IGNORED

2015 riding season, what did you do for milage this year?

Brake Pad

I actually don't know how many miles I put on the Honda Trike before I sold it this year,maybe 1000,but I don't know for sure. Now the Spyder I put 8000 miles on her in 5 months. Great riding. I think I will do a lot more in 2016. I like riding the Spyder more then I ever liked the Goldwing.

I did about 5000 miles on my VFR800 which i got in april this year and 5-600 miles on my 2000RSV which i got in nov this year. hope to do a lot more touring on the RSV as its easier for my wife to get on, and just use the VFR for myself only

Edited by Jamsie

Think we put about 5000 miles on Big Mac this summer.....at least half of it following @cowpuc around at one of his MG&EM events, looking for a place that actually had hot dogs :stickpoke: :doh:

BUT,, cha gotta admit,, that was just one little bump in road of Hot Doggin it Dave :dancefool::dancefool:

Best be gettin that gorgeous Big Mac ready cause 2016 looks like an even BIGGER Hot Dog chomping, tato' chip munchin, Puc n Tippy following summer than even last year.. I even found my old deer hunting compass the other day, the one that has gotten me lost in the woods many many times, and will now be carrying it so we can get even more fun miles under our belts trying to find those Dogs in '16!!:thumbsup2:

Is that the compass that has no magnet in it?

Yep,, thats the one!! It also has no glass covering the little half a needle it has left so its real easy to use, you just stick your finger in the little hole where the glass use to be, point the needle where ever you wanna go and your all set.. Its really pretty fancy, it even has a little button on its side that I call the " daily explore feature". The way that works is you move the needle to point where you want to go, push the explore button - this locks the needle down so it cant move. The you can go the whole day without ever looking at the compass again cause the needle cant move and get you lost. Only bad thing about this feature is you MUST remember to reset it first thing in the morning cause of the way the earth rotates and moves a little on its axis every night (:think: thinkin bad bearings on our planets axis axle), I KNOW from experience that if you dont reset it you WILL walk/ride in a circle...

Yep,, thats the one!! It also has no glass covering the little half a needle it has left so its real easy to use, you just stick your finger in the little hole where the glass use to be, point the needle where ever you wanna go and your all set.. Its really pretty fancy, it even has a little button on its side that I call the " daily explore feature". The way that works is you move the needle to point where you want to go, push the explore button - this locks the needle down so it cant move. The you can go the whole day without ever looking at the compass again cause the needle cant move and get you lost. Only bad thing about this feature is you MUST remember to reset it first thing in the morning cause of the way the earth rotates and moves a little on its axis every night (:think: thinkin bad bearings on our planets axis axle), I KNOW from experience that if you dont reset it you WILL walk/ride in a circle...

THAT sure explains a lot !!! :confused24: :doh:

Ok thanks for the reminder on this. I never record milage other than oil changes. So what are the guide lines here.... can I combine the two bikes or is this just about the RSV? I feel I ride the VStrom more than the Venture but changed the oil 3 or 4 times on the Venture last year and only twice on Venture. Could have been because of Venture West using up an oil change in it's self.

So i will record milage tomorrow so I can keep track.

A light year for us, only about 5,000 miles. Due to getting our old house ready to sell, selling it, moving and getting some work to the new house started, we hardly rode the bike the first half of the year. Now that we're living further south, we've been able to ride much later than normal though. Like Cubs fans say, "wait 'till next year".

Hey Everyone!! Long time since I've been on the site, lots of changes in my world this year so it has been a busy one. Hopefully 2016 will see some calm and I can get back to doing what I enjoy most. I managed to put about 15,000 kilo's or 9,400 Miles on this season. 1 week long trip to Yellowstone and other than that local trips with friends. Hope everyone has a GREAT 2016!!

My goal each year is minimum 10,000 miles. Achieved that in 2014, this past year 6,8xx on Goldwing, 580 on Vulcan and perhaps 80 miles on Sunns CB900F. I've been incredibly busy with working and college classes, as well as the grueling Florida summer w high humidity. That alone reduces my riding as I am AGATT. That isn't going to change this year either, however I will crack 10k his year...

Jan to May 1, 2015 I put about 3000 miles on my RSV... then I bought a new Wing and put 3000 miles on it until being hit by a truck on June 29. The accident kept me off the road for a couple weeks, but I got a second new wing and ended the year with 14,500 on it. Shoulder surgery ended my 2015 riding season Dec 1, so I lost some miles there as well. Anyway, I did right around 20,500 miles in 2015. Plus maybe another 1500 miles on a Honda Magna. But I think it would have been closer to 25,000 had it not been for the accident.

Edited by Venturous