IGNORED

Some folks are just idiots

Freebird

We are staying at a hotel in Parkersburg, WV. Yesterday morning I went out to the bike to find that somebody had keyed the top of my right saddlebag. Bad scratch about 4 or 5 inches long right across the top. Definitely too deep to polish out. :( Nine years of owning this bike and have managed to keep it pretty much scratch free the entire time. Really ticks me off.

So, I guess I'll be looking for a new top of the bag and if I can't find one at a reasonable price, may just put the leather covers over them. I hope I can find one though. I know I could have it repaired but don't know that they would ever match the paint to my satisfaction.

Sorry to hear of this Boss. Who knows what motivates someone to do this stuff. Jealousy, revenge, or just plain idiots. Within a month of owning my new Kia it too received a keyed scratch about half the length of the car. And this happened in front of the sons house just after dark. Sure does tick ya off. And of course no one saw anything either.

As to your bike before going with the leather tops why not try doing a paint match thru a reputable bodyshop. When I had my trike body painted they tried first matching the bikes paint localy. No go there so they they ordered paint thru Color-Rite. This then came out as a pefect match.

Larry

Don,

That sucks... If you would like, I'd be glad to try to find a Sherwill Williams A-Plus Body Shop in your area. They should be able to repair and blend to satisfy. If I can help, let me know..

DJ

I was going to ask about the cover as well. It possibly wouldn't have kept someone from doing it but it could have deterred them, who knows. I always cover mine when it's outside.

That being said, I know how people can dwell on things like this and it can just take the joy out of the rest of the day or week. I'm sure you'll get a solution figured out when you get back home and I hope that you don't dwell on it and let it ruin the day or the rest of your vacation!!

Idiots is waayyy to tame a word to use for bags of skin that do that type of thing to other person posessions. I do not call them people cause I dont think they are civilized enough to give them that designation.

Brian:2cents:

That sucks big time... I feel for ya Don. A couple months or so back there was a "keying rampage" going on around here. Some idiot(s) were keying hundreds of cars in various parking lots. The insurance co was going nuts, not to mention the body shops. Take a relatively new vehicle (or any vehicle for that matter), key it along the side...front fender, doors, rear fender... that adds up to a lot of bucks to repair! Someone finally caught the jerk doing it and attacked him... beat him up some before the cops arrived LOL (well, that's the story I heard...hope it's true). I tell ya, if I came across some punk doing that, I think the cops would find him in the emerg!

Guest Highway

Lets start a Venture Riders hit team... We will track down the bad guys and put regular gas in their (American made bikes). That should show them we mean business. Sorry about your bad experiance Freebird, that would really tick me off.

:322::Avatars_Gee_George::Avatars_Gee_George::stirthepot:

I'd gladly swap ya, if our colors match? I ain't one into cosmetics. I'm not being an as*** here,but really, if our colors match, a sctatch ain't no big deal to me..........:Avatars_Gee_George:

Somebody go key this guy's scoot...

:rotf: :sign just kidding:

LOL its a daily rider, been kicked, boots scuffed,etc. nothing probably that couldn't be buffed, but I ain't into all that................Nothing more furstrating than spending two hours detailing your ride and then its pouring, nope, I quit all that..........

Only two times I wash my bike is when I'm looking for an oil leak or getting ready to sell her......................:witch_brew:

Hmmmmmmmmm.. not sure I ever will, HD has lost all my confidence, they won't even work on my other bike (1981 FLSHS) FTF :stirthepot:

one of the reasons I ended up with the RSV. Hard to stomach 25K for a ride that is so dificult to get serviced. Hell, I've done most of the work myself on the RSV (Lots of help from Eck and folks here) for 1/3 the cost of the letters HD. Now I ani't dissing the factory, but I ain't into HD cat collars,Ceiling fans and the rest of al that boutique crap.

I need tech assistance, and how the hell do that get of when I go for help, all they try to do is to get me to either trade the 81 in or sell me some freakin HD jeans for 100 bucks......................................

LOL its a daily rider, been kicked, boots scuffed,etc. nothing probably that couldn't be buffed, but I ain't into all that................Nothing more furstrating than spending two hours detailing your ride and then its pouring, nope, I quit all that..........

Only two times I wash my bike is when I'm looking for an oil leak or getting ready to sell her......................:witch_brew:

Hey Pick if their that dirty How do ya Know they aren't already scratched?! LOL!

Don, what a shame to have a beautiful machine and something ( as we all know) so personal as a Bike vandalized. I hope it wasn't a fellow rider of an American made bike. Some people take it might personal the imitation Metric crusiers they feel are cutting into another brands market. I know many of our members also own and love Harley's so Its not those I'm talking about . Its just sad.

back when I was working for GM I bought a little Suzuki Samurai drove it to work . One day i come out to find it keyed front to back by a Union brother. I got off luck though because a woman with another one had three of her 4 tires slashed so it had to carted away on a flat bed. I was never so angry or ashamed. Hope you get it repaired to your liking.

OR you'll probably just have to go out and buy a brand new one. Woudn't that be awful!:big-grin-emoticon: Don't let it spoil the rest of your trip! Ride safe!