IGNORED

Heard from Ponch

Freebird

Just got a text message from Ponch. He send me some pictures from a place, restaurant or something, named "Freebirds". It was pretty cool.

What was REALLY cool though was just hearing from Ponch. I sure miss that guy. He included a message that he misses all of us too.

Good to hear he is doing well again.

Bless his heart for the hard road he went down.

Im just glad he was able to find his way back...

We have a bonding company here in Huntsville called FreeBird Bail Bonds & Surety

Edited by Eck

• 1 year later...

Wondering about Ponch also. I hope he is doing very well. I think of him every time I put my bike on the center stand. Remembering him helping me get my center stand on at Freebirds maintenance day. Remembering the tip he gave me about carrying a small length of a 2x4 to roll the rear tire up on to get the bike on the center stand so much easier. I still carry that 2x4 at all times. Along with a small DC air compressor and tire repair kit.

Somewhat popular? I love them. Burritos made to order but not like the ones you find in a Mexican restaurant. Think sub but made with a giant tortilla instead of bread. 4 or 5 flavors of tortillas and 3 sizes and you had better be big time hungry if you order the "Monster". Got started in College Station and are slowly spreading around. Nearest thing to them on a national level would be Chipotle's but as they are not owned by Mickey D's as I understand Chipotle's is, it may take them just a bit longer to get around. I invariably hit the ones either in College Station or Austin whenever I'm near one. Give me a choice between Chipotle's and Freebird's - Freebird's every time!

Yea Freebirds Burritos somewhat popular down here