IGNORED

How many will buy carb diaphragms

How many set's of 4 would you purchase  

50 members have voted

1. 1. How many set's of 4 would you purchase

I was asked to start a poll per this quote from ReinyRooser:

"to get a handle on how many people would actually be interested in purchasing. I realize it's hard to say without knowing the final price but we need some sort of number si the question is this: IF we can get them at a price that beats anyone else, who's seriously interested? Whatever price I eventually get would be in Canadian dollars. Obviously that price will NOT include shipping, but I'm guessing we can work out something in the shipping....between me getting them to the US and then perhaps delivery through meets & greets or something."

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ReinyRooster

I was of the opinion that we are talking about just the diaphragms. I might look into the whole package price as well when we get down to the final negotiations on prices.

For those less informed, ok for me. Is it pretty much expected that my 86 will eventually need the diaphrams replaced? Are you smart to replace all four once one is found to be damaged (and keep the rest as back ups)? What is a normal price for a diaphram?

Dave

Dave- Most of us have been replacing them as needed, or trying to repair the old diaphragms, due to the price of just one diaphragm assembly via Yamaha. It would be a lot better to replace them new all at once, but getting 4 of them would run over $200 bucks....and up!! If this thing works out for the diaphragms only, I can see initially selling 200-300 sets. There's a bunch of 1stGens out there.... And beside the clutch, it's one of the easiest fixes on the bike....

Jack

Assuming they're a proper substitute and reasonable cost I would be interested in a set. My brother, also a member here, has an '85...would probably go for a set too. Thanks for all the leg work members are your doing.

I've put down for one set - hopefully postage won't be too bad.

BTW - this thread is a 'sticky' now, so there's no point 'bumping' it.

But bumping works for me ... I always use only the "New Posts" Button. I never go into the Sections to view anything.

LOL...but BUMPING is to keep it at the top for those who have NOT seen it. Why do people who have already seen it need to keep it bumped? It will show up as new for those who have not seen it....sorry...I don't understand the "bumping" of a thread that has been stuck either. :confused24: