How many set's of 4 would you purchase  

50 members have voted

1. 1. How many set's of 4 would you purchase

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ReinyRooster

O.K. everybody...PLEASE be patient....I am just getting some final numbers on another supplier for the diaphragm & slider units, but they are a bit slow to email back so I probably need one or two more days. As soon as I have that, I will post all the info I have.

I promise.....real soon!

While we are all waiting for word on the new diaphragms, I felt the need to go off-group and talk to an old-timey Venture Rider... and he gave some wonderful insight to a lot of issues. But the biggest thing for me, as my bike was _down_ due to diaphragm pinholes, was this tip: Take out the offending diaphragms, take a tube of Yamaha Gasket Sealer, put small amount on finger and make a thin coating of the sealer over the holes to seal them up. Let dry and reinstall. He said they had to do that often in the old days, but now even more so as the ethanol in the gas eats the rubber more quickly. So I did it, and BINGO the bike started right up and I road it all over the place today. Good response for a temporary fix.

Will be patient for the word about the possible purchase from our tech thread here.

Thanks everyone!

Larry