IGNORED

well it happened, went down yesterday

hale374

Well I wrecked the RSV yesterday. Truck pulled out in front of me and I had to drop it. Missed the truck, but he drove off anyway. Plenty of witnesses though, but none got a license plate. It tore up the whole right side of the bike. Me, I went over the handle bars and landed on the right side of my helmet and my right shoulder. Stayed alert through the whole thing. I ended up breaking my scapula (shoulder blade) and my number 4 rib. In the process of doing this, it caused me to have a partial collapse of my right lung. Spent the night in the hospital. My lung inflated on its own without surgery, thank goodness and the rest will just take time to heal. Went and checked out the bike today. She fired up, but didn't sound good. It would idle and I could give it some gas, but it sounded a little sick. Just waiting to see what the insurance says about it before making any decisions.

Anyway, stay safe and be alert out there.

Hey Chris,

Both Jean and I were sorry to hear about your accident. We are both very greatful that you were not injured any worse than you were. Please remember that bikes can be repaired, and if it wasn't for you quick reaction time and speedy brake application you could be placing this post from a hospital bed! We are glad this is not the case!

Get Well Soon, :pushups:

Earl and Jean

I'm hatin it for you, man! I too am pleased you came through with no more damage to yourself than you did! Heal well and quickly. I hope things go as well with either repair or replacement of your bike. I especially hope they find and nail the truck driver for his involvement.

I am so sorry man. Laid my 07 RSTD down about 5 weeks ago and I can that I "really feel your pain!" Just don't push it on recovery time and rest when you can :>)

Shep

Well, Any landing you remember and can walk away from sooner or later is a good one. The bike will probably be a total. My 05 had just minor cosmetic damage and they wanted to total it. Geico figure if it was more than 7k damage it was cheaper for them to total it. So went to the dealer and had him just charge for some of the parts and not the labor. I put them on and that made a big difference. Good luck with the shoulder,rib and the bike

Thanks for all the well wishes. State police was pretty pathetic in investigating this accident. Even with the detailed description and only 1 place they went, community college campus, they did nothing. Insurance is being ok so far. They took my sworn statement and said that my collision would cover it, but if the police report ruled it the other vehicles fault, my uninsured motorists coverage would cover it and if they could find out who was driving the truck, I wouldn't have to pay anything. Well I'm sure I'll probably be getting option 2 there, but I will be heading back to that campus this week to find that truck. And as Sleeperhawk said, with my connections I will know who and where this person lives in a matter of minutes. Looks like I'll be doing my own accident investigation.

Too bad it wasnt a motorcycle cop investigating the accident. They tend to take things like this a little more personaly and put greater effort into it. But they unfortunately are for traffic only. They dont really do investigations. Good luck though.