IGNORED

E-15 Gas Cleared By EPA

Bobby G

They say we'll have a choice at the pump. But I doubt that will last very long. Tax credits for retailers selling E-15 and higher taxes in certain states on non-E15 gas will force most consumers to buy it. The courts will be very busy handling lawsuits for years to come on this one, especially the biker community who will be forced to pay a higher price for gas that is E-10 or lower, since E-15 cannot be used in motorcycles. Small engines like mowers, power sport products and 2 cycle equipment won't be able to use it either, and those groups are already lined up to head to court. It's going to be real mess, and it won't make a shred of an impact on our oil import situation.

relationship to an auto industry engineer. He said just going to all gas ( No e) would immediately increase gas mileage. He said they actually costed it out, if you go to E-85 , a loss of MPG at a lower cost fuel and the end result is , less cash in your pocket and worse for the environment, butt the government wants it.

Guest scarylarry
Buy stock in Star-Tron.

Or use Sta-Bill in the marine section comes with it's on measurement piece with it...

It is the green one not the red...

Or use Sta-Bill in the marine section comes with it's on measurement piece with it...

It is the green one not the red...

Just bought some the other day and that stuff will only increase my per gallon cost by about 30 cents :depressed: , cheaper to find straight gas which is only 20 cents per gallon more:rain2:. I've tried to find the advertised 25% increase in mpg's with straight gas but had no luck, maybe my calculator was broke :confused24:

I can't really say the e10 affects our mileage on my 09 Tahoe (state vehicle) or on the wife's 08 Edge and my recently sold ST1300. Now on my '98 1500 Chevy, I can tell a big difference in 2-3 mpg loss. Thankfully we have a bulk plant selling pure gas .02 a gallon cheaper than the gas stations with e10.

I can't really say the e10 affects our mileage on my 09 Tahoe (state vehicle) or on the wife's 08 Edge and my recently sold ST1300. Now on my '98 1500 Chevy, I can tell a big difference in 2-3 mpg loss. Thankfully we have a bulk plant selling pure gas .02 a gallon cheaper than the gas stations with e10.

non e10 gas in my area is .10 higher than e10... :((

The wifes 2002 Durango dont really like the E10 stuff, so I hate to see this comming. So maybe those of us that have classic vehicles that wont run on the junk will get a "cash for clunkers" deal. It worked sooooo well the last time.

Here's a little more of what the issues are with non-approved engines and what is being done:

http://farmindustrynews.com/blog/epa-approves-misfueling-mitigation-plans-opei-voices-concerns

Obviously one of the big concerns is the "blended fuels" pump (you know, one pump hose and nozzle for all grades of gas), and getting E-15 residual gas in your tank when you are pumping regular or E-10, and the potential damage that might result.

Another is the effectiveness of the labeling process at the pump, and will it be clear enough for all consumers that E-15 cannot be used in certain vehicles or engine types. The EPA itself said that when unleaded gas was first introduced, there was a consistent 15% mis-use of it that lasted for 10 years, despite the labeling efforts at the pump. Can you imagine the field day the trial attorneys will have with class action lawsuits if there is a repeat of this situation???

The question is not whether this is all worth the effort of developing E-15 gas or not, or whether it's actually going to really benefit the environment. The fact is that our uber-liberal political environment has fostered the "green" movement to such an extent that, like it or not, it's here to stay, and we better get used to it.

But the battle will rage on.

Our Government forced E-10 into the Market one and half Years ago.

Today, the E-10 Market share is 13 Percent. Way less than expected by the Companies and the green and semi-green Politics, although it's four Euro-Cents a Liter cheaper than regular Fuel(which is E-5 or non-E, depending on Brand and Gas Station). That's not nothing at our Fuel Prices. A Liter regular is currently around 1.58 Euro.

Anyway, i had a good Laugh about that E-10 market Share, seems, most of us Krauts tend to believe, Food doesn't belong into a Fuel Tank, doesn't need to ruin the Engine and other Fuel related Parts and vote about the Issure with their Wallet.

We had a major Disasters along when they brought E-10 into the Market, the Companies have to pay huge Fines for not selling enough E-10, but nothing helps, E-10 stays in their Tanks like Crud, may it rest there forever. I don't think it will go away, but it once some more Damage on Vehicles is done, it will be a VERY tight Niche-Product. i see it coming down to 8 Percent Market-Share in the Future.

I wish it was that simple here. The market share is much higher when the consumer has no choice. There is no place around me to buy gasoline which does not contain ethanol. About the only place you can buy straight gasoline are some of the marinas and they are too far away and the gas is very expensive at them.

Well, that's not nice, if the Sellers doesn't give you Choices.

Of Course, Things are a bit different in US, there's a huge Crop Industry on the Continent and and therefore, a Lot of Produce on the Market.

Europe simply has not enough Land for producing every single Liter Ethanol which shall be burnt with Fuel on it's own. Not even if we'd stop eating any Produce. The Companies have to buy it on the global Market, and the realistic Organisations brought that into the Open not long after E-10 was introduced. Even Greenpeace admitted, it not a good Idea to burn down Rain Forrest in Malaysia to make more Room for growing Plants for Europe's Demand on Palm Oil and such.

On a Sidenote, i really enjoy this Discussion, no unhealty Comments, i hope it stays that way !!

E 10 is what screwed up my carbs i just wish i knew the PO 4yrs ago i would have got the bike then and would be ridding today but when i do get it running it will be my daily driver rain or shine and ive got 3 stations close that dont have E 10 fuel and several marinas close by