IGNORED

Sad day for Ventureriders...........

DragonRider

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To Darrells family, our hearts and prayers go out to you, to be gone so quick after finding out he was sick. At least he is not suffering through the disease anymore. Ride on brother, ride on!

To MikeM, sorry to hear of your dad passing. Mine has been gone 13 years now, still find myself telling him stuff and asking questions......

Dan

Really sorry to hear this .We had just prayed for him last night before we saw this news.Met darrell a couple of times and he was so full of life and a great guy to talk to. He will be surely missed.

RIP till we ride again down the road :337:

For those of you that never had the opportunity to meet Darrell, you missed a very good man. He always had a smile and was quick to crack a joke. It saddens me deeply that Darrell has been called back home, albiet with our creator, still our loss is felt.

Darrell, may the winds be at your back and the sunshine on your face...you will be missed my friend.

On another side note, Darrell was the president of the MTA (motorcycle touring association) and the 1st Canadian to hold that spot. This truly is a huge loss for the riding community.

A couple of years ago I went off to a nearby city to meet a total stranger called Maddabber. I had $50 in my pocket hoping to claim a 1st gen air scoop he owned. It would replace the one I split open that summer hitting a retread. What I remember most about that day was meeting one of the sincerest, warmest, friendliest, quiet mannered, generous dudes ever to grace the seat of a 1st gen, Darrell Steuer, the true embodiment of the spirit behind ventureriders.org. After our visit, he said "no charge, just take it".

Ride on, Darrell. May your spirit stay with us all...always.

Don't know what to say, totally at loss for words,, but my heart bleeds for the family, for the little time I knew him, I will miss him, so that will be much greater the more you knew him. May God bless you with comfort, and sustain you through His grace.

We heard the news last night and was saddened indeed, but know that he is in a much better place now. Our prayers for the family dealing with this difficult time. I was glad to have had the chance to meet him in person and only wish we could have got to know him a little better. RIP Darrell.

Sorry to hear the news. Never got to meet him or his family, but he/they are Ventureriders so they are family. Our prayers go out to his family. We know he is in a better place and pain free now, and he is waiting on his family and Ventureriders to be with him again.

Don and Linda Hiltabidle

Condolences to the family from my family!!!!

Just remembered meeting and ridding with him and a couple other bike people before I joined up on this site. They left London and met me in Woodstock and had a ride around here to Brantford where we ate and discussed riding and possible joining up to the group. He seemed to be a very good person and very easy to speak to. He will be missed .

Edited by sleepy2
hadn't remembered name for sure

Guest Lightnen

Would like to send my condolences to Darrels family. I only knew Darrel for a few months but he made us feel warm and welcomed into his midst.. Ride on brother will catch up to ya when I can..

It is with great sadness that I must inform you of the peaceful passing of our dearest friend & MTA International President, Darrell Steuer (Dabber to some Maddabber to others), on Saturday January 24, 2009 at 7;20am.

He fought a brave battle against the cancer and remained strong and positive throughout.

Darrell has been a key force in rebuilding our International club and each and everyone of us has been touched by his presence, his humour, his strong beliefs, his dedication, his determination and his love for motorcycling and the MTA.

Darrell was a people person and he loved life.

Each of us hold fond memories of time spent with him.

He will be sorely missed by one and all.

Ride Free Dear Friend!!!!!!

Bruce Pooler

President of MTA Ontario Chapter 1

MTA Life Member

p.s. There will be more information available at a later date.