Harley Rider Gave Me the Finger

ediddy

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though the wife rides a Road Star.

"PUT THE V-TWIN BACK IN THE LAWN MOWER WHERE IT BELONGS"

And my latest episode, I was thinking it was me, but after reading this thread maybe not.

I was ridding to work, in my scubs( I am nurse) on the interstate, about halfway a group of bikes was coming down the entrance ramp and I moved over for them, they entered the highway and accellerated to a speed faster than I was running, about 80 I was at 75 mph. I moved back over into the right lane( I was running slow than most traffic ) and continues on my way.

Construction starts before the exit I get off on, they had slowed down to 60 mph the posted limit, (had out of state tags) I only slowed to 65 so I caught up with them a couple of miles before we got off, and they got off on the same exit as I do.

When we got to the end of the exit, construction had it blocks for a few minutes, nothing new, but as we sat there 3 of the guys at the back of the pack got off their bikes and walked back to me. I thought maybe they were going to talk or ask local directions.

Well they told me the were on a long distance HOG ride and I could not ride with them. DO WHAT, EXCUSE ME, and this was one of the times my brain worked for me.

I just started looking around on the ground, one guys asked ( What the **** are you looking for?) I answered I am looking for where it says this highway owned by HOG, don't see it so I will ride the _____ ______ _____ where I want.

Then I made a statement I really should have not made, Mouth was in gear mind had went to neutral. ( I told them not get in a wreck and be brought back to the hospital where I work) (ICU nurse) but that was a meaningless guesture, I was mad at the time.

Would have taken care of them to best of my ability, no matter what they had said.

A nurse is sworn to do no harm and help everyone, even our worst enemy, who I have taken care of before, strange that he did seem to be my enemy after that.

I thought it just that seemed to always be at odds with the hog group, but after reading this thread I guess not.

I still say, Freedom of the ROAD FOR ALL

Gregg

He didn't give you the finger, he was saying.........

You're number one!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool10::cool10::cool10::cool10:

RandyA

I rode back to Coldwater, Harley experience behind me with, the trusty Venture waiting in the parking lot. I laughingly said to my Harley buddy, "I canceled the chiropractic appointment, the bike did the adjustment for me.

:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

The first time I went to one of Marcarls meet and greets I had Rocket on the back (now you all know he isnt exactly a feather weight) ok niether am I. On the way home we started catching up to a group of Harly's. When they spotted us they started speeding up so I just kind of hung on beside them until they hit their limit. Thats when I poured on a bit more coal and left them behind. You know being passed by a jap bike two up is bad enough but when that two up were two men that had to hurt.:banana::banana::banana:

By the way just so as there is no confusion Rocket was on the back only because his bike was back in BC and under the fully understanding that if we came across a good looking woman hitch hiking he was on his own.:big-grin-emoticon:

LOL HD guys....After lunch, me and my buddy are mounting up. This guy comes running out to check his XL and brain bucket to see if I swiped his glasses or something. So, I took his pic. I did like the guzzi that was parked there.:photographing:

Hey saddlebum,

Your post reminded me of something that happened last year. My bike was at the dealer for service in Tallahassee, Florida which is 100 miles from me. I was going to pick it up on saturday. A friend of mine that has a goldwing volunteered to take me to the dealer riding on the back of his goldwing. We met at a restaurant and I got on the back. I had a yellow columbia shirt on that day. Some of the motorcycle guys at the restaurant laughed at me and my yellow shirt riding on the back with another guy. We stopped at a traffice light next to two women in a car. They looked over at us and started laughing. I guess today everyone automatically thinks two guys riding are gay. My friend looked over at them and shouted, " I know he is ugly as hell, but he sure can cook." I thought the women were going to go into convulsions laughing. I was never so glad to get off a bike in my life as I was when I got to the dealer and got my bike.

This has been a very entertaining thread. I just smile and wave to all fellow motorcycle enthusiasts; I don't give a *** what they are on. If they smile and wave back, terrific, if they don't do anything, fine; if they get disgruntled and flick me off (which has happened) I just laugh.

I think the harder these people try to be 'badass' or whatever, the funnier it makes it. I just can't help but laugh to see some folks cruising along, no helmet, no eye protection, no windshield, and arms way above their head being all tough and too cool to acknowledge anyone on the road - I just cannot help think to myself, 'how can one enjoy the ride if they have to concentrate SO hard on being so 'cool'?'

Anyways, I think that it is hilarious... Especially when folks like that flick you off for puttering by turning, smiling and waving. :crackup:

With all of this said, I find the vast majority of motorcyclists that I have run into have been descent people. All I can say to the rest is keep it up because the harder you try the harder it makes me laugh. :thumbsup2:

This has been a very entertaining thread. I just smile and wave to all fellow motorcycle enthusiasts; I don't give a *** what they are on. If they smile and wave back, terrific, if they don't do anything, fine; if they get disgruntled and flick me off (which has happened) I just laugh.

I think the harder these people try to be 'badass' or whatever, the funnier it makes it. I just can't help but laugh to see some folks cruising along, no helmet, no eye protection, no windshield, and arms way above their head being all tough and too cool to acknowledge anyone on the road - I just cannot help think to myself, 'how can one enjoy the ride if they have to concentrate SO hard on being so 'cool'?'

Anyways, I think that it is hilarious... Especially when folks like that flick you off for puttering by turning, smiling and waving. :crackup:

With all of this said, I find the vast majority of motorcyclists that I have run into have been descent people. All I can say to the rest is keep it up because the harder you try the harder it makes me laugh. :thumbsup2:

Most of us agree with this but lets watch that arms above the head stuff. I'm still catching it for that one!!!:Avatars_Gee_George:

Yesterday my wife and I were returning from a ride. We were approaching the highway where we turn left about 2 miles from home. I saw a light from a bike in my rear view mirror approaching. There is a traffic light where we turn left on a four lane to go home. The light was red so I starting slowing and moved into the left turn lane. The other bike, a harley softail deuce, came up beside me and I waved at him. I thought he was going to stay in the right lane to go straight or turn right. He came by and swerved into the left turn lane right in front of me. I had to slam on brakes to stop without hitting him. I can't repeat what I was calling him to myself. When the light turned green we turned left and he went over into the right lane. I thought OK buddy, I am going to see what you have but then remembered I was riding 2 up and he was riding single so the venture might not keep up. As he turned I could hear the roar of the pipes and knew he was twisting the throttle wide open. I twisted my throttle wide open and he was leaving me. When I hit the rev limit and my engine started sputtering I hit second gear and the venture lurched forward and I started gaining on him. When I was on his rear fender I hit third and swerved into the left lane and went by him like he was standing still. He was winding it out but I was steadily leaving him. I hit fourth and at 100 mph saw his light in my rear view mirror. It was time for me to turn right and go home so I backed off to let him come by so I could get back in the right lane. When he came by he gave me the finger. I guess it hurt his feelings because a metric bike riding 2 up blew his big bad harely away.

That sort of thing will happen. You can't help but laugh. I call it smoking Harleys and my bike will still do it riding 2 up on 3 cylinders.

It's extremely rare that I have any issues with another bike regardless of what type. I will second the 'crotch rocket' issues being so close to the N. GA mountains. There are some real idiots on those things. It's not them personally but their riding I take issue with. As for HD, I guess I must live in a different area. They people here all seem pretty cool. I do find that some don't wave but I chalk that up to their inexperience. I think they're afraid to take their hands off the bars due to all the vibration. That's ok, I still wave.

None of my HD buddies have an issue with my RSMV. We rag on each other all the time but someone has to be able to ride for help when they break down. :rotfl:

Well, most of the HD folks around here are pretty OK. It's just when they want to play I get a couple hundred yards ahead and tap the brake light. Really chaps them. I'm sure that most of you that have gone on rides with them have notice the universal inability to maintain a steady speed. They like their own sound too much to refrain from slowing down so they can twist the throttle. When at some place with a bunch of bikes, my RSV seems to get as much attention as most of the custom jobs. 'Nuff said

Good enough for me to see her upheld thumb:thumbsup2:

Lets put it this way, with his standards..... It dosen't matter if she has a better beard than him or anything else, just as long as she doesn't walk on 4 legs.........

:stirthepot::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Last weekend my wife and I rode the Venture down to Cape Cod for the weekend. Not a long trip, just under two hundred miles. While we we stuck in traffice waiting to go over the Bourne Bridge we would have numerous cagers roll by and say what a nice looking bike we were on. Some were a little confused because my wife had her Harley leathers on and I had a mesh Yamamha jacket on. My wife would have to explain to them that for the long miles this was the bike to be on ( I agree) We went over to Martha"s Vineyard for the day and while there the same thing would happen, everyone asked what kind of bike the Venture is. While waiting for the boat trip home all the bikes go to a certain part of the dock to wait. There were six differant bikes waiting also for the return trip most Harleys. The riders were all my age (60) and were the nicest people going. Not one of the HD pilots had a negative thing to say about me or the Venture, they wanted to know all about it because they had never seen one in person. Of course I told them all the great things!!! Some were impressed!!

As we know all HD riders are not idots or a$$e$ but we have to have patience and ride with them all. Just smile and stay safe!

Josh

I can honestly say I've had More Harley guys wave back then ever give me a problem As far as i'm concerned there 75% good guys in general..... But there was this one incident, I was working second shift coming home at midnight. I was leaving the city on the expressway went a Superglide went flying by me like a bat out of hell. Just for fun I cranked it open and in less than 2 miles was up on him and slid past. I left off a little and it was obvious this guy had pinned the throttle to the stops. and as chugged by my at full steam . i let him get at least 5 or 6 lengths ahead then I reeled him in again. This poor guy thought he was riding a sport bike or something because bent down into the wind to give it all he had as he pulled up along side he shoots me the one finger salute. It truly struck me as funny and i started laughing in my helmet. Then I gave him the thumbs up sign. and slowly pulled ahead. He let go of the throttle and dropped behind me like a stone. I think his not being able to pi$$ me off was worst than blowing by twice.

I will second the 'crotch rocket' issues being so close to the N. GA mountains. .....I take issue with.

You should see the expression of some folks (won't mention what brand they ride, but they like ice cream) when the rider of a sportbike pulls off his black full face helmet (with white dragons on each side) with black faceshield, and all the folks see is the rider's gray hair :cool10::witch_brew:!!