weight ever since.....thats my story and im sticking to it......:whistling:

Tom,

I wish you all the best in your efforts. It is one NASTY habit for sure!!!!

You can do it.. heck, I did it and if I can anyone can..

I quit 4 plus yrs ago and I will NEVER go back to smoking.

PS: My son quit smoking about 6 months ago and he says he will never go back either..I pray for him not to gpo back as well as I pray for you bud..

Judy is having the same struggle. She quit for 20 years but when things got stressful after her previous marriage, she got back into them, She's cut way back now but still craves them too much to let them go entirely. She knows she has to quit and promised me she would, so we'll see. Hang in there Tom and good luck! :fingers-crossed-emo

Quit smoking two weeks ago....This is my 3rd attempt at this...first time I quit for 10 months...2nd time for 6 months..GOT TO MAKE IT STICK THIS TIME.......I'm doing good so far, I mean, I haven't killed anyone and the urge to do so is nearly gone......LOL:fnd_(16):
Uhhhh, urge to do what?? Kill someone or smoke??

Great news my friend!!! Quit smoking and live!!!

I'm hitting 2 yrs this month since I quit. Did it once before for about 11 yrs went back when things got stressfull that lasted another 10yrs. This time I hope not to go back. Plus I've had some really stressfull situations since I quit this time and still doing good. I didn't use anything that Chantrix scares me more then smoking.

Good luck to all those quitting it's not easy and it's really hard, but you can do it. I'd say get ice cream when the urge hits but then you'd have a whole new problem and I'd hate to see you need to quit ice cream too.

Margaret

Like he said I quit a million times. Last one stuck. 1980. Tough road for sure. I started chewing gum which is another nasty habit in my opinion. Chewed so much I had sores in my mouth. I was a carpenter most of my life so when I quit smoking I started carrying my carpenter pencil around in my mouth and of course chewed on them but that's what it took for me.

Good Luck,

BOO