User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 29 of 29

Thread: Bummer

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Dexter
    Posts
    15,841
    United States
    KY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Bummer

    Saddlebum, I gave all my useful(???) advice to Jim on the shoulder. I don't have any experience with major knee injuries so all I can say is good luck and heal well. See ya up the road.
    Faded Blue is the fastest.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,339
    Earthling
    ON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Bummer

    Sorry to hear about your injury, Ben. Hope itís not too bad, and heals fast.

    abdul.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Burlington, ON
    Posts
    4,793
    Canada
    ON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Bummer

    Went to the doctor yesterday and so far sounds not bad. He seems to think that despite the fact that I've had on going knee issues, that it may still heal up to the point where I should not have any problems with the function of it other than some on going pain annd discomfort, which is fine since my I have been putting up with knee pain for some years now anyway, as long as I have my mobility. Time will tell I guess. I know knee replacement is a very likely hood down the road, since they have been deteriating for some years now, but no point in rushing it.
    I AM A DRINKER OF THE WIND Hidden Content

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Burlington, ON
    Posts
    4,793
    Canada
    ON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Bummer

    Quote Originally Posted by RDawson View Post
    Saddlebum, I gave all my useful(???) advice to Jim on the shoulder. I don't have any experience with major knee injuries so all I can say is good luck and heal well. See ya up the road.
    I may take you up on that since my shoulder crapped out too. I took bad fall some months back when one of the techs left an air brake drum right in front of the store room door. Not seeing it because I was carring something I tripped and fell and may have shifted my collarbone. For long time I could do nothing with my right arm. I'm getting an ultrasound in January to check that out.
    I AM A DRINKER OF THE WIND Hidden Content

  5. #20
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    665
    United States
    NY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Bummer

    Thanks Ron, for the info. I have two recliners that will fit the bill nicely and are situated right in front of the TV in our family room. Now, if I can get my wife to deliver the beer to me, I won't have to leave the chair at all!! (wishful thinking, methinks!) Anyway, after another meeting with the surgeon today, I was told they are going to work on my clavicle joint (lateral end) also. It seems arthritis is rearing it's ugly head. After hearing your experience, I am beginning to feel that rehab will be shorter than the Dr's are telling me. And that is good. One way or another I will be riding next summer. Thanks for telling me about your experience.

    Jim

    And, Ben, sorry for hijacking your thread.
    Life is too short to drink bad wine.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Brantford
    Posts
    9,343
    Canada
    ON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Bummer

    Sounds to me like you guys are all getting old,,, glad I can still be around to look after you all.
    Have you decided to come yet?
    Register soon!!
    716.778.8568
    Rally@the Shores
    July 16-19th 2020


  7. Likes Dano, Patch, videoarizona liked this post
  8. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Burlington, ON
    Posts
    4,793
    Canada
    ON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Bummer

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayceesfolly View Post
    Thanks Ron, for the info. I have two recliners that will fit the bill nicely and are situated right in front of the TV in our family room. Now, if I can get my wife to deliver the beer to me, I won't have to leave the chair at all!! (wishful thinking, methinks!) Anyway, after another meeting with the surgeon today, I was told they are going to work on my clavicle joint (lateral end) also. It seems arthritis is rearing it's ugly head. After hearing your experience, I am beginning to feel that rehab will be shorter than the Dr's are telling me. And that is good. One way or another I will be riding next summer. Thanks for telling me about your experience.

    Jim

    And, Ben, sorry for hijacking your thread.
    No worries Jim. Never can tell what usefull info falls out of a hijack'n.
    I AM A DRINKER OF THE WIND Hidden Content

  9. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Burlington, ON
    Posts
    4,793
    Canada
    ON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Bummer

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcarl View Post
    Sounds to me like you guys are all getting old,,, glad I can still be around to look after you all.
    Dr told me premature disinagration of bone material from too much exposure to sound level decibals of certian frequencies. Told me most probable source would be standing in front of someone with a pension towards speechafying. Said I best stand behind you from now on, instead of facing you. Heck I was surprised he even knew you.
    I AM A DRINKER OF THE WIND Hidden Content

  10. Likes chabicheka, BIG TOM, Dano, Patch liked this post
  11. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Dexter
    Posts
    15,841
    United States
    KY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Bummer

    Well Ben and Jim how are y'all making out now, haven't seen any updates so I hope all is well.
    Faded Blue is the fastest.

  12. Likes cecdoo liked this post
  13. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Burlington, ON
    Posts
    4,793
    Canada
    ON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Bummer

    Quote Originally Posted by RDawson View Post
    Well Ben and Jim how are y'all making out now, haven't seen any updates so I hope all is well.
    Some days it feels like it might be improving and other days just not so sure. Thanks for asking. Oddly enough it hurts the worst at night when I am laying down trying to sleep.
    I AM A DRINKER OF THE WIND Hidden Content

  14. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,147
    Canada
    AB
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Bummer

    Quote Originally Posted by saddlebum View Post
    Dr told me premature disinagration of bone material from too much exposure to sound level decibals of certian frequencies. Told me most probable source would be standing in front of someone with a pension towards speechafying. Said I best stand behind you from now on, instead of facing you. Heck I was surprised he even knew you.

    Way too funny


    As I've mention in past posts I had an encounter with a misplaced fire hydrant lots of years ago.

    A couple years back my knee just started kicking out without warning when turning to my left, my shin and all attached would head outward away from the direction of my thigh. I went to my chiro and started laser and ultrasound treatments. By the fourth one I began feeling the effort was paying off and after 6 my leg staid firm, 2 more treatments and at least 3 years later all is still well other than the meniscus which from time to time starts up; which he said could also be treated.

    Here in AB the cost came in at $840. with no down time!

    Come to think of it now, I also had these treatments on my elbow in 06ish still holding up fine.

  15. Likes saddlebum liked this post
  16. #27
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    665
    United States
    NY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Bummer

    Ron:

    My shoulder operation scheduled for last week was canceled because I came down with bronchitis. It has not been re-scheduled and if it is re-scheduled, it may be into March, according to one of the surgeons' secretaries. That is not going to work as far as I am concerned. The rehab for that may interfere with my camping and riding this coming summer. The surgeon said it may take 4 to 5 months for rehab. He is worried about handling a 800 lb. bike. He is a bike rider also (Harley) so he is familiar with picking up a fallen bike, etc.. So, I have a meeting set up for the end of the month to discuss options or putting off the surgery until next Fall. I will know more by the end of the month.

    Jim
    Life is too short to drink bad wine.

  17. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Dexter
    Posts
    15,841
    United States
    KY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Bummer

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayceesfolly View Post
    Ron:

    My shoulder operation scheduled for last week was canceled because I came down with bronchitis. It has not been re-scheduled and if it is re-scheduled, it may be into March, according to one of the surgeons' secretaries. That is not going to work as far as I am concerned. The rehab for that may interfere with my camping and riding this coming summer. The surgeon said it may take 4 to 5 months for rehab. He is worried about handling a 800 lb. bike. He is a bike rider also (Harley) so he is familiar with picking up a fallen bike, etc.. So, I have a meeting set up for the end of the month to discuss options or putting off the surgery until next Fall. I will know more by the end of the month.

    Jim
    Like I said before no two are the same. Doc gave me 3 months for what I had done. I told him when we scheduled surgery for March 5th that I was riding to Don's in June and he gave me the ok. Your surgery sounds different than mine with 4-5 months. The one thing we did NOT discuss was picking up a down bike, I'm a glass half full guy. Putting mine off wasn't an option, I couldn't retire yet and couldn't work through the pain anymore.
    Good luck with it.
    Faded Blue is the fastest.

  18. #29
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    665
    United States
    NY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Bummer

    Ron:

    The Surgeon said he was erring on the side of safety plus they are separating both shoulder joints (on the right side) to remove arthritis. I also am taking Tylenol on almost a daily basis, especially on days that I do physical labor (yard work, etc.), plus I need to take them to sleep at night. I have a total tear and the arthritis just complicates the problem.
    I understand your comment about the physical demands of your job because I was a volunteer firefighter for 30 years before retiring. I began in 1964 and retired in 1997. I still miss it.

    Jim
    Life is too short to drink bad wine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. bummer, we ll sortof...
    By midnightrider1300 in forum Watering Hole
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-20-2014, 08:55 PM
  2. What a bummer
    By kbran in forum Watering Hole
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-12-2010, 09:45 PM
  3. Bummer before the Blueridge.
    By Moparlvr4406 in forum Watering Hole
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-03-2009, 09:08 PM
  4. Bummer warped rotor
    By Locomotive in forum Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-07-2009, 10:52 AM
  5. Bummer
    By BradT in forum Watering Hole
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-20-2008, 06:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •