IGNORED

Eclipse

Condor

Take a pic of the bike during the eclipse of 2017 and post them here.... Don't forget to turn the lights on... It's going to be something that ain't gonna happen again in our lifetime. I'm sitting in a 75% southern zone so we'll see?? Same thing for @cowpuc and crew on the northern edge. It starts about 10am pst. I found THIS from NASA and the nerd in me finds it really intertaining...

Maybe they should have named the new Venture the Eclipse and no V4 feathers would have been ruffled... :-) :whistling:

Got all fired up about it! Our town was predicted to have a 90% coverage. Well, its amazing how much light that big ole sun can put out at 10%. Things around here got considerably dimmer, and very eerie, but nowhere near as dark as I thought it was gonna get.

Now........in 7 years, the eclipse path is gonna go right smack dab over our house. That's gonna be cool! I'm already beginning to toss around a price in my brain of what I'm gonna charge tourists to park on our 6 acres. LOL.

Got my 2 paper plates out, poked a hole in one and threw the other one on the ground, had to adjust a bit but finally got a nice clear image. Think we had about 80% coverage. It was a bright sunny day tho, very little cloud cover. It was errily quiet tho, no squirrels or birds even the local dogs stopped barking.

Craig

What a ball!!!

LOL!!!!!!!!! Now that's creative..... :thumbsup2:

I was going to dust off my welding hood, but thought the better of it. It's one of those newer instant darkening models, and figured the 'H' with it. So I took a piece of note pad and punched a hole in it with a paper clip. Worked pretty well. With just a sliver of the sun showing it wasn't as dark as I expected...

Local news around here was sayin the welding helmet would not provide the correct filtering. But I had a class of students at the time today anywho. It was a weird shade though here in central Fla too. It reminded me of when the football stadium lights are just starting up.

In Greenville SC we had 100% eclipse.The temperature dropped from 93 to 75 and back to 93 in ten minutes.Man was that a freaky feeling during total eclipse.

Not this one, but the eclipse that went across Baja/Cabo San Lucas 25 or so years ago caused the wave action to stop and the ocean to look like a pond. Very weird...

North of Council Bluffs on I-29. Way more rewarding than an eclipse. Capital I capital m capital O.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170821/7387e1c53befe56f89d704b9784e5318.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT TY!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Here's another one for ya!! Keep your eye on the sky and never know what you might see brother!! AHHH OHHH,, THINK I JUST HI-JACKed (or is that wassup Jack?) another one of @Condor 's threads,,, sorry Jack = put it on my bill will ya my friend!:fingers-crossed-emo

Local news around here was sayin the welding helmet would not provide the correct filtering. But I had a class of students at the time today anywho. It was a weird shade though here in central Fla too. It reminded me of when the football stadium lights are just starting up.

Hearing that,,, I loaded this up on You Tube to send to my kids and @VanRiver (wassup Riv) sent me a message on there to let me know that NASA says NOT to use anything below a #14 weld lense = the Sun that makes life possible on our Planet is one bright varmint THAT is for sure!!!!

Hey @cowpuc, yes sorry to be bearer of bad news (and after the fact too). I thought long and hard if I should post that information or not as I didn't want to worry you or Tippy! I personally was all excited to use my welding gear for me and the family too, but then saw that all my helmets were #11 and below. My old blind eyes have problems welding in pure blackness of a #14 ....my welding bead already wanders enough with my shaky hands (and lack of skill)!:fiddle:

I'm sure you and TIP are fine.....so no need to start shopping for that seeing eye dog yet......You would probably train that dog to ride and guide Tweeksis anyway!

Be safe buddy, and say "howdy" to TIP for me!

maxresdefault.jpg

Hearing that,,, I loaded this up on You Tube to send to my kids and VanRiver (wassup Riv) sent me a message on there to let me know that NASA says NOT to use anything below a #14 weld lense = the Sun that makes life possible on our Planet is one bright varmint THAT is for sure!!!!

I took the day off for the event but didn't drive Anywhere to see it. Figured 97% totality was close enough to avoid the crowd. Rigged up my special viewing camera. Got set up in the front yard in plenty of time. When it was time, a big cloud was passing and I didn't see poop. The dog was unimpressed as well.

IMG_20170821_124011.jpg