IGNORED

Ventureless now

Carbon_One

Well today my 83 left the stable for the last time. It was hardly ever ridden by me during the 4 or 5 years I had it, so made the decision to find someone who would actually ride it. I can safely say I found that person and know its in good hands.

Scott / CowPuc now has it in his possession.

With only 76000 miles on it, it has a lot of life left in the old girl for him & Tippy. Especially with Tweaks having over 300,000 miles.

I'm sure folks will see him out riding the country side. Enjoy the new ride Puc.

Larry

Scott & Tippy on the 83 (Small).jpg

Scott & the 83 (Small).jpg

Edited by Carbon_One
pics added

What an incredible,, almost unbelievable story, this next phase of life in the fast land of owning Yamaha MK1 1st Gen Ventures today has been.. First, allow me to state that I am forever grateful to my dear friend and fellow motorcyclists Carbon One and his wife Joyce for the care they took in safe guarding #6 for Tip and I all the years they owned her. I also would like to, again, state how thankful I am for our website - VentureRider.org - and what it has meant to us in developing life long friendships and in the loving kinship we all share around these amazing bikes. I would also really like to thank a person known to me as "DenDen" (Larry or @ragtop69gs - correct me if I am wrong on that name please) for all the amazing work he did on our new bike.. Larry and I went over some of DenDen's maintenance notes (WOW - IMPECCABLE) and I was FLABBERGASTED as what I saw.. It is fairly easy to look at this amazing piece of formidable motorcycling history and see by its outward appearance that this is no ordinary 1st Gen Standard.. While never really being one to be attracted to Safety Chrome and the like, I really really have to admit - this doll is GORGEOUS!!

There are other things found deep within the heart of this precious old girl that actually do more than make my eyes bug out though.. Months ago when Larry mentioned to me that he really felt in his heart that this bike was going to someday find it's home and new life in the hands of Tip and I he was telling me that this particular scoot had had the 2nd gear issue dealt with properly - having ridden hundreds of thousands of miles on 1st Gens of the past (including Tweeks) by short shifting due to 2nd gear on those bikes gone where ever 1st Gen 2nd gears go on a lifelong vacation - this sales point by Larry made my heart pound like a Bow Hunters heart beats when a massive buck is standing under his tree stand (I always called it the "pump"). This will be a FIRST for me!! Another point of interest that we varified while gazing DenDen's notes today was a Barnett Clutch (:scared:never ever did have a good clutch either - WOWZY is that nice!!)/Progressive Springs and a Progressive Rear Shock (THANK YOU RAGGY FOR HELPING FIND THAT NAME ON THE SHOCK TODAY!!). While gazing under the bike looking at the shock - I also happen to notice ZERKS!!!!! GREASE ZERKS ON ALL THE SHOCK MOUNT BUSHINGS - WOWZY!!!!! Also under there some where I believe (correct me if I am wrong on this Larry) is gusseting of the problematic frame!! Larry also pointed out the rewire of the fuse block that has been done (thinking that may actually be some of Larry's work? Either way - JUST BEAUTIFUL).. During the process of discovering all this stuff I pointed out to Raggy today that I was literally shaking with excitement..

I could write a book about the happenings of the day (a few of you know that I really am capable of producing such a boring thing) but, in the name of consideration and out of respect for you the reader I will cut this introduction to our new bike short and end by saying this,,,, after getting separated from Tippy on the way home I managed to spend some bonding time with our new sweetheart.. I can attest that, even with a set of dirty plugs misfiring on 2 and 4 (I managed to weasel a ride in Larry and Joyces new Sling Shot to chase down new plugs for 1 and 3 - some people will do ANYTHING for a ride in a 200 horse big kids motorcycle/go cart/dune buggy :scared:- sorry folks,, getting caught venturing out into that book thing) and in an effort to burn off any remaining fuel stabilizer left in the new scoots tank I discovered on the way home from Detroit that this princess has the heart of a Queen!! Some middle aged guy on a V-65 Saber decided he was simply going to demenish any chance at Queenship our new bike had.. Anyone who has ever ridden one of these MK1's knows first hand how difficult this scenario is on the heart of bike with Royality in her blood... With Tippy safely in the confines of our cage behind me back in Detroit and doing as I had done so many times before with MK1's of years past,, I leaned forward and whispered into her yet to grow horn's fairing ""its ok sweetheart,,,,, let er buck".. I few seconds later I tipped my head down under my arm as I used to do when playing on the flat track at our local Motorcycle Club grounds for a quick glance at the competition and was pleasantly surprised to see the front wheel of our first challengers bike slowly disappearing from the scope of my view,, glanced up at my now WORKING speedo (oh yea,, forgot to mention - speedo AND gas gauge both work on my new one!!!) and noticed it had creeped well above a buck twenty.. It suddenly occurred to me that Tip had the paperwork on "Larry's bike" (tongue and cheek Larry - that's what popped into my mind when I realized what I was doing WITHOUT proper paperwork - "wasn't me officer" :mugshot::big-grin-emoticon:) .. And so it all begins,,,,,,, again.....

Speaking of being a law abiding citizen,,,, here are a few quick pics of what a new baby looks like at this time.. Discussion is already taking place in the Puc home about just where the future leads for all the "bling" on this lady.. Raggy scowled his normal smirky smirk when I mentioned how much better this one would "feel" once I got all our "stuff" on it.. I have blonde side covers on Tweeks that have well over a million miles on em (have been on all five of the 1st Gens we have worn out) and LOTS of memory stickers.. I mentioned how I personally would really like to just transfer all Tweeks glass and stickers over to this one to Raggy.. Raggy smirked and mentioned just starting over - problem is I cant... The people we have met and were thoughtful enough to sign Tweeks, the memories wrapped up in her gorgeous sticker covered body... This will be a tough one cause this new sure is purdy... One really cool thing about it all,, no matter what I end up doing in that regard,,, it appears at this time that my short shifting, clutch slipping days are slowly coming to an end - who'ld a thunk it..

DSCN2694.JPG

DSCN2704.JPG

DSCN2708.JPG

DSCN2711.JPG

DSCN2713.JPG

DSCN2715.JPG

DSCN2717.JPG

DSCN2719.JPG

DSCN2723.JPG

DSCN2724.JPG

Pucster....she really is a very pretty scoot. Nice that you two were able to get together. Now #6 has an exciting life ahead of her. Miles to go before she sleeps. Lots of scenery to see and explore. Very nice....congrats to the Pucster family!!!

:biker:

P.S. now that you have working vents, don't forget to open them when you park so the engine heat doesn't melt the plastic vent! BTW, that's another thing my wifemate likes about the 1st gen over the 2nd gen...adjustable heaters for winter riding!

Edited by videoarizona
add...

It is a good one Puc. Came close to being mine after the Blue Beast thing but I ended up in Skid's garage crawling around on the floor bringing another one back to life. Sure ya will enjoy that one. Don't it have V-Max gears?? I could be wrong on that.......:Avatars_Gee_George::usa::backinmyday:

Sooooooo, whatcha gonna name this one??

Thanks everyone for the well wishes!! Bongo,, that naming thing is something that has to be earned - historically it takes at least 3 days of touring for the process to even begin - right now this new one is still hiding the corner of the garage staring at Tweeks with a look of "what on earth have a gotten myself into" written all over it.. :big-grin-emoticon:

Cowpuc---------------g r 8 looking machine-------KEEP IT THAT WAY----------------ya made it to the big house----I know that u and Tip will enjoy many hrs. of ridin on that beauty ----------looking forward to seeing ya'll at some event---Jrichard--------