IGNORED

I am in high demand now that I am retired!

Sylvester

I have been invited to the BILTMORE Gun Club to shoot clays tomorrow. You know I kinda feel special. :dancefool: Think I will change my last name to Vanderbilt. Then move into my home in Asheville.

:farmer:

well if you're taking up that sport.... there goes your pension! :mo money: :mo money:damhikt!

The first month after I retired I worked harder than ever to catch up on everything..... Then I realized heck I have the rest of my life too get caught up. Now that I'm passed the rookie stage of being retired there is just, " Living the Dream Left".:thumbsup2:

I retired last year, the first of May , and started digging out for a garage slab in June and poured the slab in July and the garage was put up and finished by the middle of August. Early this spring I was given a mobile home if I had it moved. I have it setting in the yard and will set it up above the one we are living in the spring when it dries out a bit. Then the real work will start. I plan to build a new home where my older mobile home is now then remove both trailers.

A guy shouldn't tell anyone that you are retired the work load builds because you're not doing anything.

For a fact! Don't even tell your kids.

People will say, Oh call (_____), he is retired and doing nothing. It will give him something meaningful to do. Hell, I retired completely in 2012, I am still trying to catch up on stuff at our house. Those crazy motorcycle trips keep getting in the way. Of course I have to support the doctors.

How did I have time to work?

I thought retirement was going to be relaxing. Last year when I got back from Freebird's MD, my old job called me back to fill in for one guy that went on vacation and help train the guy that took my position. Then the wife hade me painting and cleaning everything around the house that was not moving or breathing, a friend a few blocks away asked me to build her a bar for here pool area and just last week a business owner I have known for about 20 years asked me to come and help him out because he had to fire his final assembly person and has product that needs to be completed and delivered, so I am going back to work for a while starting Monday. Someday I will get to retire and travel a bit.

DECKS!!!

The First Call came in about three weeks after we signed off.

That was 1990. If we started counting the 'Friends' who 'needed a LITTLE help building their New Deck, or reno'ing their Old Deck, we'd need an adding machine.

Best advice: when you Retire... MOVE! FAR AWAY. We eventually did. Anybody need a buncha T-Shirts?

Rgds, WRIDR

I retired two years ago, built a new house and parked my sailboat in the local marina, one mile from my driveway. Ahhh, I finally got to paradise !!! It never occurred to me that our "new" home would need so much work. I thought it would be just a few boat projects time-to-time. It is ! Plus the home repairs, need a new tile floor in the kitchen because the contractor screwed it up, plus landscapeing because my wife needs help with all the new shrubs and such, constant lawn care and so forth. Plus the marina got damaged in the latest hurricane and I got a job putting that back together as project manager. Then I decided to restore a 35 year old Yamaha Venture Royale and repair some Kenwood Ham Radios. I hope to find a doctor who will prescribe bedrest soon. This retirement is gonna kill me !

I actually did pretty good at the Gun Club. I took my camo Remington 870 with a 26" barrel and a a modified choke. Showed up and introduced myself with my friend who invited me. Originally I thought it was trap shooting since we have done a lot of that in the past together. Before I left for Asheville he informed me that it was sporting clays therefore the barrel and choke. Never saw so many high dollar shotguns in one place before. I saw 30's models Churchills, Merkels, and modern Brownings Berretas and others. I made a decent showing for American made firearms.

I actually did pretty good at the Gun Club. I took my camo Remington 870 with a 26" barrel and a a modified choke. Showed up and introduced myself with my friend who invited me. Originally I thought it was trap shooting since we have done a lot of that in the past together. Before I left for Asheville he informed me that it was sporting clays therefore the barrel and choke. Never saw so many high dollar shotguns in one place before. I saw 30's models Churchills, Merkels, and modern Brownings Berretas and others. I made a decent showing for American made firearms.

A buddy of mine and his son have both won plenty of shoots with the good ol' 870. The shooter is the important part of that equation.

A buddy of mine and his son have both won plenty of shoots with the good ol' 870. The shooter is the important part of that equation.

You'd be surprised at how many trap or clays shooters have never even patterned their expensive Ceasar Guerini or Benneli. I regularly out shoot some very nice, high end trap guns with a mid level Browning BT-99.