IGNORED

Opinions- Motor Trike Kit on Gold Wing??

Yammer Dan

Put some miles on a Harley trike today with a straight axle and it would be hard for me to believe that a trike could ride any better than that. Been told IRS is even better and if that's true, must really be a heck of a ride. [emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Put some miles on a Harley trike today with a straight axle and it would be hard for me to believe that a trike could ride any better than that. Been told IRS is even better and if that's true, must really be a heck of a ride. [emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Glad to hear you folks got out and TOTALLY enjoyed the ride Dave!!:thumbsup:

Just thought of something here,, wasnt very long ago and someone on Craigs was selling an IRS system - no idea if it was Motor Trike Dan.. I was amazed at how much happening there was going on there.. Wonder if any of us have chased one out to high mileage,,,,, say,,, over 150k and just how durable all those moving points are.. Also,, how user friendly to the "grease monkey" are they = lots of zerks? Might be worth discussing from that perspective.....:missingtooth:

Just thought of something here,, wasnt very long ago and someone on Craigs was selling an IRS system - no idea if it was Motor Trike Dan.. I was amazed at how much happening there was going on there.. Wonder if any of us have chased one out to high mileage,,,,, say,,, over 150k and just how durable all those moving points are.. Also,, how user friendly to the "grease monkey" are they = lots of zerks? Might be worth discussing from that perspective.....:missingtooth:

Was thinking in that direction Puc. Seems the straight axel would be less Maint. This Bike looks new. With 6k?? Not a lot of extras on lot but a few. NO I ain't showing it until I decide!!! They claim to have changed fluids and did upkeep. But 500 miles a year on that Beauty??? That's a Sin...... says the guy that hasn't thrown a leg over in 1 and 1/2 years!!!:bang head::bang head::Avatars_Gee_George: This thing could be worth??? They are asking 17. Too much for a 02. But telling it from a new one would be hard.

Was thinking in that direction Puc. Seems the straight axel would be less Maint. This Bike looks new. With 6k?? Not a lot of extras on lot but a few. NO I ain't showing it until I decide!!! They claim to have changed fluids and did upkeep. But 500 miles a year on that Beauty??? That's a Sin...... says the guy that hasn't thrown a leg over in 1 and 1/2 years!!!:bang head::bang head::Avatars_Gee_George: This thing could be worth??? They are asking 17. Too much for a 02. But telling it from a new one would be hard.

WOWZY WOW WOW WOW BRO!! 6k miles - sucker aint even broke in yet!! :scared:

Dont know nutting about the Wing 1800 - no idea if they have a 6 digit odometer? If not, I would be going over that puppy with a fine tooth comb and asking LOTS of questions cause - WOW that is LOW mileage!! From my perspective (which I KNOW matches yours) = who on earth would own a GORGEOUS machine like that and then punish it by not riding it - SAD!!

Anyway,, maybe we need to get someone like @Eck (aint heard from Eckster in a while - hope he is ok out there) or another Wing guru and find out the differences between years.. Something in my gut says they didnt change em much over the years.. I know Honda had some frame issues in the first year model but beyond that - all I have heard is good about em..

IMHO - 17? NOT BAD AT ALL if it really is a 6k scoot!! 30k and up for a new one is common - now that I think about it - aren't those sweethearts closer to 40k new? I can see why your :think: BIG TIME!!!! Is it a 1 owner scoot? Is it near you so you can go look at it? If not, get one of our trusted members who live near it to go take a peek and give it a once over.

Tell you one thing, from all I have seen out Chasing The Front Wheel across America = those 1800 Wings are AMAZING scoots bro - and thats a fact!

Hey DanL',, I took liberty and did a real quick "market study" by using Adhuntr on the Triked 1800 Wings.. Everything I spun up on there came out above 20k and most of those were way higher mileage scoots than we are talking here.. I did find one of the same year you are talking about - take a peek http://rmn.craigslist.org/mcy/5713350334.html (but hurry before the Boss catches us talking bikes for sale in the Water Hole again :big-grin-emoticon:)..

Gotta be realistic though and remember that just because they are asking 21k doesnt mean they will get that number.. Thinking 15 to 20 has gotta be about right for this time of year - maybe, maybe not.. 6k miles bro - WOW, that is almost embarrassing to say about a scoot thats 14 years old aint it :big-grin-emoticon:

You can go to Adhuntr.com ,, type in Goldwing trike and you will find all the Craigs list trikes across America.. Its a good way to at least get a handle of what others are asking.. Make sense? Sorry if not.. Trying to help bro - all the best in your endeavor!! :thumbsup:

No different than a car as for maintenance of an IRS trike. A few grease fittings, maybe a bearing hub assembly or u-joint at some point. Given the superior ride characteristics of an IRS, it's well worth the possibility of a failed part after a thousands of (s)miles.

I think my Hot Rod days are about gone. This could make it a little better for the straight axel?? I followed B2Dad thru "Wolf Pen" and I was pushing that 85 trying to keep up. I can't remember what his set-up was. :think:

Don's was a Hannigan RSV IRS

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Dan that price is not bad for an 02. Remember Donnie from the IR rally? His 01 is for sale and I think he is asking $25,000 for it but it does have every thing but the sink on it.

Yea but he had 20K in lites on that puppy:Laugh:

Craig

I don't know anything about straight axles but can tell you the Hannigan IRS is excellent.

If I'm in the mood to hammer on it cruisers simply cant keep up. It's a 3 wheeled sports car.

I know your fighting the need to move over to a trike and understand. I was faced with the choice of going to a trike or leaving Shirley at home when I rode.

Well that was a easy choice because if Shirley ain't going, I don't want to go either.

I miss laying over in a curve and grinding some pegs and so does Shirley. But when the choice is riding on three or not at all the choice was easy for me.

If you want to talk trikes give me a call or PM. Everything you want to know about trikes is at triketalk.com

I don't know anything about straight axles but can tell you the Hannigan IRS is excellent.

If I'm in the mood to hammer on it cruisers simply cant keep up. It's a 3 wheeled sports car.

I know your fighting the need to move over to a trike and understand. I was faced with the choice of going to a trike or leaving Shirley at home when I rode.

Well that was a easy choice because if Shirley ain't going, I don't want to go either.

I miss laying over in a curve and grinding some pegs and so does Shirley. But when the choice is riding on three or not at all the choice was easy for me.

If you want to talk trikes give me a call or PM. Everything you want to know about trikes is at triketalk.com

:clap2::clap2::clap2::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Right there with ya Mike,, RIGHT THERE WITH YA!!

Few years ago my BFF = Tip n I were out CTFW following the back roads of America.. After passing groups of guys heading toward Sturgis she leaned forward and said, "are you sure you wouldn't rather be riding with "the gang" - I padded her left leg, leaned back and told her there is NOTHING like having your very best friend chasing the wind on a motorcycle with ya.. Few days later we had stopped for gas out in Yellowstone when a large group of riders pulled in around us.. One of those guys came over, admired our beat up ol sticker covered 1st Gen with a Tent hanging on the back and says = "I would give ANYTHING if my wife would be willing to do something like that".. I :big-grin-emoticon:, looked at Tip and then ask the guy = "even if you had to give up riding with the gang"? He laughed and said = "we are a close group and really good buddies but NOT THAT GOOD :big-grin-emoticon:".. Thousands and thousands of miles later and Tip never brought that subject up again :thumbsup:

:7_2_104[1]:

Things haven't gone well in this retirement crap. If I was working I would already have this one. It is a Beauty with only6k miles. Not a lot of extras so you could make it your own. I would have to make payments on it and that just plain sucks!! Trying to talk myself out of it. Warden says go for it. She ain't helping. :bang head::bang head::bang head: Looking in the garage I Should Know better!!!

Dan, I have the straight axle motor trike on the rsv, my only issue is rough roads, which is just about all the roads in the north east. Those darn bumps that come from the winter freeze causing the asphalt to heave up can darn near launch you off the bike and raddle your spin. It does have adjustable air bags in the rear end and can be adjusted for weight and handling. With that being said, if I ever buy another trike it would be a irs system. Our backs cant take much more of our wonderful roads.

Things haven't gone well in this retirement crap. If I was working I would already have this one. It is a Beauty with only6k miles. Not a lot of extras so you could make it your own. I would have to make payments on it and that just plain sucks!! Trying to talk myself out of it. Warden says go for it. She ain't helping. :bang head::bang head::bang head: Looking in the garage I Should Know better!!!

Keep waiting and someone else will make that purchase decision and be smiling all the way down the road. Tricycles are not my cup of tea. I've yet too see one handle as good as a two wheeler in the curves. Just a matter of choice and riding habits.

Keep waiting and someone else will make that purchase decision and be smiling all the way down the road. Tricycles are not my cup of tea. I've yet too see one handle as good as a two wheeler in the curves. Just a matter of choice and riding habits.

Just about my thoughts Bill. I've been pushed in that direction but.....:think: just don't know. This is a good chunk of change for me right now. Not saying I couldn't just a good chunk. Still got a day and 1/2 to think about it. Lot of answers unclear. Motor Trike made a IRS also. Salesman said he thought it was axle.:think: It is very clean with only 6k miles. Do I want a trike?? :think::think::think: