IGNORED

2010 International Rally

Freebird

OK folks...it is time to start thinking about a place and date for the VR International Rally in 2010. I know that we will get a ton of different opinions but I'm ready for them.......

BUT....

Keep in mind, we need to have folks in the area of the rally that are willing to step up to the plate and put it together. Snarley Bill and his group did a great job this year as have all those in the past who took on these rallies. It takes time and effort to arrange a host hotel, find camping areas, order shirts and etc.

So who wants to suggest a place and volunteer to head the planning committee?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I vote for friesman1 (Brian) ... he and a couple others did a great job organizing Kruisin the Kootenays! And on that note... I suggest that as a place (yes, I know it's far for many but it's sure close for me! :p).

That would be too cool. That's where I first met this bunch of oddballs! :doh:

I missed that one by about 6 or 7 months, BUT, I've seen the DVD of that meet........that's all I'll say.

It would be cool to go back on the 5th anniversary. Not a lot of great riding, it's mostly flat but it could be a great social opportunity, maybe some maintenance, of course there's also ice cream and the end of the day drinking, er socializing, yeah, socializing.....:beer:

I had heard a rumor about Potato Creek being an ideal site for the 5th Anniversary M&E...

I'm sorry I wasn't around at that time.... Maybe someone could tell me where Potato Creek is. When I Google it I get Potato Creek State Park in Indiana. But there is a Potato Creek in South Dakota and another one in Pennsylvania.... Where are we going?

Wayne

OK folks...it is time to start thinking about a place and date for the VR International Rally in 2010. I know that we will get a ton of different opinions but I'm ready for them.......

BUT....

Keep in mind, we need to have folks in the area of the rally that are willing to step up to the plate and put it together. Snarley Bill and his group did a great job this year as have all those in the past who took on these rallies. It takes time and effort to arrange a host hotel, find camping areas, order shirts and etc.

So, this has been bounced around some. If Potato Creek State Park in Indiana is chosen as the 2010 rally site I'll volunteer to head up the committee, 93 Venture and Bummer have already volunteered to help and I'm sure some more of my friends would help too.

British Columbia is mostly vertical which leads to great riding roads. Nelson is a great, bike friendly, town. When we were there I talked to the manager of the hotel. There were about 4000 Hardly Davidson riders at Toad Rock campsite, just outside Nelson. They were expecting the Triumph riders the next week and the Ferrari owners club the week after. There are several loop rides out of Nelson. At the top of one pass we were passing snow patches in 100 degree weather. The guys there would need help organizing something this big but it would be worth it. The roads there are rated as among the best for riding in North America.

For more info Google Destination Highways British Columbia. Even if you don't have the rally there I think some of you will want to visit sometime.

I agree with SilvrT and Sailor that they are some of the best roads and scenery that Ive ever ridden on, with a friendly town and reasonable prices I like it a lot out there. We already have the New Grand hotel booked for next July long weekend for the 2nd annual Kruisn the Kootenays, but it wouldnt be a stretch to make it into the Intl Rally.

It is time for the Intl Rally to be on the west side of the continent and it is fairly close for the California guys. Riders and passengers from the US would need a passport however, to get back into their own country after visiting Canada.

Here is a link to the website I set up this year for Kruisn the Kootenays, it has lots of info on the area and pics. www.kruisnthekootenays.ca (It is a bit outdated at the moment but I will be putting this years info on it when we get more details.)

Brian

Potato Creek sounds like a winner to me with the 5th year annivesary coming up. I'm actually not too worried about carving a bunch of twisties. I know that a day trip south of Indianapolis has some great riding roads, Right Sybil?

Kevin,

Thanks for jumping in on this and if you need other help with a committee should this materialize I will be glad to help you with it in whatever capacity you deem appropriate :happy34: