IGNORED

Prayers needed for my Father

saddlebum

Prayers sent. Glad they caught it, 15 yrs ago my dad had a carotid arterial aneurism that blew up on him. They weren't able to repair but that bull of a man lasted over a week even tho he was in a coma.

Watch the bloating and temperature rise, my mom fell and broke her hip ball this spring and after surgery had the same symptoms. They went back in and had to remove 26" of bowel. They never could tell us why this happened, but that is a story for another time.

I wish your father well and may he be around with you for a long time.

Dan

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone for all your prayers and well wishes. As always this group shows amazing concern for one another. I noticed it when i first joined this site 4 years ago. and am reminded of it every time I log on.

Sadly, all though the surgery itself appears to have been successful, my Fathers mental state continues to decline. Yesterday he did not even recognize my Mother and me. To add to this, the doctor asked us about resusatation should the situation arise. This only served to really upset and panic my Mom, who has been strong up until this point. I had to remind her that we have been here before with him and he pulled through. Deep down however I am myself, starting to worry that, what if this time he does not pull through. It is really hard to sit there and feel totally helpless to do anything for him.

Ben - I also somehow missed your post. Be strong for your family Ben and take some comfort from the fact that so many of us care and offer our prayers. In my case, it also comforts me to think that my fathers presence continues through the way he has touched so many others while with us.

Just a short update on my Fathers condition. not much has changed he seems to be at a stale mate with his infectio so they are going to put him on a stronger antibiotic. they are also keeping him on the drug to help control his delirium, which is not improving any.

Once again thanks for all the prayers and well wishes.

So sorry to hear about your dad. My mom is 85 and things aren't working like they used to.

My prayers to the Creator are sent out for you and your father. Indians believe that the spirits of our friends come to us in tough time to help us through our hard ships. maybe your father is with the spirits of his friend that have cone to help him in this tough time just they all shared during the war. Strong bonds are created in those times that, bonds that not even death can erase. Good luck to him in his fight. My prayers go to the father and his good son.

My Father is still struggling with delirium and pneumonia. But for the second day in a row his white blood cell count has lowered some. So it would appear the stronger antibiotic is at least having some effect on whatever infection he has. He is also eating a bit more solid food Today I gave him a shave and a manicure (of sorts) and he really seemed to like that.. He is still however very delusional and agitated so at night the nurses put his bed out in the wing right beside their station were they can keep a close watch on him.

Once again thanks for all your prayers

Ben Bennink

Early this morning Dad stopped breathing and they had to rush him to emergency ICU. He is now in a sort of coma and is hooked up to life support and breathing machine because His lungs are not working right now, Due to a lung infection. As it sits right now the doctor gives him a 50% chance of pulling through.