IGNORED

1 More day..............

DragonRider

On Monday morning we head out to the hospital in Tucker, Ga., so Charlene can have her long awaited surgery on her spine, it has been a long and tough road for her, I don't know how she did it, I would have given up by now if it would of been me, but she is a trooper and has tolerated it, even though she was in great pain and could hardly walk, she isnt' nervous about it, in fact I think she is excited about getting better, but its making me very anxious. She will be having two seperate surgery's the first Monday and the second more intensive on Thursday, it should last anywhere from 6-8 hrs maybe longer.

So if you would offer up a prayer to guide the surgeons hands to a successful surgery and easy recovery for Charlene it would be greatly appreciated. I will be on vacation for the next 2 weeks while she is in the hospital and helping her on her first days home after that her sister from Houston will be here taking care of her while I am at work.

That's the beauty of loving someone who is going in for surgery; two folks are really having surgery. So prayers for you both and all in the family.

And as retired Christian clergy (not a fundi) I remember what Jesus said to his Apostles: Hey guys, if you think what I've done is great, wait to see what you will do!" (My translation). So we now put another's heart in another body, and life is renewed. And what is now done in spinal surgery is marvelous as to what it was when it started. It is now a great state of the art. I will also be praying for the surgeons, that the Master Surgeon will be there in her two surgeries and always!

Keep all of us posted, too. You are a wise and good man to ask for prayers, too. I will hope someday to have a cup of :97: with you both!

JackZ

I know I could hit the thanks button at the bottom of every post, but I just want all of you to know that we are very thankful for having such a loving network of friends/family, because thats what we consider everyone here at VR.

Today it finally hit her what was going to happen, we saw Jamie and Paula at church, and after they finish hugging she was crying and had to be consoled, then on the way home again she started, this is the first time that she has showed any emotion whatsoever about her upcoming surgery.

The grandkids are here now, so they are taking her mind off of it for the time, but I am sure tonite will be difficult for her.

Hope this is very successful for Charlene. Pat and I know it's been a long journey for you both and we pray that this time every thing goes well.

Much love and prayers...

Don and Pat

Edited by DragonRider

Just remind her that she'll feel so much better once this is over. Hopefully the recovery will be fast for her and she'll be able to get through life without as much discomfort as she's had. We'll all be waiting to hear how it goes tomorrow. Give her a big hug from me.

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Margaret

In a few minutes we are off to the hospital, her first surgery is scheduled for 9:30 this morning. I will have a laptop with me, will be using it to kill time while I wait anxiously for it to be over. Should know something sometime after 3:30, it is supposed to take at least 5 - 7 hours for this one, then Thursday she has the big one, 8 hours or more for that one...........this is gonna be a long 2 weeks, bang%20head.gifappreciate all the prayers and thoughts.