IGNORED

Need Prayers for Ponch!!!

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry folks about the delays, been at school all week and it's just nuts right now. Here is the text Monkey Boy got from Shannon....

"All is well. Been busy with OT Physical Therapy speech and doctors coming in. He is moving more, not opening his eyes much. PT (?) dressed him and had him sitting on the side of the bed while holding him. He can't support himself or hold his head up. We will have a special chair for him tomorrow. The regular therapy schedule starts for him tomorrow. God is good, Thank you all for lifting us up to God in prayers....Love Kathy and Shannon"

This is all I have right now for us, sorry it's not more. I still have not been able to see David, but I'm at a point that I am going to show up and see about getting in. Keep David in your thoughts and prayers and as soon as I have more info I will pass it on....

PT is physical therapy, He is at Tears rehab hospital and they are evaluating him all this week. as I get more I will keep fowarding them to Squidley. I'm at the same point, as I want to go see him. Still praying for you David.

Thanks for the updates. I know a lot of us have been checking daily with wonderment of Davids condition.

We are all keeping David & Family in our thoughts & prayers!! Please say a special prayer for Davids family as they are in need of our support.

Be Strong "Ponch", Patrolman46 :bobby: & Babe :223:

Edited by Patrolman46
Signed with another members name. Senior moment???

Thanks for the updates, and still prayers for all.... I was hoping for more improvement. Makes me wonder that Ponch possibly might have had a stroke and then the accident. Bless his heart for hanging in there. May God bestow upon all here the spirit of comfort and healing.

Fuzzy :thumbsup2:

Thank you for all the prayers. Keep 'em coming! My mother and I wanted to express our thanks for all the cards we have received. Your thoughts and prayers mean so much to us. I opened his laptop today and the Venture forum came up.

I know everyone is anxious to hear how he is doing. Ponch has finally started rehab this week at TIRR Memorial Herman. He has a long road ahead of him. We have high expectations for a full recorvery. Today Physical Therapy brought him outside for the first time! There is improvement everday, it's baby steps. We are still unclear as to the reason for the accident. It is apparent that he was not conscious when it happened. He sustained a severe head injury and is currently in a responsive state. This means that he is able to open eyes when spoken to or messed with but he is unaware of his surroundings and unable to focus. There is extensive damage to his face (he was wearing a half helmet). The road rash is healing nicely. TIRR provides intense rehabilatation, minimum of 3 hours a day! He is on the same floor that Gabby Giffords was during her rehab. With that said, security is enforced and visitation is restricted to family only. Honestly I don't know that many would want to see him in this way. I am hopefull that he will begin to wake up more and I would love for him to see some familiar faces when the time is right.

Thank you again to everyone for your thoughts and prayers. Also, thank you for respecting our privacy during this difficult time. We have been by his side everyday for the last 3 weeks now.

-Shannon and Kathy.

Thanks Shannon for the update and as I told Your Mom I will wait for her to call us as I know this is a difficult time for both of you. Always remember as I told her, we, (The Venturerider Family) ,WILL be here for you guys when the time comes,we are just a phone call away. We are still praying for a full recovery and again,anything you all need please let us know. Tom And Debby...Kathys got my number.

Edited by Tom

Shannon,

My heart goes out to you. It's a very difficult thing dealing with these time of injuries and the levels of emotional and physical exhaustion they cause. I pray that your Dad makes a full recovery. In the meantime lean on the family and friends who want to help. It's often them who hold you up when times are hardest. All the best to you, your mother, and David.

Sincerely,

Patricia Kosovic