IGNORED

My Good Friend...Ron Gaskill

Squidley

Folks....

It is with great sadness that I come on here and ask for you to take a second and remember a great man, Ron Gaskill.

Ron was Lonna's and my neighbor for the last 7 years, today God took him home and it feels like I have been hit by a truck. I had a very strong bond with Ron and he was one of my great friends, I could talk with him about anything. We had the motorcycles in common, as he rode for many, many years with some of the clubs out of Detroit. I can't explain to you how I felt about Ron except by saying I loved him, we were brothers in spirit and I am devestated by his passing.

Ron was a member of the Michigan wood carvers club. Recently he has been an intrigal part of canes for Veterans. The group has been presenting any Veteran who served all the way back to WWII hand carved canes. He has also been donating all his time and efforts to making these canes for all.

Ron leaves behind his wife Nancy and his Daughter Amanda....Ron was 58 years old.

Rest in peace my friend, and I await the day that we can ride together....God speed.

Edited by Squidley

What a shock!!!! I just got back from the hospital with Nancy and Mandy. We are going to stick around and help them with the funeral and cleaning the garage with all of Ron's wood working tools and such. Ron has a Harley in the garage that we have been trying to talk him into getting running for a few years now. So now is the time, but only to put it up for sale, for Nancy.

I'm so glad that we had the oppertunity to take them out to dinner on Thursday for our going away celebration. Brad and I will miss him a lot, as he was a great person, and the best neighbor to have!

Rest in peace Ron!!

I am so sorry to hear of your friends passing. We will keep his family in our prayers, but rest assured you will meet again that I am sure of.........

His work was beautiful, and I am sure all the veterans that he presented them to will forever remember this wonderful man.............a true patriot.........God bless him and his family.

Lewis & Charlene

Brad & Lonna,

I am so Sorry to hear of the loss of a Great Freind!!

I know there is deep sorrow and an empty place in your heart..The loss of a Freind or Family is never easy on the ones left behind. This is a time to look back at that freindship, the good times spent together, the shoulder that you could lean on, and Celibrate those times, God put him in your life for a reason my friend, and now has made a place for him in Heaven. Ya`ll will meet again, this I know. This is not the end of a freindship, but the beginning of a Venture. Hugs to both you and Lonna. Please give his Family our condolences. Prayers have been sent for the Family, and both you and Lonna.

Godspeed,

Kreg & Janet

Sorry to hear this Brad and Rhonda. It is always hard to lose someone close.We never understand the reasoning that the good ones always go first. Our prayers and thoughts are with all involved and the family is lucky to have you and Rhonda near by. Stay strong and you will get through this together.:bighug::2133:

Hate to hear it. It's always hard to lose such a really good friend. At least you haven't moved yet, and you and Lonna can be there to comfort his family when they need it most. It helps to have good friends like you around to help deal with it all.

I am new to this and somehow stumbled across this web page upon doing a search, and in the search I saw a very familiar name...it was my brothers name, Ron Gaskill. I therefore curiously continued to click on it to see what it was all about and it lead me to the VentureRider's web. Well, I eventually found what my brothers neighbor had written about his passing and felt so touched by it and the comments that followed were very soothing to read. Yes, it is a great loss for all of my family. He is by big brother, no matter how old you are he will always be my big brother, and he was the best big brother anybody could ever have. He was a great man as well,,,kind, gentle, I can't recall him ever raising his voice, talented and so very generous of his talents. He just presented a Vet Cane he carved to our Dad in June at my house and he was so proud to present it to him. I could see the pleasure in his eyes. He was a terrific brother to me and my sister. A fantastic Uncle my son and niece. And I know he was the best Dad that anyone could ever ask for!!! Also a great husband tooo!! Thank you Lonna for being there when it all happened, I know Nancy and Amanda needed you so at that time.

I hope I haven't said too much, but reading all these comments has made me feel better and know how much he is loved!! I will miss him so.

Linda