IGNORED

Warm winter so far

2WHEELSFORME

This week I have mowed the yard, took a bike ride in a t-shirt and jeans and put up the Christmas decorations. Not things I consider normal things to do together on the same weekend.
You live in Florida, what else would you expect?? :confused07:

Me thinks you Canucks and those close to the Northern border do not really know too much about North Florida, this in NOT the Keys. Yes it gets cold here, even freezes often in the winter. Seldom snows but I do have heated gear on my bike and it is needed for year round riding. Believe me it is a damp wet cold when it comes in that makes even the 40s miserable. This is an eventfully warm winter so far and I like having to run my AC in December as well as wearing shorts to put up Christmas lights on the house. Come on down if the tundra is too much, plenty of jobs and affordable housing with low cost of living and low crime rates. Motorcycles are everywhere anytime the sun is shinning. Merry Christmas!

Me thinks you Canucks and those close to the Northern border do not really know too much about North Florida, this in NOT the Keys. Yes it gets cold here, even freezes often in the winter. Seldom snows but I do have heated gear on my bike and it is needed for year round riding. Believe me it is a damp wet cold when it comes in that makes even the 40s miserable.
Surprisingly, your description also fits where I live. I don't seem to need heated gear to ride year round although there is the occasional miserable ride to contend with including a few days when riding is not advisable due to ice.

I do understand your point of view though. I went to Australia when I was 20. It was March when I arrived and the temps were in the 60's. For me, having just come through a winter, I was very happy with a Tee and shorts while the vast majority of people were dressed in heavy winter coats. It's all relative. Enjoy the good effects of global warming while you can since the bad effects are more pervasive and a huge disaster. Think droughts, wildfires, floods and the Polar Vortex. You are lucky to have to endure breaking into a sweat while decorating your home for Christmas.

A snow free Christmas is a treat I often get to enjoy as well.

Hope you have a good one.

Ha! Today we had our first snow of the season. :canada:Being on the west coast we don't usually get much snow & some of us ride year round. In fact I got out yesterday it was 5 degrees C but sunny & enjoyable, dress warm, my new neoprene face mask worked a treat.

How different today.... lower temps & a anything from just a few to 20cm of snow & the place has fallen apart.

Schools closed, numerous fender benders, trees & power lines down, public transit (train & bus) not running or reduced services, Stupid drivers who can't drive in snow.... Crazy!!! You'd think being in Canada we'd be able to cope with a bit of snow. Not at all! Now temps are predicted to drop, to -2 or -3 deg so now we're being warned of icy roads for the next few days then the possibility of more snow later in the week. :cold:

Chicago had their Toys For Tots run yesterday (has been the 1st Sunday of December for 30+ years)... They moved the ride up 1 hour and kicked off at 8:30 am in light flurries but over all dry streets. Hit the drop off point an hour later in dry conditions. About 1/2 way home the humidity went way up and next think you know me and my buddy are in THICK snow with 15 miles to home. Good thing I was running my "snow" tires since I went darkside earlier this year.

2016-12-04 11.40.32.jpg

More than once I have had a winter ride on the bike home from work in 6 inches of partly cloudy. :snow2:

As a kid I did not care about snow, I rode my bicycle in anything. Those skinny tires cut right thru the snow to the pavement. The cycles I have ridden in snow handled it much better than I would have thought, but still not really safe. My E3s look like a terrible snow tread.

As a kid I did not care about snow, I rode my bicycle in anything. Those skinny tires cut right thru the snow to the pavement..

Yep. I did too... Growing up in New Hampshire. But when i took a newspaper delivery job, my dad and i wrapped the tires in heavy twine in a crossover pattern. Actually helped me at 5am in the fresh snow. Fun times! :snow:

We just got the first real blast of cold , in the last couple days. Today I took the bike to a wedding 35 miles away. It was like 32 when I left and 29 coming home.

My van has the spare tire on it cause I got a flat during the week. So I didnt want to get stranded up there in the cold. Plus, I have some pretty good cold weather gear so It was no problem.

When I pulled into the parking lot on the bike, I could see people pointing and going WTF?LOL It did make me feel alittle bit bad ass. Bike ran cold, never really got up to temp where she likes it.

It is all relative. We were in New Orleans one December. The buskers were bundled up in overcoats,hats, scarves, gloves with the fingers cut off so they could still play their instruments. They thought we were crazy walking about in our tee shirts and jeans. It was 65-70F.

Well our snow started again on Thursday/ Friday & came in waves. Just enough time to clear the garage apron & then it was covered again. Still haven't been able to get my driveway done, but a friend is bringing his snowblower over. All in all I'd say we've had around 12-15 inches. & we usually get very little. Temps are predicted to hover around zero for a some time so it'll take a while to move.

It sure looks nice but is a bit of a pain when you have to go out in it. :canada:

100_2930.jpg100_2929.jpg100_2931.jpg100_2932.jpg

C.100_2931.jpg

C.100_2929.jpg

It has been snowing continuously for the last 24 hours and should continue for about another 5 or so. Temps have been hovering in the 20s. It is like a giant snow globe outside.

What a lovely day it has been.

They called for the same "Big Snow" o 5-10" down here in Chicago and I was hoping to get my new (to me) Deere tractor & snowthrower out for a 1st run but ended up only getting like 3" total.

Speaking of...I picked up the thrower a few weeks back in NW Milwaukee and we took the scenic route up the lake front and past the Crazy house in your neck of WI.