IGNORED

Scared ****less here

1BigDog

20 more days till the TKR surgery....... It's kinda hitting me hard right now. I must be nuts, but it needs to be done. No backing out at this point. It has taken way too much of a toll on my personal life these last few years. Missed too much stuff. Took its toll on the family and pets, not to mention riding. :fingers crossed:

havent had my knees done but I feel your nervousness. I was scared ####less myself when I had my hands done. I know they are no where near a knee but I make my living with my hands. Do what the docs tell you and all will be well.

Good luck and we at the painter house will be praying for you

David

Hello Ruffy,dont worry about it I had my left one done a have not looked back. The surgery wasnt bad at all, shoot the therapy was worse.Im having my right one done Mon. Feb. 6,friend of mine had his done yesterday with a nerve block and talked to them while they were doing it, he will be home Sun,and is doing well.I started riding 5 weeks out and have not regretted it one bit.Hope all goes well.

Hey Ruffy, youll be fine

My 75 year old mother has had both knees done in the last 2 years and after the first one within 2 days she had said that the pain was already reduced from what it was before . She can walk everywhere again, and can do things she hasnt done for 10 years. The only thing is that we had to rearrange her kitchen as she cant get down on her knees anymore to get stuff outta the bottom cupboards.

I beleive that youll kick yourself in the butt that you didnt do it years ago.

Brian

Ruffy,

Your in for some bed rest and time off I see..

May as well get some DVD movies ready and make sure the TV in the Bdrm is where you want it, for the brdrm and bath rooms are the two rooms you will see the most for a few days..

Get those batteries repalced in the remote too..ha

When my wife had both of her knees totally replaced (at the same time), I got her one of those toilet adapter / extentions that fits over the toilet.

It raises the seating height so she did not have to "over extend / bend her knees near as much when reaching or leaving the final sitting position.

You can buy them at just about any drug store.

I highly reccomend you getting one..it sure made it a whole lot easier for her and a lot less painfull.

You can later use it out in the garden........(kidding)... :rasberry:

I put ours in the attic in case I ever need my knees replaced,,.

I also got her a plastic seat / bench with adjustable legs (for height) where she could sit in the shower and not have to stand or turn in circles in the shower. I didnt want her to twist her knees in the shower.. Then I replaced the shower head with a flexable hose type shower head so she could just move the spray over her by hand.

I has an old TV tray table next to her bed for when she wanted to just sit on the edge of the bed and eat, or use her lap top.

Just a few thoughts I had and wanted to share in case they may be of help to yo umy friend.

I wish you guided well, a fast reovery and nothing but great results.

And thanks for getting that WILL updated for me on that bike..

I still havent recieved a copy in the mail, :confused24:....but I know.. it;s in the mail....:cool10:

Good deal for you. I had both of mine replaced 11/1/2004 and they are doing :cool10:fine. IN FACT .... really this is true, .... when I first started riding again in 2006 the knees were a little tight :no-no-no:on shifting and braking on my second 86 VR, ... but within 3 months :whistling:of riding the knees were bending backwards even farther. And when I get tired, I often just stand up on the straightaways, and then just slowly resume sitting. The key:lightbulb: is a STAFF free surgery, ... and then your fighting all you can for as much PT as you can get, then get on a PT prescribed program of exercise at a gym on specific machines for the rest of your life( even thus: :backinmyday: ) and :mytruck1:. Thus the knees will serve you for the rest of your life. Prayers. And I look forward to more info on how WELL you will be doing!

Jack T

Ruffy,

A friend of mine is a PT and he says the therapy is where you really need to work the knee. He also says that the older his patients are the more of a winnie butt they seem to be, and they don't want to work the knee like they should. I won't kid you, the PT will be painful but the more you work it the better it will be in the end. If if makes you feel any better, my Dad is 87 and has had a hip and knee replaced, and he is still climbing a ladder stand and cross bow hunting and gun hunting for deer. He said when the knee healed, that he wished he had done it years ago. I know everything will go fine and I'll be willing to bet that you will feel and act 10 years younger. Will be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers untill your fully recovered and happily riding again.

Ruffy,

I'm in the same boat. After talking with a lot of people who have had it done, all I can find is one who has problems and I suspect he's a baby. The concenses of thought is to make sure you do your therapy. The pros outway the cons, my doctor says it's got to be better than my quality of life now ( it sucks!). Good luck and I'll put you in my prayers. Keep us posted on the outcome!

Jeff,

I can imagine your anxiety right now, I was with my Dad in Michigan all the way when he had his hip replaced. It might not be any conciliation for you right now, but he has mentioned to me several times that it was the best decision he made to have it done. You have gone through worse things and have become stronger because of them. I have the utmost faith in you doing this, things will be fine brother, just some butterflies which is normal....were pulling for you Buddy! :banana:

20 more days till the TKR surgery....... It's kinda hitting me hard right now. I must be nuts, but it needs to be done. No backing out at this point. It has taken way too much of a toll on my personal life these last few years. Missed too much stuff. Took its toll on the family and pets, not to mention riding. :fingers crossed:

The wife had one of hers done and she never even thinks about it any longer. You'll be fine....

You will be fine, our prayers are with you. When I had surgery in the Navy I woke up towards then end could not feel anything but a vibration no pain. When I had surgery in the civilian world I slept through the whole thing other than being very hungry I was good.

Ruffy,

Your in for some bed rest and time off I see..

May as well get some DVD movies ready and make sure the TV in the Bdrm is where you want it, for the brdrm and bath rooms are the two rooms you will see the most for a few days..

Get those batteries repalced in the remote too..ha

Dipped into the retirement fund and bought new power reclining sofa and love seat combo. They sit high so easy in and out for me. Now I can watch the 65" tv....

When my wife had both of her knees totally replaced (at the same time), I got her one of those toilet adapter / extentions that fits over the toilet.

It raises the seating height so she did not have to "over extend / bend her knees near as much when reaching or leaving the final sitting position.

You can buy them at just about any drug store.

I highly reccomend you getting one..it sure made it a whole lot easier for her and a lot less painfull.

Just replaced the downstairs toilet with a 17.5 height Kohler toilet. I hated that plastic thingy last time I needed one.

You can later use it out in the garden........(kidding)... :rasberry:

I put ours in the attic in case I ever need my knees replaced,,.

I also got her a plastic seat / bench with adjustable legs (for height) where she could sit in the shower and not have to stand or turn in circles in the shower. I didnt want her to twist her knees in the shower.. Then I replaced the shower head with a flexable hose type shower head so she could just move the spray over her by hand.

I dont think there is one sturdy enough to support my Fat arse.

I has an old TV tray table next to her bed for when she wanted to just sit on the edge of the bed and eat, or use her lap top.

Just a few thoughts I had and wanted to share in case they may be of help to yo umy friend.

I wish you guided well, a fast reovery and nothing but great results.

And thanks for getting that WILL updated for me on that bike..

I still havent recieved a copy in the mail, :confused24:....but I know.. it;s in the mail....:cool10:

I sent you a copy to your cell phone a while ago but it came back as "all washed up" . I dont know what that means.......

Thanks my friend,.....:smile5:

Jeff,

, just some butterflies which is normal....were pulling for you Buddy! :banana:

Butterflies?? More like Mothra invading my stomach. But, yes, im sure this anxiety will pass. Probably after several doses of some high class painkillers. Something to look forward to.......:smile5:

Thanks everyone for their well wishes and prayers. It means a lot to me and my sanity.

It's going to hurt.

A lot..

very painful...

:D

Thanks, buddy....I knew I could count on you....

A new kink: last week I was injured by a malfunctioning loading dock at work. This time its my "good" knee thats hurting. I waited several days just to see if it was going to be ok but its getting worse. Its just one thing after another.