IGNORED

NO Politics

Freebird

Im surprised that there isnt some long response from the Squid yet. You know he has to get his two cents in on this.

:stirthepot::rotf:

Im with you Don, not the place for it. I have alot to say on the subject but not here.

He is waiting til it turns Political so he can zap it!!!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Funny Guys :buttkick:

I'm not going to add anything that Don hasn't said, I have STRONG political views that I dont share here. I also very rarely share them in person, many folks wouldn't like how I would handle the current problems in this country. That being said, the moderators will delete any content, and ban anyone stirring the pot with politcal statements. All the Mods know who the troublemakers are in this area.

We dont get into religion here very much, but politics seem to always creep in. If you want to fight with people about politics, go to their webites and bash eachother to death. Don is one of the fairest people I know, I on the other hand would have banned several members a long time ago. I'm just here to help him keep an eye on it :)

See not that long winded Eddie :rasberry:

Edited by Squidley

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the Mods know who the troublemakers are in this area.

GUILTY AS CHARGED! :crying: However, I really do try not to. Somethimes I even warn that the post is going south and it needs to be cooled. But then that little Devil on my shoulder grabs my fingers and before I know it.:doh:.....well you know the rest. I will try to do better.

TO ALL MEMBERS:

I appologize and I will renew and double my efforts to show restraint. :bang head:

Again, I am sorry.:ignore:

Jay

maybe i see things in too simplistic ways but it seems to me if no one responds to the questionable posts it gets a lot less fun to post them. again, maybe just to simple. thanks for a great site, keep up the good work.

ride safe and be cool , thumper1

Momma told me to not discuss religon or politics, truer statement has never been said !!

I really don't want to know your politics because if you don't agree with me then then I'll think of you different and that may not be a good thing. I've been banned from one site for confronting the other side (in less than nice ways ) and what I like about this site is there is no politcal discussion. I SAY KEEP IT THAT WAY

Wayne,

There are a number of ways to ban a person and I use them all. I had posted here about some of those options but was reminded by a caring member that it may be best to not reveal everything. I think he is right. :)

AmnChode,

Hi back. :)

I totally agree, that's why I didn't get too deep into the IP thing. :-)

It's really unfortunate that these types of posts have continued to be a necessity. I may not be one of the top posters here, but I'm always lurking, and like everyone else I really enjoy being a member here and reading what everyone has to say. As a majority, the people here are great (most of whom I've never met), and I hate to see arguments and flame-wars start because someone voices some opinion just to push someone else's buttons.

With the economy in the state it's in, I know a lot of people are feeling the crunch. Here in the town where I live, jobs are being cut left and right, and in no small numbers. My father has fallen victim to them already. So I know with that, combined with a newly elected president, opinions and emotions run high.

However, I also know that I, like many other members, come here to socialize with a great group of people, and get away from all the stresses that flood our normal days. Starting political debates, or any debates for that matter, that lead to flared tempers end up dragging things down for everyone involved.

I don't like to talk about work on my lunch break, and I don't like to get into fights with friends over trivial matters. Don, you have my support 100%.

I am a relative newcomer to this site. I have found it to be a wealth of knowledge and a great place to meet good people who share the joy of riding and talking about our great motorcycles. It is a shame that a few "bad apples" would try to spoil it for the rest of us.

Don, you keep up the good work. It is greatly appreciated by all the quality members of this forum.

I say next election we elect Don for prez, Squid for VP, Lowell for Secretary of State, Beer30 for the Chairman of Entertainment, Yama Mama for welcoming the foreign dignitaries/toga party hostess and Mini for CIA director...........:fingers crossed:

Sorry were too honest to do that....but thanks for your support

:thumbsup2:

I say next election we elect Don for prez, Squid for VP, Lowell for Secretary of State, Beer30 for the Chairman of Entertainment, Yama Mama for welcoming the foreign dignitaries/toga party hostess and Mini for CIA director...........:fingers crossed:

Ruffy, Mini should be Secretary of Defence

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=3378&d=1195349345

Don you gotta do what you gotta do............my only question is, how in the world do you read every post and still find time for the wife,your son, your job, and anything else you might want to do....:starz:.....like sleep.

i have often wondered that myself!! keep up the good work Don..

• 4 weeks later...

:scratchchin::scratchchin::scratchchin:

:sign just kidding:

yeah, let's stick to non-confrontational topics such as synthetic oil and car tires on bikes!!!

Would I be allowed to state the truth that burgandy is faster then blue or would Yammer take that as confrontational. Just want to know were the boundry's are.

Don I,m behind you all the way :thumbsup:

Edited by saddlebum

Apparently some folks are going to simply refuse to make any attempt to abide by the few requests that we have here. Go back and read the first post and decide if you wish to remain a part of this group. If you wonder if I'm talking about you them I probably am.

Freebird thanks for deleting both posts mine and the thinly vailed attempt to be funny

about not being political. all ilk should be banned here because if one is allowed to stand i'll probably be the one banned cause I will confront the other side no matter the outcome.

The confrontations are what we don't need. If anybody has a problem with anybody else, why do they feel that they need to have a public battle over it? If you or anybody else just feels that they absolutely must get in a confrontation, take it to email or whatever. This is not the place for it. PLEASE!