IGNORED

Lost my Dad this week.

spear

My Dad had been unwell for a couple of weeks, and the prognosis was not good. He was 88 - 32,468 days old.

I had an hour or so with him only hours prior to his passing away, although he did not know I was there. One of my brothers was with him when he died - peacefully and painlessly.

Dad was a biker most of his life, buying a WLA42 after WW2 and when he retired at 70 he started filling his 'bucket list' and bought another Harley.

The funeral service is this Saturday and it will be a family affair. My sister is a civil celebrant and will be doing the service for us. My brothers and I will be doing readings and supporting our Mum. Dad will be cremated and when Mum dies we will include Dad's ashes in her casket.

Sixty years is a long time to know somebody, but as a friend said today - who lost her Dad when she was 12 - you had 48 years with your Dad longer than I did. How true.

Dad was a watchmaker by trade, and I am including this in his service. Very apt I think.

The clock of life is wound but once,

And no man has the power

To tell just when the hands will stop

At late or early hour.

To lose one's wealth is sad indeed,

To lose one's health is more,

To lose one's soul is such a loss

That no man can restore.

The present only is our own,

So Live, Love, toil with a will --

Place no faith in 'Tomorrow' --

For the clock may then be still.

Edited by spear

I remember when my dad passed 17 years ago, I was able to see him the last moment of consciousness he had (a carotid vessel blew apart in his neck....) and the wife and I were with him when he passed a few days later, a good feeling for us.....

I know how you feel and am with you in spirit

at the loss of your father...it is really difficult to lose a parent. We all know it is likely to occur, but nothing can truly prepare you for the time. God bless your father, and grant you the strength to get through this tough time in your life.

Prayers for you.

I also lost my dad when I was 12. it hurts everyday and I am now 40.

I do know one thing though, I spend every minute with my daughter telling her how I love her and how much she means to me, because one day she will wake up and i to will be gone. I want her from then on to know in her heart that there wasnt a day went by that I didnt tell her I loved her or how much she meant to me.