IGNORED

Time to discuss the 2013 International Rally

Freebird

yes off course that is what I meant:starz::bang head:

I would also entertain the idea of hosting the thing with the proper help from my friends.

I think you, Mike, Ken, Orlin and I need to talk?:whistling:

I think this could be a lot of work and a lot of fun! :thumbsup2: I would be willing to help, lead a ride or what ever is needed. :pushups:

Mike has dealer connections that sure would help and he has also held rallys by Galena. :thumbsup2: I think if we all worked and maybe a few others that want to do a good deed for the "Family" would help, we could more than pull it off.

Just my :2cents:

Bryan

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you, Mike, Ken, Orlin and I need to talk?:whistling:

I think this could be a lot of work and a lot of fun! :thumbsup2: I would be willing to help, lead a ride or what ever is needed. :pushups:

Mike has dealer connections that sure would help and he has also held rallys by Galena. :thumbsup2: I think if we all worked and maybe a few others that want to do a good deed for the "Family" would help, we could more than pull it off.

Just my :2cents:

Bryan

Bryan......I think we need to throw in Cherie, Lisa, Shirley, Sharon and along with them Dan and Sherrie. You know we couldn't do this without our Ladies input. Well we could but a ladies touch would just top off the festivities. :thumbsup2:

Bryan......I think we need to throw in Cherie, Lisa, Shirley, Sharon and along with them Dan and Sherrie. You know we couldn't do this without our Ladies input. Well we could but a ladies touch would just top off the festivities. :thumbsup2:

Well I sure did not mean to leave out the ladys. :8: And there are also many others that I think would help too. That's just the way us Midwesteners roll. :innocent-emoticon:

Bryan

This thread is making some good progress toward southwestern Wisconsin.

But I have to ask (for the fun of it)...whatever happened to my great idea of having the International Rally in...International Falls, MN. ?????????

:whistling:

But I have to ask (for the fun of it)...whatever happened to my great idea of having the International Rally in...International Falls, MN. ?????????

Sven and Olie are the only vones dat liv dar. An all dey got be snow machines. :stickpoke:

Bryan

Maybe International Falls got the cold shoulder?????

Is the 43.5 parallel close enough to the 45th?

Like I said, I would be willing to do what I can to help if it is close to me.

If you do this, you need to start NOW! Get your commity together, put together a basic plan and run with it. Ask those who have gone before you for tips and ideas. Good luck.

Yes, what steamer said....you should have started yesterday....lol let me know if you need to talk about patches, t -shirts, registration forms ,liability waivers etc...I have them saved in my files.....

Not sure what Don thinks..but I would vote for Illinois.

More importantly...You guys (and girls) from Illinois need to get together really quick and decide where exactly and when you could do it, THEN submit the proposal to Don (Freebird). THEN talk to Big Tom and get all his ideas. Trust me..it's ALOT OF WORK!!

And when you mention REGIONAL meets...please remember the B2's meet in May. It is a fundraiser for St. Jude AND a great time for everyone.

Well, Bryan.....with the leaf lookers in October, B2Mom and Dads in May, Dons MD IN June, Vogel in August suppose we an get this done? I guess if we did early July it would work out. Need to get with Mike and Cherie and see what they think, they have the connection if we do it in Savanna and if we do it at Orlin and Sharon"s place then we need to check out a motel that is willing to put all of us up ans maybe be a sponsor. Well I guess we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves until we see what the family wants on this board.

We still have all the connections from the years that we hosted the ride in at galena illinois at chestnut mountain ski lodge they have more space and treated us fantastic!! L and m might limit the amount of rooms we would need.

Cherie and i will toss our hats into the ring!!:cool10:

yes off course that is what I meant:starz::bang head:

I would also entertain the idea of hosting the thing with the proper help from my friends.

Just to throw a spanner in the works........ we love the idea of ILL. area, but I pick up trike on 8th July [serviced at H-D Portland] So would be in SLC Utah around Friday 12th to get Alan's Venture!!

:big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon:

Edited by Aussie Annie
dates of arrival!!

Yes looks like I may be able to attend 2013 if in the midwest area north of the what ever paralell as long as its not here in the south where its hotter than a ........ Sorry I would not be able to help but would attend :322

Just to throw a spanner in the works........ we love the idea of ILL. area, but I pick up trike on 8th July [serviced at H-D Portland] So would be in SLC Utah around Friday 12th to get Alan's Venture!!

:big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon:

If it is late July like it was this year that would give you plenty of time to mosey on over.

Guest Swifty
How about Wisconsin? Its central to most everyone. There are some great members up there that allready hold annual events. The Temps are usually lower up that way then the rest of the country.

Yeah, I usually spend some time there at the end of July, like I am now attending Airventure at Oshkosh. Plan the rally to book end on those dates and chances are I will make it.

I'm not going to comment on where it should be, as far south as we are it will be a LONG ride for us. What I want to say is to those who think they want to do this, make sure you can handle the headaches that are involved with it. I hosted the '07 in Colorado, and you have to be able to think on your feet and be flexible. No matter how much planning you do, there will always be something come up.

Get a trusted group of folks that you know personally, in order for it to go off as planned everyone that has a part in it will need to pull their weight. While planning it, you can't talk enough about it, keep good communication with it.

Every IR I have been able to attend has been awesome, the planners worked very hard and really threw a great event. Doing one has every potential for disrupting your life, I just want whomever decides to pick up the ball to know what they are in for. Fortunately there are a few of us that have had the headaches for you, and we can help guide you around some of the pitfalls :whistling:

LOLOLOL

However, I would also like to see the Intl Rally next year in Illinois..and would also hope that it would be later in July. The first week or two is usually busy for us. But that is for the committee to decide.

DON SAID: He votes for Sept 30th or in that general time frame. (I think he's still overheated from our riding home yesterday...???)

BTW Rick and Mike: We would be glad to help if there is something we can do from here.

If you get ahold of Lois(L&M) in Time she will let you reserve the whole hotel for the week. Rick you forgot about the American Pickers shop there in Leclair, Ia. There is also a Super 8 in Savanna and a place called seven eagles for camping and the Mississip Palasades state park. As for up at Orhlin's Place I bet we could hook up with that hotel that we stayed at last time Rick! Good area up there either way... Many of you are not Star members but that rally is the week of 16 july in Pennsylvannia so please try to avoid conflicting with that for those of us that are involved with both.

Edited by Solodadof2
update

I would think northwestern Illinois would be a good place. Lots of members within a couple hundred miles to help out. There is a Motel in Savanna, Il that the lady that owns it caters to bikes and I am sure would be willing to host it for us. Covered parking, bonfires at night and she will shuttle us around if we are drinking. Also in the same town is a place called Poopy's it is a motorcycle bar, grill, tattoo parlor, store, live music on Friday and Saturday nights. Also has free camping out back. There is also a really nice campgrounds just a couple miles from all of this. There is a place called Ball town Iowa that is a nice ride for supper or lunch. About 45 miles away is JP Cycles store and the Motorcycle museum in Anamosa, Iowa. . This is just to name a few places. Also Galena, Il is a short ride and Dubuque Iowa for the dog track.

Poopy's http://poopys.com/

Galena, IL http://www.galena.org/

L&M http://www.l-mmotel.com/

I added a couple of Pictures from when we stayed there after the SE Iowa M&E

This is not my final vote, but it does sound pretty good to me.

I can't see it being much of a problem for most Southern Ontario riders, though it would be a two day trip, unless you ride hard. And it would bring it more in reach of some of the more western Canadian riders.