IGNORED

Just about too hot for fun....

Venturous Randy

or anything else. Our normal high temp for this time of year, here in NE TN with mountains all around us, is about 85 degrees. We were at about 95 degrees today with hotter temps due for the weekend. I know that a lot of you are having hotter temps, but for around here, this is hot and we are not used to it.

It is so hot that even the Miata is not fun to ride around in. :scorched:

Randy

I am in South GA, 98-100+ close to 100 percent humidity. not a lot of fun to ride in

This morning it was 78 deg and 97 percent humidity

my saving grace is when all the folks up North are winterizing their bike it is perfect riding weather here

Had to make a 200 mile trip yesterday, elderly uncle can't won't get on the bike. Secretly I was happy to take the car with AC. A large very windy storm with heavy rain didn't change my mind about that decision....

She's pretty hot even up nort. Was making a set of G2 lift adaptors in the shed about noon. Lets just say I wasn't worried about sparks starting my clothing on fire.

or anything else. Our normal high temp for this time of year, here in NE TN with mountains all around us, is about 85 degrees. We were at about 95 degrees today with hotter temps due for the weekend. I know that a lot of you are having hotter temps, but for around here, this is hot and we are not used to it.

It is so hot that even the Miata is not fun to ride around in. :scorched:

Randy

The other problem here, someone made it against the law to ride naked..... much cooler naked LOL :group cheers::dancefool::Bunny2:

Same problem here.

You can only take off so much clothing and then you get arrested.

May have to go find an all nude beach to cool off at................:moon:

I have never handled heat well, but since my heart issues and the meds that I am on I really am intolerant of heat. anything above 85 is hot to even ride the bike the 21 miles to/from work.

Same problem here.

You can only take off so much clothing and then you get arrested.

May have to go find an all nude beach to cool off at................:moon:

I have never handled heat well, but since my heart issues and the meds that I am on I really am intolerant of heat. anything above 85 is hot to even ride the bike the 21 miles to/from work.

some of those meds do not like you being in the sun either. you have to watch that too.

LOL to funny. that is not for the big guy

You should got to Myrtle Beach on Memorial Day weekend. Lots of sport bike riders there with their overweight girl friends on the back thong bikini and all. So, hundreds of sport bikes everywhere with big bare butts sticking up in the air. It's quite a sight.

Hearing ya loud and clear Randy - was like living in a terrarium here Saturday with major heat and humidity for our Hot Dog Party - then it rained buckets last night and cooled off some - then it was still raining a little around noon yesterday but below 85 - then another Southern warm front came in from the West later today carrying more mugginess that it somehow found on while visiting the South - now its back to being a warm sticky night that actually feels warmer than it was at noon... Funky weathers got me all, as Yammer would say, cornfused :big-grin-emoticon:

The heat and humidity, especially after a short rain reminds me of when I was in Ubon, Thailand in 1972 in the Air Force. This was during the monsoon season and it rained and rained and did not cool off at all. When the sun did pop out, the moisture drawn up off the flightline concrete was like a low fog.

It was interesting to see the new troops as they would have on their rain gear(we could not use an umbrella while in uniform), where as the seasoned troops just learned to work in the rain. We did have to keep our tool boxes closed so they would not fill with water. I also remember having a bucket with some cool water in it so when the sun was out and I reached for a tool, I would drop it in the water so it would be cool enough to handle.

Now, if it is too hot, I just come in and take a nap.

Randy

Here too. It's a bit warm for me to ride during day anymore. Seems the ole built in AC system doesn't work as well as it used to. :scorched:

So I ride early morning in GV... Or after 9pm in Phoenix area. Supposed to ride tonight out to Bartlett Lake. Not sure if I'll make it. Thunderbumppers to the northeast... May work their way southwest. :rain2: Besides, I'm tired! @Van River kept me yakking during lunch... about wore me out. Smart man that Van River! (Kidding.... :beer:Had a good lunch with James! Got to see Azzi, her Honda cousin and a near new 1300 motor...ready for V Max conversion!!) Great day! Thanks for lunch, James!!! And thanks for the SuperBrace. Pat thanks you for getting the windshields out of her house!!:cool10:

It was hot here yesterday 98* 108 heat index. I had to work in the shop changing a tire and adding a throttle lock and power port on a friends bike. I will say this. I hate changing 240 low profile tires. It just about kicked this old butt but I got it done so he can go to Georgia on it this Thursday.

Hey all. I have many stupid daytime rides through the Mojave desert in the summer time. Buy a 10 pound bag of ice and stick it in your jacket. You can ride all day at 100 degrees and feel comfortable enough. It isn't ac but close. Friends it works for the rider and pillion too.

VentureFar...

I'm with ya. I did 15 hours on the roof of a truckstop replacing 5 rooftop A/C units yesterday. People in the store complaining about it being too hot inside....I wanted to tell them ....."Get your A$$ on the roof for a while and see how ya like it up there".

Couldn't leave until all 5 of the new units were up and running.

Why they wanted to do a job like that in late July is a mystery to me.

Still recovering from that job. :scorched:

I'm with ya. I did 15 hours on the roof of a truckstop replacing 5 rooftop A/C units yesterday. People in the store complaining about it being too hot inside....I wanted to tell them ....."Get your A$$ on the roof for a while and see how ya like it up there".

Couldn't leave until all 5 of the new units were up and running.

Why they wanted to do a job like that in late July is a mystery to me.

Still recovering from that job. :scorched:

And those complaining wouldn't and couldn't touch your job!!! Reminds me of mine. Lot different but Everybody wants to complain about how we treat convicts but nobody wants to do it!! At least we had A/C at the new prison. Sometimes....:backinmyday:

convicts got it TOO good. I like the Sheriff in Az that makes them guys live in some of the same conditions we did in Desert Storm. Tents

Yeah but that A/C sure was nice after the Old Prison that had temps as high as 125 on top floor. Dealing with those A******* at 125 ain't much fun.