IGNORED

New Classifieds Category?

Freebird

Seeking your opinions. I've been thinking about adding a new category to our classifieds area. I don't know yet what it will be called but it will be for our established members who offer products and/or services to our members. I'm talking about people like Carbon_one, Skydoc, Rick Butler, MiCarl, etc.

It will NOT be for any new person who just joins up for the purpose of peddling goods here. Posting to the new area would be with pre-approval only. It will require that a person has been an active member here for some amount of time and has proven themselves to be a true VentureRider member.

The reason for this would be to make it easier for all of you to find these products and services as they often get stuck back several pages in the classifieds and are hard to find quickly.

So....do you think that this would be helpful?

Posting to the new area would be with pre-approval only. It will require that a person has been an active member here for some amount of time and has proven themselves to be a true VentureRider member.

If you do that you should probably establish some criteria or you'll be open to complaints.

Well, it is done. I'm sure there will be some complaints but I'll deal with them and make changes as necessary.

The way it is set up right now, at least I HOPE the way I have it set up, is that only people who are pre-approved will be able to upload ads to that area. At this time, I have added Skydoc, Micarl, Rick Butler, Carbon_one and Ponch. I may have missed somebody so if I did, just let me know. These people SHOULD be able to upload their ads to that area if I have it set properly.

This are will NOT be for people who just happen to be parting out a bike, doing a group buy, things like that. It is only for people who are established members who have been offering special products to other members for some time now.

Receiving permission to post to that are will take more than somebody just joining today and then wanting to post to that area tomorrow. It will require a minimum time as a member, requirement to be a supporting member, actively involved in the forum and/or at our events. In other words...it is TRULY designed to be for people who happen to be members first and vendors second. Hope that makes sense.

I THINK that those mentioned above that already have ads posted can move them to the new area. If not, let me know and I'll move them all. I think you can go to your ads, click on "product options" in the upper right corner and select "move". Then look at the bottom of your ad and there should be a drop down menu where you can select "Member Vendor" as the destination.

I moved about 3 ads to the new area while I was testing it.

I may even take this a step further. I may create sub categories under the member vendors category and actually give each of these vendors their own category. That might make it even easier for folks to find what they are looking for from a particular vendor.

Well maybe I'm the only one who can move them then. If you found the "Edit" button, right below that should be "Delete" and below that should be "Move". If you don't have those links that it must be an admin function. If that is the case, I will try to get them all moved tomorrow evening.

Right now, it's bedtime for me. :)

Seeking your opinions. I've been thinking about adding a new category to our classifieds area. I don't know yet what it will be called but it will be for our established members who offer products and/or services to our members. I'm talking about people like Carbon_one, Skydoc, Rick Butler, MiCarl, etc.

It will NOT be for any new person who just joins up for the purpose of peddling goods here. Posting to the new area would be with pre-approval only. It will require that a person has been an active member here for some amount of time and has proven themselves to be a true VentureRider member.

The reason for this would be to make it easier for all of you to find these products and services as they often get stuck back several pages in the classifieds and are hard to find quickly.

So....do you think that this would be helpful?

Thanks Don, I had a hard time finding the Carbon one lift when I went to buy one last winter. It would certainly make it easier if you had a place for these vendors. By the way I love the lift.