IGNORED

2010 International Rally

Freebird

So, this has been bounced around some. If Potato Creek State Park in Indiana is chosen as the 2010 rally site I'll volunteer to head up the committee, 93 Venture and Bummer have already volunteered to help and I'm sure some more of my friends would help too.

The Kootneys is fantastic riding & gets my vote.

If we do another Eastern International meet Vs out West, maybe we better split the International meet into two or three regions. One meet for Eastern, a Western meet & maybe a Central one as welll.

For you Americans that can't be bothered to get a passport, fine don't & stay home. Remember us Canucks need passports to head south into the states, for these meets.

:2cents:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Potato Creek...... Just finished watching the DVD of it What a Beautiful place..... Ahh memories

That big red lobster on top of that poor overloaded bike of yours was hoot, Charlie! You looked like the Clampet's leaving Maine.:rotf:

If there is already a Kruisin' in the Kootananny's (you Canuks shour spelle things founny) and a Piggie in the Pines and Deal Gap 4 all the all other regional rallies planned for 2010...............is it just the "international" designation we are talking about here? The OFFICIAL T-shirt? Can't anyone attend any rally? We had bunches of our brothers and sisters from the Great White North at the PIP - wasn't that an international rally? Why don't we just call them ALL "International Rallies" and be done with it? :confused24:

If you set it up ..................they will come. I'd love to be able to attend them all - but I'm not independantly wealthy. Yet. Let's face it - it's a long way from coast to coast of either country. Those that have the time, money and inclination will pick one or more rallies and attend. If there is a 5 year anniversary of the Potato Creek meet - I'll be there. Whether it has the "official international" stamp of approval or not. And if I have the time & money - I'll ride to another one.

Rather than talking about dividing things up - I think we should be grateful to have so many people willing to put forth the effort to make these things happen. It provides those of us that attend with so many more opportunities to see different areas, meet different people, learn new languages (I still have a hard time with Kentuck) and ride new roads than if we had it in the same place year after year after year. Variety is the spice of Life. I'd love to ride to the Kootenanny's or the White Mountains or Death Valley - all I need is a lot of money and a lot more time.

So call them all Official International Multi-Cultural Venture Riders Rallies - set them ALL up, attend the ones you can and have a good time. EH? :Laugh: And Thanks to all who do the time-consuming work of setting these up.

That big red lobster on top of that poor overloaded bike of yours was hoot, Charlie! You looked like the Clampet's leaving Maine.:rotf:

If there is already a Kruisin' in the Kootananny's (you Canuks shour spelle things founny) and a Piggie in the Pines and Deal Gap 4 all the all other regional rallies planned for 2010...............is it just the "international" designation we are talking about here? The OFFICIAL T-shirt? Can't anyone attend any rally? We had bunches of our brothers and sisters from the Great White North at the PIP - wasn't that an international rally? Why don't we just call them ALL "International Rallies" and be done with it? :confused24:

If you set it up ..................they will come. I'd love to be able to attend them all - but I'm not independantly wealthy. Yet. Let's face it - it's a long way from coast to coast of either country. Those that have the time, money and inclination will pick one or more rallies and attend. If there is a 5 year anniversary of the Potato Creek meet - I'll be there. Whether it has the "official international" stamp of approval or not. And if I have the time & money - I'll ride to another one.

Rather than talking about dividing things up - I think we should be grateful to have so many people willing to put forth the effort to make these things happen. It provides those of us that attend with so many more opportunities to see different areas, meet different people, learn new languages (I still have a hard time with Kentuck) and ride new roads than if we had it in the same place year after year after year. Variety is the spice of Life. I'd love to ride to the Kootenanny's or the White Mountains or Death Valley - all I need is a lot of money and a lot more time.

So call them all Official International Multi-Cultural Venture Riders Rallies - set them ALL up, attend the ones you can and have a good time. EH? :Laugh: And Thanks to all who do the time-consuming work of setting these up.

very well said. :clap2::clap2::clap2::2133: thank you.

if nothing else comes to be, i am putting on the meramec state park meet the last week of august. i would be willing to make it the international meet. it is going to happen either way. the potato creek meet sounds great. i will be glad to help out all i can no matter where it is. it is an awful lot of fun and has alot of ups and downs planning. as brad once told me don't worry about numbers attending. who ever gets the honors, you won't regret doing it. you will have lots of ups and a few downs but when the time comes and the people come it is all worthwhile. good luck to whoever don chooses. to me it was a real honor. bill :clap2::clap2::clap2::)

For you Americans that can't be bothered to get a passport, fine don't & stay home. Remember us Canucks need passports to head south into the states, for these meets.

:2cents:

Geez, I thought this thread was for suggested sites and volunteers to plan it.

Anyway, didn't mean to insult anyone and as for me, I was in Colorado and Kitchener. Work kept me from Arkansas. Canada? I've been there a few times, no problem. You should remember, you met me in Kitchener.........

If we can make it we will, ask anyone who knows how we ride.

My vote is for South Dakota, but that is just cause it is on the way to Washington State. :banana: I am going out there next year if it hairlips the devil!!! :big-grin-emoticon: :mo money:.

I vote for anywhere it can be held. If I can I will make it. If not, then I will try again the next year. :bawling:

Before this gets too carried away, I have a solution to the argument.

Someone in the West needs to step up and volunteer to take charge of the 2010 International Meet. We'll concede the International to them.

However, there will be a 5 Year Anniversary meet at Potato Creek. I'll break this into another thread later today. Probably a long weekend meet such as Eureka Springs.

Someone in the West needs to step up and volunteer to take charge of the 2010 International Meet. We'll concede the International to them.

However, there will be a 5 Year Anniversary meet at Potato Creek. I'll break this into another thread later today. Probably a long weekend meet such as Eureka Springs.

A very diplomatic response and a fine idea. The names have been changed to confuse the idiots..........I meant protect the innocent. :whistling: If I win the lottery and all the stars align - I'll be at all or both of them. Just a warning........:stickpoke:

I'll bet Rocket will head up the volunteer committee for The Genuine Official Super-Duper Venture Rider Multi-Cultural Co-Ed International Rally-In. :hurts: He's from one of those frozen northern & western wastelands. eh? :rotf:

whadyasay, Rocket 'ole buddy? I already got my passport.

Edited by Red1

Well this went south , all anyone wants is to help find a good place for the Intl rally it really doesnt matter to me if we call the Kruisn the Kootenay Rally Intl or not, but it is a great place to have a rally.

I think most of us were just putting up valid ideas and opinions. I was just putting up a reminder to out US friends before picking a spot that if they picked Kootenays they would need to have a passport to return to the US.

It would be greeat if we could keep this discussion on track and pick next years spot.

thanks

Brian

He's from one of those frozen northern & western wastelands. eh? :rotf:

whadyasay, Rocket 'ole buddy? I already got my passport.

Actually I'm not from a frozen wasteland, ask GeorgeS what the Seattle winter is like, as my home is just under couple of hours north of there & west, on Vancouver Island. I'm just currently working, in a frozen wasteland with no scenery, aside from the Buffalo herd on Base.

Red you will really enjoy, the twisties in the mountians. The area, has so many exellent rides & sights to see, it can be hard to narrow them down for the time frame.

I won't be able to head it up, as I am not in the area, but I will assist in setting things up & help where I can. Let our "Kruzin the Kootneys" people, chime in.

Whatever it's called, I'll help with whatever I can. Just let me know.

Joe

Actually I'm not from a frozen wasteland, ask GeorgeS what the Seattle winter is like, as my home is just under couple of hours north of there & west, on Vancouver Island. I'm just currently working, in a frozen wasteland with no scenery, aside from the Buffalo herd on Base.

Red you will really enjoy, the twisties in the mountians. The area, has so many exellent rides & sights to see, it can be hard to narrow them down for the time frame.

I won't be able to head it up, as I am not in the area, but I will assist in setting things up & help where I can. Let our "Kruzin the Kootneys" people, chime in.

Rocket,

I lived in Idaho for several years - I know all about mountain twisties. I've never made it to BC, but I plan to. It looks dang purty in the pichers I dun seed. (Opps, I went south again). I wouldn't be able to make it in '10 - but I promise to cast my dark shadow over Kanadia again one day. There's lots of places I'd like to go, lots of beautiful places to ride - which is why I'm glad this group DOES have ride-in's all over the place. That was the legimate point I was trying to make.

I just hope my sense of humor doesn't get me killed first. How big is this Brian dude? :hurts:

this seems to be the same thing that always comes up when planning a meet. we already had some folks step up to the plate to put a meet on at potato creek. if somebody wants to have a meet closer to them. step up to the plate and volunteer. don't always expect some one else to do it. don has the right to make the final decision, and he usually does pretty good. he took alot of things into account when he decided on the 09 rally at the hub. you don't have to live in the area where the meet is. brad lives in michigan and put on the fort collins meet. i live near st. louis mo., and put on the hub meet. if you want a meet in a particular place get off the fence and volunteer, instead of arguing about it. sounds like we have a good group started that stepped up to the plate for potato creek. i commend them. just my 2 cents. bill :)

Rocket,

I lived in Idaho for several years - I know all about mountain twisties. I've never made it to BC, but I plan to. It looks dang purty in the pichers I dun seed. (Opps, I went south again). I wouldn't be able to make it in '10 - but I promise to cast my dark shadow over Kanadia again one day. There's lots of places I'd like to go, lots of beautiful places to ride - which is why I'm glad this group DOES have ride-in's all over the place. That was the legimate point I was trying to make.

I just hope my sense of humor doesn't get me killed first. How big is this Brian dude? :hurts:

Too bad Red, you wouldn't be able to make it. But the point I had made to Leadwolf by PM was to have a Western International meet in rotation & not to have a week of hard riding, just to get to every International meet & another to get back from it. Which side of the border it is on, is not as much of a concern. I had thought of the Kootneys, as the basics is figured out & can be expanded on. After this Cody meet, with having to change out 2 stators, I am considering bringing the mobile shop to Nelson next year. I hate trailering the scoot, as most that have met me, realize.

BTW: Brian is close to my height & a little lighter than Grandpagak, currently is.

I live in Mountain Home, AR so everyone come to my house and bring your tents. I have 4 acres and we'll have good ole time......

North Arkansas and 6 miles from the MO line.

If we have it there, I will bust my butt to get there! I've been to Mountain Home once, on a 5 day trip to/thru Arkansas. I Loved your town and the area.

Also loved the "World's Best Hamburger" at the Back 40. Ever eat there?

Joe

If we have it there, I will bust my butt to get there! I've been to Mountain Home once, on a 5 day trip to/thru Arkansas. I Loved your town and the area.

Also loved the "World's Best Hamburger" at the Back 40. Ever eat there?

Joe

hope to see you at my meramec state park meet. maybe on that new 3rd gen v-4 venture. i'll settle for cracker barrel in sullivan. :clap2::clap2: :rasberry: