IGNORED

2010 International Rally

Freebird

hope to see you at my meramec state park meet. maybe on that new 3rd gen v-4 venture. i'll settle for cracker barrel in sullivan. :clap2::clap2: :rasberry:

Well, I think you'll probably see me there. But it'll be YOU doing the paying!

I'm more convinced than ever....no 3rd gen Venture with the V4. (but I've been wrong once or twice before).

But, if there is no 3rd Gen, then my 2nd gen will alway be "current"! :rasberry:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hope to see you at my meramec state park meet. maybe on that new 3rd gen v-4 venture. i'll settle for cracker barrel in sullivan. :clap2::clap2: :rasberry:

Oh, almost forgot.....are you going to be able to make our Southern Indiana weekend Oct 2nd-4th??? Will that Wing make it that far? If not, just ride the Kowsucker.

:whistling::rasberry::rasberry::rotf::rotf:

Oh, almost forgot.....are you going to be able to make our Southern Indiana weekend Oct 2nd-4th??? Will that Wing make it that far? If not, just ride the Kowsucker.

:whistling::rasberry::rasberry::rotf::rotf:

did'nt know about it. give me some details. may be to cold for this old fart. i will have to wear a sweater.and an insulated diaper. :depressed: :2133:

Just a thought......:think:

Wouldn't it be neet to have a traveling rally? Think about it, we could plan a route around some of the great lakes. That would incorperate both US and Canada. We could all help each other pack up and leave by 10 am, ride till lunch then ride and see a lot a GREAT seanery on both sides. Travel 200 ish miles a day. Riders could join in anywhere and get out anywhere. Could have camp grounds and motels close by for those that don't camp. Set up camp about 4:00 pm and the riders that wanted to see more of the areas could go on another 2 to 3 hour ride each day if they wanted. Have a couple of days that are supper over the camp fires. Set and swap stories?

If you know the route and know where and when the rest would be there you could call and get reservations and what not ahead of time.

Anyway it is just a thought I had and threw out here.

Bryan

Edited by bryan52577

Wouldn't it be neet to have a traveling rally? Think about it, we could plan a route around some of the great lakes. That would incorperate both US and Canada. We could all help each other pack up and leave by 10 am, ride till lunch then ride and see a lot a GREAT seanery on both sides. Travel 200 ish miles a day. Riders could join in anywhere and get out anywhere. Could have camp grounds and motels close by for those that don't camp. Set up camp about 4:00 pm and the riders that wanted to see more of the areas could go on another 2 to 3 hour ride each day if they wanted. Have a couple of days that are supper over the camp fires. Set and swap stories?

If you know the route and know where and when the rest would be there you could call and get reservations and what not ahead of time.

Bryan

neat idea. heres an idea ive been wanting to do for years, when i was in the cushman scooter thing. ride route 66 across the united states from start to finish. folks could fall in and out along the way and ride as far as they want to. we would have timed motel stops along the way and party at the stops at night. we would break it up in segments of 400 mile or one state each day, and have a person set up the lodging at the end of each segment. people could fall in at each motel stop. folks could schedule the distance according to what would be convenient for them, vacation time etc. what does everyone think of this. it could turn into a new kind of international rally. for those that do not know about route 66, there are lots of state by state web sites and alot of historic things to see. in missouri we have a society that is restoring alot of the old buildings. all the other states are doing this to. i would be glad to set up the missouri segment. i bet buddy would do oklahoma. it could even start in canada. and the canadians could fall in from the start and ride as far as they want and break off and head back home at any time. just a thought. no frills, no raffles just alot of memorable scenic riding. bill :2133:

Bill,

I've suggested this before, too. I still think it's a good idea. But doesn't US 66 start in Dwight, Illinois....................not Canada?

I've also thought a ride around Lake Superior would be fun to do as a group. Or US 2 from end to end.

But again - we digress from the topic ...........

neat idea. heres an idea ive been wanting to do for years, when i was in the cushman scooter thing. ride route 66 across the united states from start to finish.

it could even start in canada. and the canadians could fall in from the start and ride as far as they want and break off and head back home at any time. just a thought. no frills, no raffles just alot of memorable scenic riding. bill :2133:

Bryan

That sounds like a great idea to me too:whistling:

Brian

Pick a spot alrighty....we will likely attend. As long as its not in May, June or September. Kids are still in school for us Canucks.....an May is truly hit and miss the last couple of years!

Black Hills!!!! Wow only a day and a half ride or one day if we really push it. I cant imagine only going that far for a International.

We do like to travel some.

PIP in Sept is our official last meet we attend until we both retire and move someplace warmer for the winter! We wont miss PIP.

We are excited about the mere mention of Potato Creek. That started it all and I even had a bike by then!

this seems to be the same thing that always comes up when planning a meet. we already had some folks step up to the plate to put a meet on at potato creek. if somebody wants to have a meet closer to them. step up to the plate and volunteer. don't always expect some one else to do it. don has the right to make the final decision, and he usually does pretty good. he took alot of things into account when he decided on the 09 rally at the hub. you don't have to live in the area where the meet is. brad lives in michigan and put on the fort collins meet. i live near st. louis mo., and put on the hub meet. if you want a meet in a particular place get off the fence and volunteer, instead of arguing about it. sounds like we have a good group started that stepped up to the plate for potato creek. i commend them. just my 2 cents. bill :)

Thank You Bill, very well said

:thumbsup2:

now the black hills i haven't seen years. rick i hope to make the pip next year. will have to do two weeks of vacation bid. but i did that for the 08 int. rally. next year will hopefully have sarah with me again or new girlfriend. always good to see my canuck brothers & sisters. by the way i have my passports so thers no problem crossing the border.

don c.

Edited by gunboat

My vote would be for Potato Creek.

Fifth Aniversary Home-coming. Back to where the rally's all started for this group.

As we all know, one can make great riding whereever they are.

I may even be able to get there on my bike... if I can keep it on the road and running long enough to get there. Or maybe just show up in the Venture Raner as I ended up doing the first time round.

But this time Don can leave his scissors at home....

If it is going to be Potatop Creek, we need to decide soon so we can reserve all the cabins. Then the rangers won't have to keep coming by to protect the civilians from those other rowdies. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Better get outside and find out why the Virago isn't getting any gas.

My vote would be for Potato Creek.

Fifth Aniversary Home-coming. Back to where the rally's all started for this group.

As we all know, one can make great riding whereever they are.

I may even be able to get there on my bike... if I can keep it on the road and running long enough to get there. Or maybe just show up in the Venture Raner as I ended up doing the first time round.

But this time Don can leave his scissors at home....

If it is going to be Potatop Creek, we need to decide soon so we can reserve all the cabins. Then the rangers won't have to keep coming by to protect the civilians from those other rowdies. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Better get outside and find out why the Virago isn't getting any gas.

Try putting some gas in that hole in the top of the tank.:stirthepot:

BOO

I'm leaning towards Potato Creek also. So should we start talking dates and who to head up the committee?

So the International meets are no longer alternating between the US & Canada, as previously intended????

That is why, I had suggested the Nelson BC meet as it is already in the works, just need to add some things to it.

So the International meets are no longer alternating between the US & Canada, as previously intended????

That is why, I had suggested the Nelson BC meet as it is already in the works, just need to add some things to it.

As far as I remember there was no "original intent" to alternate between the US and Canada. I think the only intent was to hold the gathering somewhere somewhat "central" so that it would allow more people from more places to be able to attend.

As far as I remember there was no "original intent" to alternate between the US and Canada. I think the only intent was to hold the gathering somewhere somewhat "central" so that it would allow more people from more places to be able to attend.

Ok, maybe Black Owl was in error, when he told me that, earlier this week.

As far as I know, there was never any decision made about alternating it between the US and Canada. In fact, I said last year that we might do 2010 here in Ohio. Due to the 5 year anniversary though, I think that Potato Creek is a good choice for this year. No promises but we'll look very closely at Kootney for the following year.

That being said, Potato Creek it is for 2010. Now we need to decide on a date.

Ok, maybe Black Owl was in error, when he told me that, earlier this week.

Unless that was an intent stated after the initial rally in FC. To be honest, the place you suggested is very intriguing to me and I was thinking that would be cool!!

Seems like the first place with local support and people to organize the event wins though... no matter were that is.

Just to keep this interesting, the BIGGEST obstacle is people stepping up to the plate and planning the event. I did it in Colorado, and lost a lot of hair doing it. Owl talked with Reiny Rooster and HalRSV99 and mentioned to them it might be nice in Canada. The Kitchener folks picked up the ball and we had a hell of a time in Kitchener at the '08 International. Bill stepped up and planned Arkansas this year and it was great too.

The big issue is the distances that lie between. I remember when in '06 Lonna and I went to the Susanville rally in California. That was the 1st time one of the east coasters went west for a rally, and thats where the International was born in my head. My objective was to get the east and west together in a spot that roughly was in the center of the country. Like was mentioned, the "International" is just a name, we can and do have alternate rallys all over the countries. I know you boys up in the pacific NW and in BC have a long ride to these things, and you have done great with the Kootenays.

It matters not to me "Where" the International is held, far as I'm concerned Potato Creek can be a regional rally and if the Canadians want to step up and plan the International thats fine. But lets not damper this in the technical aspect of it. To me the 5 year anniversary at PC is pretty important for us as a group. Whether it's the International I really dont care, but if someone wants to step up and make a bid for the IR please do so and lets move on with this

:2cents:

Edited by Squidley