IGNORED

2010 International Rally

Freebird

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a poll up by Squidley which makes it sound like Potato Creek in Indiana, USA is the choice for the IR (at least eastern IR).

Since the IR is only going to be a few hours away from Freebird's, it seems to make sense to me to have the IR the week before or after June 19th (MD).

What do you think?

You are correct Randy, the International is going to be at Potato Creek State Park. The poll is to decide what dates it will be held on, here's the link to the poll.

Just for clarification, there is only 1 place that we pick to be the international each year. This is the one that all our vendors contribute to as having regional IR's would be rude of us as they might feel obligated to donate prizes to 2 rallys. I know some folks want it out west, I can relate to that and would love to head back out that way. Perhaps for the 2011 IR we can start to look at options for moving it westward.

• 8 months later...

I know that it has been a while since I was one, but do they still have a VENTURE RIDER WEST get togther anymore.....for people here on the WEST Coast ?

Bill

Santa Clarita

San Antonio in mid July...:whistling: :rotf:

If we do it at night we'll be alright....:rotf:

I like the idea of the West Coast, Central , and East Coast meets. If somebody is inclined to ride further and go to one of the other meets, then that is fine too. I think that it would probably help get more people to participate in each of the meets, because more people would be inclined to go if it was a little closer for them. I also know that it is hard for some people to get long periods of time off of work to attend something that they have to spend days riding to and from to get to.

Just my 2 cents worth...and I expect change...LOL:rotfl:

Bill

Santa Clarita, CA

My two cents would be (if possible), that the Int'l Rally be centrally located so more folks could attend. Or, have the "East Coast" / "West Coast" idea - and then for the 5th Anniversary have a centrally located one to where we could all come together?

Not sure if my last post went through, but just wanted to say that I agree with Lone Eagle, that I think we would have a larger turn out if the location was more convienent for everyone.

Bill

Santa Clarita, CA

My two cents would be (if possible), that the Int'l Rally be centrally located so more folks could attend. Or, have the "East Coast" / "West Coast" idea - and then for the 5th Anniversary have a centrally located one to where we could all come together?

Bill,

Just for a bit of clarification, here is my take on a west coast IR. Somebody has to step up to the plate and host it, I hosted the one in Ft. Collins CO. in '07. Hal Lackenbauer and a group of the Ontarians hosted the '08 rally in Kitchener Ont. and last year Snarly Bill and several Missouri and Oklahoma folks hosted the '09 rally in Arkansas. This year Leadwolf56 and some of the Indiana boys...and a Texan, are hosting the one in Potato Creek as a 5 year anniversary.

In a long winded approach, somebody has to do a TON of work to make one of these things happen. If any of our West coast members wants to grab that bull by the horns I am all for it. There is an old saying here, plan it and they will come :)