IGNORED

Pocket carry

tufftom4

I pocket carry down here in FL because inside the waist band is hot and sweaty and I love my .380 and as many of you know I have many caliber guns but for everyday use I pocket carry but it is not for everyone but you have to watch till the end.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I generally carry a S&W 9mm in the trunk of the RSV when on the road. It goes into into the motel room with me at night. Here in Kalifornication to carry concealed you'll need a CCW permit issued by the local County Sheriff, whether carried in the waste band or some type of big pocket pants, and the gun needs to be registered to the CCW at the time of issue. It's not the case of thinking 'what should I carry today??'... The title of the video got me going, and I thought it would be interesting to see what they came up with that made a gun legal. IT turned out to be a lengthy discussion on what type of cargo shorts to buy and screwing around with half a dozen mouse autos that would be OK to fit in that pocket that will take half a Yak. So it was boring as all get out. Not one of Hickocks better videos... IMHO... Zzzzzz!

Sounds like California tries to make things hard. Our CCW is just that, any gun you own, brass knuckles, switch blades, you name it. The person is licensed not the weapon. I usually ankle carry a snub 357 or shoulder rig a 380 or 9mm on the bike. I work around too much moving equipment to wear cargo pants or loose clothes, my shop is full of those machines you see sucking in people in the movies. It does happen and I'm too attached to my body parts to wear loose stuff.

Thanks for the info Tom, I have been looking around for something to carry in my vest when riding and in my pocket when not. my 9mm Ruger is just to heavy and my 22cal American Arms is a little small but very trust worthy so I am looking at maybe something in the .380 cal. Thanks again good information

I've been using a Colt A90 Pocket 9, bought new some 20 years ago and carry regularly. It was the smallest frame that I could find that fired a 9mm+ It's tricky to take to the range, it's just too small for my hand but in a pinch quite concealable. It's actually a damn nicely made piece, don't see as I'll ever get rid of it.

So spending many years in southwest Oklahoma I pose a question. Why even conceal carry. Just side ar holster the dang thing. Then it aint hidden. Shouldn't require any kind of special licence. OOPs then the government couldnt get their $$ Just so many years out there it was not uncommon to see a fellow walk in McDonald's with a side arm, or most places. Only place I remember having rules on it was court house and banks.

I don't open carry because it makes people nervous. Besides, if a nutcase every did try to shoot up the area you are in, who do you think he would shoot first? I don't want anyone to know I have a weapon until it's too late for them.

I don't open carry because it makes people nervous. Besides, if a nutcase every did try to shoot up the area you are in, who do you think he would shoot first? I don't want anyone to know I have a weapon until it's too late for them.

I was taught to never open carry because if someone were looking to rob someone it would be you because they were concealed and would draw on you before you could get to your weapon then take the weapon and all of your belongings.

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that:

We have a local around here that insists on open carry because he legally can. He has been robbed while open carrying 3 times that I know of and has therefor added 3 of his weapons to the local crime rings.

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that:

Another example: around these parts when I was much younger, Easy Rider Rifle Racks were very common. For those not exposed to such a time in life, that is a gun rack that we would mount across the back window of our old pick up trucks and open carry our long guns every where we went.. That practice went out of being cool as more and more folks around here lost guns because of the simpleness for a person with no self respect to bust a window and grab a gun. Personally, I LOVE traveling the West where that practice and side arm open carry is still common (pretty cool to walk into a Walmart and see people walking around with shooters on their hips IMHO). While I know thats a little to American for some lop eared varmints, I personally enjoy being around it but yea, times have changed and I gotta agree with ya'll on this..

Just so many years out there it was not uncommon to see a fellow walk in McDonald's with a side arm, or most places.

A couple of years ago I saw a guy at the grocery store with a big cowboy six shooter in a holster - seemed to be creating a bit of concern with the other customers as he moved through the store. No idea what or if they were thinking, but their reaction is exactly why I keep my 380 in my pocket. I bought a couple of pistol holders made out of very thin plastic (I forget the manufacturer's name) which simply keep the pistol oriented muzzle down so that it is easy to grab inside of a pocket. If you don't hold it in any way, it tends to go upside down and is hard to get into your hand.

zag

I never even heard of a pocket holster until now. I googled it and there is a boatload of then to choose from. They even make different ones depending on which pocket you plan to use and even what type of pants you will wear.

Enter shopping mode..........:mo money:

I never even heard of a pocket holster until now. I googled it and there is a boatload of then to choose from. They even make different ones depending on which pocket you plan to use and even what type of pants you will wear.

I would recommend ones that are as thin as possible if you want to minimize what you feel. I have two - one of them is flat and intended for a back pocket, the other one has a curve and is intended for a side pocket. The plastic ones are also quite easy to reshape using a heat gun if you want to change the general shape.

zag

After months of carrying my Ruger LCP .380 in my pocket with a loaded magazine, it was covered with lint. I was wondering if it would fire reliably like that without cleaning or lubing it. I was also wondering if the magazine spring was still strong enough to load reliably. So I took it to a firing range and it fired every round of several magazines without a hickup. Good little handgun.

Edited by BlueSky

Thanks for the info Tom, I have been looking around for something to carry in my vest when riding and in my pocket when not. my 9mm Ruger is just to heavy and my 22cal American Arms is a little small but very trust worthy so I am looking at maybe something in the .380 cal. Thanks again good information

I have had very good service from a Bersa thunder .380 and have also purchased a Bersa hi cap double stack .380. A very reliable weapon with life of original purchaser warranty. The thunder I kept in my pistol pocket of my riding jacket over my heart. Not riding anymore, except for tractors, but the Bersa is still a very good weapon. And I still carry in my pocket.

:farmer:

I use sticky holsters you can use them in the pocket or waistband.

I've been happy with my Glock 42. It's the only 380 that Glock has, and I couldn't be happier. Small enough to carry anywhere, even in a pocket of cargo shorts, but still pack enough power to provide protection. If you're looking for something to carry, Look into the Glock 42, or 43 if you prefer 9mm.

Got my pocket holster at walmart of all places and it perfect for cargo shorts or jean pockets... CHEAP and convenient!!!

Never open carry for many reasons:

1) too many incidences someone has had their gun taken

2) you'll be first to get shot

3) you'll lose your element of surprise

When you're carrying a pocket pistol, you'll probably out gunned anyway, element of surprise is your greatest advantage