IGNORED

I know the rules....here it is

Squidley

As always if it isn't seen on the site then it's not real....so here is the '89 I purchased in Vermont.

I have to take a minute and thank a few folks here...

Bobgobob, The mufflers cleaned up pretty well and they sound great. Also the master Cylinder and rear reservior work wondrufly, as well as the front brake handle switch, Thanks again for all of it :happy34:

Lonna, now I'll tell you folks something, this little woman of mine is not afaraid to get dirty or break a nail. The bike looks as good as it does because while I was fixing, she was cleaning. It looks fantastic and most of you when you do see it wont believe it has over 100K on it.

Jus monkeyin around, Dave was the one that came and trailer the bike to my house when our trailer puked. He's been over to the house several times and helped me along with it, he's been a really big help with all of this :)

I fianlly took it out today as I am still waiting on forward exhaust clamps, but improvised with hose claps to hear it run :whistling: To my surprise, when I warmed it up and hooked the Carbtune to it, it was almost perfect, just a few little tweaks and level lines were had. I am very happy so far as I know this bike has been setting for awhile. It is VERY smooth running and has LOTS of power, life is good and cycle therapy is just around the corner once I get insurance on her.

Thanks again to all involved with the trip to get her home and the help here in Michigan...looking forward to riding after being without one for 2 month :rant:

Yep, your back right where you belong in the saddle of a 1st Gen. Now dont go lending it out, dont hock it, keep it and you will be one happy biker.........Lonna did an outstanding job on the cleanup, Good looking 1st Gen, just keep it away from Yammer.........:no-no-no:

Great looking ride, Squid. Mine looked a lot like your first two pictures a couple of months ago. I know how good it feels to get it back together. Your garage looks a whole lot better than mine, though! lol

Yep, sure looks blue alright,, be able to see you coming from 5 miles away,, good thing too, for blue has been pro-ported to be fast,,, reeeeally fast,, not as nimble as brown, and maybe a bit slower on the takeoff,, but still fast enough to make some think that they are fast.

Enjoy it Lonna, and make sure he rides it nicely and doesn't get it dirty.

I know where there is a brown one that could be had.

As soon as I get done with this list next week.Warden is going camping with sister and I got all week with "UGLY"

1. Go thru clutch. Bleed and have new pressure plate & Springs

2. Ball studs on side covers

3.Beel all brakes. New fluid.

4. Color Tune

5. Sync carbs

6. Check all brake pads.

7. Grease Speedo and Tach

8. Grease Throttle cables

9. Oil Change

10. New Plug wiring. Only 23k but 24 yrs old. Should I??

11. Change out exhaust chamber.

Get done I might just keep it but I do like that BLUE!!!

Looks good Brad. Lonna's getting pretty familiar with the inner cleanings of those 1st gens, huh.......

You know that I-10 starts out here and goes right through Texas, right? And I still have a bottle of FB left (for christening purposes only). :innocent:

You know that I-10 starts out here and goes right through Texas, right? And I still have a bottle of FB left (for christening purposes only). :innocent:

Yeah...it's a strait shot to Houston, perhaps a little Fat Bastard will be in order

:happy34:

Guest Ken8143

Nice bike Squidley. Beautiful color. Just wait until it gets a bit more faded and then it will be a really fast bike.