IGNORED

:( Totaled my 2007 RSV on 24 August 2010 :(

KiteSquid

MrsSquid and I were on the last day of a 12 day vacation to the north shore of Lake Superior when I ran into a ditch just after a hairpin turn, on the INSIDE of the corner.....

We were having a great time. We met up with a shipmate of mine who lives in western Minnesota riding around, seeing the sights.

I blame my self as it only took a few seconds of inattention to ride into a ditch.

Progressive told me the bike is worth $12,400 and it suffered enough damage to be totaled..... I am perplexed as I did not think the bike was worth that much or that it took that much damage. I looked at the online pricing sites Nada lists a high retail as $11,085 and KBB lists $10,795 (BTW, the midnight venture has a high price on NADA of $12,050)

I will try to get some photos of it as it is at the local multi-brand dealership......

Live and learn.

Physically we are OK, but MrsSquid got some nasty 2nd degree road rash on her left arm.

I got 1st degree road rash, a bruise on my chest where I broke the windshield and a really sore and bruised thigh where the clutch handle pressed against me.

Neither of us have broken bones and MrsSquid is VERY thankful for wearing an armored textile jacket as it saved her shoulder.

Both of us were wearing helmets so they took the damage.

We are so thankful to GOD that we were not hurt worse!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, I need to go motorcycle shopping.......

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some insurance companies will let you keep the bike for a small percentage of a total loss payout.

If it is not to badly damaged it may be worthwhile for you to keep it and repair it or part it out.

Good that you to are safe and somewhat intact.

Gary

Wow KiteSquid.....glad you and the missus are pretty much ok....the bike can be replaced. We just recently purchased textile summer gear, having already owned the spring/fall textile gear. I hope we never have to use it...but Beth insisted that we should both have it last year.

Beautiful part of North America up that way though, isn't it?

gunk:shock3:

So glad to hear that you are mostly OK. I pride myself in being a very attentive rider. Every once in awhile though I get distracted and think, "Thank God that car didn't pull out then because I was not paying attention." We all do it. Bikes can be replaced. You and Mrs. Squid cannot!!

Neither of us have broken bones and MrsSquid is VERY thankful for wearing an armored textile jacket as it saved her shoulder.

Both of us were wearing helmets so they took the damage.

We are so thankful to GOD that we were not hurt worse!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, I need to go motorcycle shopping.......

Squid - really sorry to hear about your mishap. You are fortunate to come out of it with nothing but a broken bike. Get well soon.

Ruffy took the words right away from my fingers, but I'll say it again too.

Everyone has already said it, but glad you two are okay-ish.

I also hope that you can manage to find some way to continue to enjoy your trip. At least you two are together : )

Anyways, hope the healing goes well and as painless as possible.

Glad your relatively OK. I did about the same thing on my 01 Nomad back in 02. But it was a drain gate that was about 3 inches lower than the road surface. Was looking at something inside the turn (you go where you look) and not the road. Launched us both up and out of the seat. The old Nomad was a lot more forgiving than the RSV is. Wife proceeded to yell and scream and slap the back of my helmet after she landed back in her seat....It was a firm reminder to always keep my mind on what's gonna be where I am gonna be in the next few seconds.